Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

just watched the highlights

:eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Imagine having all that playing talent in your county but nothing but a handful of mouthbreathers to choose from in terms of management...

Belge should give Big Sam a call is what I'm saying.

cadfael
Nov 7, 2010

gently caress the ref for booking Ramsey, soft as shite

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

Tortuga posted:

Imagine having all that playing talent in your county but nothing but a handful of mouthbreathers to choose from in terms of management...

Belge should give Big Sam a call is what I'm saying.

wow you seem knowledgable about the sport and not at all retarded, tell me more

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Surely Belgium can hire a foreigner like they do with literally all of their players

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
They're not England.

cadfael
Nov 7, 2010

Gigi Galli posted:

Surely Belgium can hire a foreigner like they do with literally all of their players

:boom:

Predictions for tomorrow mate?

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

Gigi Galli posted:

we really don't have too, before wilmots was nt coach he failed at a second division side, he just happened to be assistant of another big failure

the thing is we FINALLY got rid of a generation of incredibly daft fuckers as managers (vercauteren, vandereycken, jacobs, waseige, leekens, i'm forgetting others) where preud'homme and to a lesser extent gerets were the only decent ones, and the current crop of managers (vanhaezebrouck - first coach to have a belgian team go through the cl group phase since 1993, ferrera, to a lesser extent vanderhaeghe and mazzu, riga too if he didn't end up as a duchatelet stooge) is actually looking pretty cool and good

we're not in an england situation where none of the managers of english professional teams are actually english, i would be alright with any of the names apart from riga taking over now, if only because tactics will be discussed (as wilmots didn't, and it's been clear from the start he didn't)

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

also did an italian-american really just try to burn me by telling me our players come from immigration??

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

belgend posted:

wow you seem knowledgable about the sport and not at all retarded, tell me more

Is this what you said to Wilmots at the interview?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

cadfael posted:

:boom:

Predictions for tomorrow mate?

Either a really tight game decided by 1 goal or a total blowout where Italy loses by 6. I think it'll be the first but De Rossi is not fit and Motta is suspended so poor Sturaro has to get thrown in to the fire again.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

belgend posted:

also did an italian-american really just try to burn me by telling me our players come from immigration??

Yes that's me, Jersey Giacomo born and raised on Staten Island.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Predictions for tomorrow: germany will lose to italy like always

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

hopterque posted:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Germany 2-1 after a late scare when an old man falls over and everyone thinks his hip has broken but he was actually just heading the ball into the net.

cadfael
Nov 7, 2010

Gigi Galli posted:

Either a really tight game decided by 1 goal or a total blowout where Italy loses by 6. I think it'll be the first but De Rossi is not fit and Motta is suspended so poor Sturaro has to get thrown in to the fire again.

I think it will be tight I hope Italy win somehow, really want a France v Italy semi to go to a score draw peno's

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer

hopterque posted:

Yes and I will be sad since I sound like a broken record going "I see a slight advantage and yadda yadda" and Italy pulls out their special superweapon that gives us a slow buttfuck.

But on the other hand I see that the rabble in the other half of the bracket are having their fun so the new mode is probably not that bad. Well I personally think it is poo poo but who am I to judge.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

I want something like this to happen tomorrow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1Um5zvKaIM

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I fell asleep during the match, did Hal Robson-Kanu really score that fully sick goal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
belgium are the england of the eu

• Locked thread