Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
joke_explainer

his were amazing!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joke_explainer

another one:

http://www.somethingawful.com/comedy-goldmine/sensual-ocular-contact/1/

joke_explainer

I'm always scared the front page articles are some kind of joke making fun of us for being so hosed up that we find our posts funny and g0m is just like wow they keep falling for it LOL but it's probably because of low self esteem.. or is it?? anyway I do think the articles are genuinely funny and appreciate seeing the highlights arranged there

joke_explainer

I'm happy that thread got featured and also my video with Tubthumping is in it and somehow still hasn't been taken down.

joke_explainer

FluffieDuckie posted:

luvcow you're amzaingly talented. thank you for sharing :love:

joke_explainer

I liked that thread! Good work everybody!

joke_explainer

He threw together a nice title card! It sets the stage. I like em all, and great thread idea there.

joke_explainer

not us specifically but it is the frontpage hugfest, so it could be about other things we like there too at times, and g0m's new snorgtees idea article is very funny

http://www.somethingawful.com/news/mashup-shirt-slogans/ if you don't check out the front page often

My favs:

g0m posted:

26: The curiosity probe holding a gun with smoke coming out of it in front of a cartoon cat with Xs for eyes and a small hole in its head.

43: Doctor Who wearing a V for Vendetta Guy Fawkes mask. no text.

joke_explainer

Manifisto posted:

huh, I was actually gonna call out this one myself because I thought it was really good, byob-ish if that is not an insult to g0m--so maybe more precisely the kind of humor byob tries to achieve

yeah it is like he did a 60-reply high-quality thread by himself

joke_explainer

the littlest prince posted:

I think those posts were out of order, hope it didn't take away from the hilarity

idk how but I was able to edit this post?

It's out of order on purpose to improve the jokes! It's the magic of editing. By building up to the Pepsi tombstone it's funny.

I'm surprised some of mine made the cut to be honest, I struggled in that thread and still had my doubts after posting, so many really funny posts in there I just felt kind of derivative. Nice to see a lot of them got on there though :)

joke_explainer

social vegan posted:

we'll see how hard working I am when it's a thread I'm not OP on :ssh:

SV glares, dumps thread in the gas chamber

joke_explainer

google THIS posted:

It's no biggie but the sea monkeys post was actually me. v:shobon:v

I just read the page and came here to mention it! I did not write that great post. Sorry Jett :( I hope somebody has a minute to fix it, you deserve your name up there in the blazing lights of one of the top thousand comedy sites online.

joke_explainer

Thanks g0m! It's appreciated.

joke_explainer

that's a real deep cut. I totally forgot about that thread

joke_explainer

On the other hand, if we knew how many page views every g0m curated BYOB contribution to the front page had, we could plug all the named contributors in and figure out which posters best serve the 5,562nd website in the world. That seems like a fun idea right??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joke_explainer

Robot Made of Meat posted:

Not to backseat mod or anything, but isn't someone supposed to ask the IK to goldmine the thread?

Ohhh I'll do it.

IK, please goldmine the thread!

• Locked thread