Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare.

Ambrose
Ambrose steadily meets Charlotte's gaze and returns her reassuring shoulder pat with a sincere nod. "I appreciate the chance to prove myself. I will be the first and last line of defense, Red Crown won't get past me to harm my charges. I will not let you down." A bit stilted perhaps, but the gravitas of the situation made it seem like the right thing to say. He takes up his designated position on the field and holds out his left arm casually, summoning his longsword in a swirl of blue light. He balances the point on the floor as he waits for the order to attack.

Akio Yamamura
Akio can feel his heart pounding as the pull timer counts down as if in slow motion. Messing up and appearing as a failure in the eyes of some of the best players in the world, and Red Charlotte in particular, would be a disaster. He focuses. Keep Red Crown's attention, gather up the adds, save defensive cooldowns for the enrages and trust in the group to execute the plan flawlessly. Seems simple enough? 5... 4... 3... He swallows hard. 2... 1... Here we go, here we go...

Ambrose leaps into action, snatching up the sword in his grip and dashing forward towards the bleeding giant in one fluid motion. Mid-stride the weapon starts thrumming with arcane power, the promise of a powerful blow to start off the battle. He reaches his target and uses the momentum to swing his blade in a wide arc!... He whiffs by a mile. He lets out an annoyed grunt, but the attack wasn't entirely wasted. The magic force enveloping the blade washes over Red Crown, the mark was in place.

Move: Walk to C13
Standard: Booming Blade vs AC: 1d20+13 15, miss!
Minor: Aegis of Shielding: Red Crown is Marked and suffers -2 to attacks not directed at me.

pre:
Ambrose
HP: 60/60		AC:	24 	Passive Insight: 15
Surges: 10/10 (V: 15)	Fort:	16 	Passive Perception: 15
Initiative: +4		Ref:	18	Vision: Low-light Vision
Speed: 6		Will:	19	Action Points: 1
Languages: Common, Elven

Farbond Spellblade Longsword: +13, 1d8+6 (MBA)

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Aegis of Shielding	[ ] Second Wind			[ ] Vanishing Blade
Booming Blade		[ ] Argent Rain			[ ] Shielding Fire
Sword Burst		[ ] Fey Step			
			[ ] Sword of Sigils		
Summoned Armor		[ ] Dimensional Vortex		
Acrobat Boots		[ ] Shield
			[ ] Armathor's Step
			[ ] Arcane Mutterings

[ ] Amulet of Life
Passives
Eladrin Will: +5 bonus to saving throws against charm effects.
Rose King's Shield: Once per turn gain THP when hitting an enemy with Booming Blade.
White Lotus Riposte: If an enemy I have hit with an arcane at-will attacks me they take 4 damage.
War Wizard's Expertise: -5 penalty to hit allies with arcane attacks.

Sockerbagarn fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Dec 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Ambrose

Ambrose's eyes flit back and forth across the battlefield even as he reels from the powerful slam. Tricky as the situation may seem it was clear what had to be done. Good thing he came prepared for the occasion.

He lifts his blade high and starts to bring it down upon the fey lord in an obvious overhead slash, but just as the sword reaches its apex it disappears in a flash, and Ambrose along with it! He reappears on the other side of Red Crown, following through with his attack and carving into the defenseless backside of his red foe. He throws a quick glance at the nearby red cap and beckons it with his free hand, his fingers leaving trails of luminescent magic in the air. "Uh uh. You're coming with me." When Red Crown turns around to retaliate, Ambrose is already gone.

[GROUP]: "I'll bring Red over to the east. Try to spread out a bit, no reason for several of us to eat his slam attack."

With a whirling attack he re-enters the battlefield between the two remaining unmarked red caps, his form blurry and transparent from the teleportation magic. The blade slices into the side of the red cap harassing the headless girl, causing a red seal to appear over his head, but the other one ducks in time to avoid the attack entirely.

Three out of four marks in place. Hopefully that was good enough, but then again...

"Valkyrie, sukukaja!" The warrior maiden appears and valiantly dashes to the horned girl who had been left a bit too exposed, providing her cover from the unmarked add or anything else that might come for her.

Move: Armathor's Step: Teleport to A12, I gain a +2 attack bonus to my next attack. I'm also flanking Red Crown and gain combat advantage.
Minor: Aegis of Shielding: Red Cap (B11) is Marked, overwriting my mark on Red Crown (for a brief moment).
Standard: Vanishing Blade vs Red Crown AC: 1d20+13+2+2 30 vs AC, hit! 2d8+6 15 damage and Red Crown is Marked UEOMNT.
Vanishing Blade: As part of the effect I teleport to B17 and become invisible UEOMNT. Until the end of the encounter, whenever I hit with a melee attack, I can teleport 3 squares as a free action.
Action Point!
Standard: Sword of Sigils vs Red Caps (A16, C18) AC: 2#1d20+13+2 18, miss. 27, hit! Redcap C18 takes 1d8+6 13 damage and is Marked UEOMNT. Until the mark fades the target takes 4 force damage if it makes an attack that doesn't include me.
Fortune: Sukukaja: Tough Girl at A15 gains Melee Evasion against the next attack.
Save vs Petrifying Mist: 1d20 14, saved!

pre:
Ambrose
HP: 41/60		AC:	24 	Passive Insight: 15
Surges: 10/10 (V: 15)	Fort:	16 	Passive Perception: 15
Speed: 6		Will:	19	Action Points: 0
Languages: Common, Elven		Fortune Points: 1

Aegis of Shielding	[ ] Second Wind			[X] Vanishing Blade
			[X] Sword of Sigils		
			[X] Armathor's Step
			[ ] Arcane Mutterings

[ ] Amulet of Life
Passives
Rose King's Shield: Once per turn gain THP when hitting an enemy with Booming Blade.
White Lotus Riposte: If an enemy I have hit with an arcane at-will attacks me they take 4 damage.

Ongoing
Vanishing Blade: Until the end of the encounter, whenever I hit with a melee attack I can teleport 3 squares as a free action.
Invisible UEOMNT

Support Persona: Valkyrie (Strength)
Cleave (vs AC. Melee. Deals 1d8+1 Physical Damage to one target.)
Sukukaja (Range 5, Ally or Self. Ally gains Melee Evasion against Next Attack. Against next Melee, Enemy rolls twice and uses weaker roll.)
Weakness: Fire

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Akio

Saturday Morning

Akio groans audibly and waves dismissively over his back at the door. Why couldn't she just leave him be? He didn't want or need her help. He's got an alarm to wake him up, like he's told her again and again. In fact he's been lying in bed staring at it for the last 93 minutes while sleep kept eluding him, too nervous at the thought of starting at a new school to relax.

...No use in delaying the inevitable any longer. Akio sits up, rubs his eyes and yawns heavily, then staggers off to the bathroom to splash his face with freezing water. He looks at the sleepy face in the mirror and sighs. He needed coffee. No avoiding the breakfast table then. He finishes cleaning up, gets dressed, grabs the bag he already packed yesterday and walks downstairs, planning to head to school as soon as he's endured breakfast.

[X] Go to School early

Ambrose

Etemenanki

Ambrose blinks to the side, catching the Red Cap off guard and cuts him down with one well aimed strike. Red Crown brings down his massive fists again but Ambrose teleports behind him, avoiding the attack with ease. His spellblade flashes as he thrusts at the nearby Red Cap and as he hits a charge of arcane energy spreads through the air. The invisible sphere of warding magic protecting Ambrose from harm turns visible as the charge washes over it, surrounding him in a transparent silvery bubble ready to blunt any attacks that get through his defenses.

Move: Fey Step: Teleport to C17. Eladrin Swordmage Advance: I can make a melee basic attack against an adjacent enemy as a free action.
Free:Melee Basic Attack vs Red Cap (C18) AC: 3d20k1+13+2 30, hit! 1d8+6 13 Damage. Red Cap is slain.
Vanishing Blade: Teleport to B14 as a free action.
Minor: Aegis of Shielding: Red Crown is Marked for the forseeable future.
Standard: Booming Blade vs Red Cap (C14) AC: 3d20k1+13+2 31, hit! 1d8+6 8 Damage.
Booming Blade & White Lotus Riposte: If the Red Cap is adjacent to me at the start of its next turn and moves away during that turn, it takes 1d6+2 thunder damage. If the Red Cap attacks me before the start of my next turn, it takes 4 damage.
Rose King's Shield: I gain 10 THP
Invisibility fades.

pre:
Ambrose
HP: 60/60 (THP: 10)	AC:	24 	Passive Insight: 15
Surges: 9/10 (V: 15)	Fort:	16 	Passive Perception: 15

Sword Burst		[X] Fey Step			
			[X] Sword of Sigils		
			[X] Armathor's Step
			[ ] Arcane Mutterings

[ ] Amulet of Life
Passives

Ongoing
Vanishing Blade: Until the end of the encounter, whenever I hit with a melee attack I can teleport 3 squares as a free action.

Cleave (+8 vs AC. Melee. Deals 1d8+1 Physical Damage to one target.)
Sukukaja (Range 5, Ally or Self. Ally gains Melee Evasion against Next Attack. Against next Melee, Enemy rolls twice and uses weaker roll.)

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Akio

Saturday Morning - Naoki Academy grounds

Snowflake? Akio stops short and stares blankly at the tall guy. Not this poo poo again. "Hey, chill, alright? It's my first day here at Naoki, I wasn't aware that this was your spot. I'll just keep walking and we don't have to make a big deal out of this yeah?"

He catches the bullies starting at his bag. Looks like they weren't going to just let him leave. God dammit. "You guys often come here way before school starts? Must be very diligent in your scholarly duties. Top of your class I take it? " He tightens his grip on his bag until his knuckles are bone white. "Or maybe you're just afraid mommy is going to catch you smoking? I'm not gonna hand over my stuff freely. Beat me up if you want, I don't care. Of course, if a teacher happens to walk by you'll be in deep poo poo. You ready to risk it?"

Diplomacy: 1d20+2 4

Ambrose

Etemenanki

[Whisper-Charlotte]: "Then let's not disappoint."

Ambrose's spellblade begins to glow white hot and he points it upward, projecting a pillar of light into the sky. The light intensifies as a rapid stream of silver metal droplets shoots out of the blade, travelling in a high arc towards the nearby cluster of bolters. They soon begin to rain down with blazing fury, giving the massive frog boss a good licking in the process.

He notices Charlotte's debuff and quickly places his mark on Bael'waag. Looks like they needed to tank swap? Unless it's some sort of soft enrage. Better to spread out the incoming damage either way.

He takes a look around him. Shouldn't Bishop be calling the shots? gently caress it, no time. "Ranged DPS, get those bolter adds down quick. Melee, focus the boss. Leaders, stay reactive until we know how this guy directs his damage output."

Standard: Argent Rain (Area Burst 1 centered on -E6) vs Bael'waag, 2x Bolters Reflex: 3#3d20k1+10 26, hit. 19, miss. 30, crit! 1d10+6 Bael'waag takes 16 fire damage. One of the bolters takes 27 fire damage from the critical hit.
Argent Rain: The burst creates a zone that lasts until the start of my next turn. Any creature that enters the zone or ends its turn there takes 5 fire damage.
Minor: Aegis of Shielding: Bael'waag is Marked.

pre:
Ambrose
HP: 46/60 (THP: 0)	AC:	24 	Passive Insight: 15
Surges: 9/10 (V: 15)	Fort:	16 	Passive Perception: 15

Booming Blade		[X] Argent Rain			[ ] Shielding Fire
			[X] Sword of Sigils		
			[X] Armathor's Step
			[ ] Arcane Mutterings

[ ] Amulet of Life
Passives

Ongoing

Sockerbagarn fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Dec 22, 2016

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Doomykins posted:

(Akio!!! You edited your post ONE MINUTE before I hit Post! :negative:)
(You should've known what you got yourself into when you invited the fastest postoleiro in the west to your elfgame, amigo. :clint: Ok, maybe nobody calls me that. Either way, new post has been seamlessly edited in! With an attitude!)

Akio

Saturday Morning - Magic Tree?

"Yeah, the scenery is nice here. I'm Akio."

Akio wasn't sure what to make of Kunio. Grateful that he saved him from getting his rear end kicked, sure, but he was always leery of bullies acting all nice and noble. The odd speech about magic and the beauty of nature threw him off even more. So it's no wonder he finds himself looking at the tree as if it's a trap that's about to snap shut on him as soon as he places his hand on the first branch. He needs to remind himself that it's just a loving tree with a bunch of scratches on it and that they can mess him up whether he's up in it or not, so what does he have to lose really?

"Alright." Akio gives Kunio a nod and approaches the tree. Time to get to know the beauty of nature...

Ambrose

Etemenanki

Ambrose clenches his teeth as the cleaver slams into him and brings him to an inch of his life. "Well, I don't see you getting through me yet, frog." Was it dumb to backtalk to an AI? Maybe. As long as the healers could keep it up it would be fine, but the bolter numbers were quickly getting out of hand. They spawned just as Bael'waag switched target, maybe that's the trigger? So much for tank swapping...

There's a brief flash of distress in Ambrose's otherwise cool and calculating eyes as Bael'waag effortlessly shrugs off Charlotte's high level Swordmage power. If she's having trouble then what does that mean for his chances? He makes another attack fully expecting it to get deflected, but instead scores a solid hit! Huh, lucky.

"Ranged, keep focusing those bolters down, with any luck there won't spawn any more. Any melee that can safely disengage from Bael'waag to strike one, do it."

Argent Rain zone of effect ends.
Standard: Booming Blade vs Bael'waag AC: 1d20+13 32, hit! 1d8+6 13 damage.
Rose King's Shield: I gain 5 THP.
Booming Blade & White Lotus Riposte: If Bael'waag is adjacent to me at the start of his next turn and moves away, he takes 1d6+2 thunder damage. If Bael'waag attacks me before the start of my next turn, he takes 4 damage.

pre:
Ambrose
HP: 50/60 (THP: 5)	AC:	24 (-8)	Passive Insight: 15
Surges: 7/10 (V: 15)	Fort:	16 (-8)	Passive Perception: 15
Initiative: +4		Ref:	18 (-8)	Vision: Low-light Vision
Speed: 6		Will:	19 (-8)	Action Points: 0

Booming Blade		[X] Argent Rain			[ ] Shielding Fire
			[X] Sword of Sigils		
			[X] Armathor's Step
			[ ] Arcane Mutterings

[ ] Amulet of Life
Passives

Ongoing
Mark of Bael'waag x2: -8 to all defenses.

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Akio

Saturday Morning - Magic Tree!

Oh... Of course. The true beauty of nature. Kunio's cryptic words all made perfect sense now, not that Akio's thoughts lingered on them for very long, faced with the tantalizing view right in front of him... Oh this was just wrong. He could feel his face turning crimson. The embarrassment he felt was well beyond any he had experienced in a very long time, he really needed to avert his eyes from the captivating beauty's... shapely... shapes...

Ack! Enough! Akio snaps himself out of his mesmerized state and clumsily begins scrambling down the tree in a way that's more akin to falling than climbing down and soon finds himself back in the presence of the pervert sage and his brutish disciples.

Edit: Stealth: 1d20+4 16

A man's trust? Great. Just the sort of person he wanted to get involved with right out of the gate. "Uh, yeah. I suppose we share a secret now." And judging by the extensive wear on the tree, a time-honored Naoki tradition.

"Well, I better get going. I still haven't figured out where my homeroom is."

Ambrose

Etemenanki

Ambrose scowls past Bael'waag as the boss starts to turn to face the sudden third tank. What's that clown up to? KB? Who gives a poo poo about that, this was a team effort. And not just any team either, it was ORDER. He's going to be so pissed if Weasel's stunt ruins his chances to get in. Akio keys up and tells him off. "Stop screwing around, weasel-guy. You're messing up the execution. If you try to mark him again I'll make sure to deny your KB."

A bright blue flame erupts around Ambrose's spellblade as he turns his attention back to the giant frog. With Charlotte at his side ready to defend him he need not fear Bael'waag's punishing blows any longer. Time to land the big mark. He slashes with his blade through the air, launching the bright blue flame of burning ice straight at Bael'waag, chilling him to the core. As it washes over him the frozen fire persists and forms a circle around the beast, making it abundantly clear that attacking anyone but Ambrose was a terrible idea. But Ambrose is not done yet. "Persona!" he calls out, summoning Valkyrie who leaps at the frog with her swords held high and sticks them deep into the bulbous flesh of Bael'waag. Certainly not as impressive as Charlotte's move, but there was no way he could compete with that.

Bael'waag takes 4 damage on his turn from attacking me.
Standard: Swordmage Shielding Fire vs Bael'waag Fortitude: 1d20+10+2 15, hits. 2d10+4 18*120% = 22 Ice damage!
Shielding Fire: Bael'waag is Marked until the end of the encounter. Whenever I use Aegis of Shielding to reduce the damage he deals he takes fire (ice?) damage equal to the damage prevented.
Fortune: Cleave (Valkyrie) vs Bael'waag AC: 1d20+8+2 30, crit! 1d8+1 9*120% 11 Ice damage!
If Weasel tries to mark again I'd like to cast Dimensional Vortex on him to stick him next to the bolters at -F0 if possible. It's not something that can usually be cast on allies though, but gently caress that guy.

pre:
Ambrose
HP: 41/60 (THP: 0)	AC:	24 (-8)	Passive Insight: 15
Surges: 7/10 (V: 15)	Fort:	16 (-8)	Passive Perception: 15
Initiative: +4		Ref:	18 (-8)	Vision: Low-light Vision
Speed: 6		Will:	19 (-8)	Action Points: 0
Languages: Common, Elven		Fortune Points: 0

Booming Blade		[X] Argent Rain			[X] Shielding Fire
			[X] Sword of Sigils		
			[X] Armathor's Step
			[ ] Arcane Mutterings

[ ] Amulet of Life
Passives

Ongoing
Mark of Bael'waag x2: -8 to all defenses.

Sockerbagarn fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Dec 28, 2016

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Akio

Saturday Morning - Homeroom

Akio freezes in place just outside the classroom. What! That naked girl is in my class?! He breaks out in a cold sweat. Wait. No! I have to stop mentally associating the naked girl with the word naked or I'll end up blurting it out at the worst possible time, and judging by naked girl's naked muscles I'd be a goner for sure... Nooo, I just did it three more times! Well, that's it then. I'm gonna die.

After taking a moment to gather up some courage Akio enters the room and sinks down at the closest unoccupied desk where he buries his head in his arms, contemplating his inevitable doom whilst waiting for class to start. He sits up when Mr. Matsubara arrives and after being introduced walks with dread-filled steps in front of the teacher's desk and turns to face the class. He'd already thought of what he should say ahead of time, of course, but the unexpected twists and turns of the morning had thrown him off balance, and his mind blanks. Furthemore, it takes like two seconds after he notices a certain someone's eyes on him before he starts blushing furiously right in front of everyone. Being the center of attention was the worst.

"H-hello, I'm Yamamura Akio. I grew up in central Kobe and only just moved out here. I haven't really settled in at my place yet but it seems pretty nake— uh, nice here so far." Great! Smooth! poo poo!

Ambrose

Etemenanki

Ambrose is down on one knee, his breath is ragged and the magical shield around him flickers weakly. That attack was brutal! But it had ultimately failed, he's not down and out yet! Invigorated by the healing spells he gets up on both feet and narrows his eyes at the ugly frog. Just a little while longer, he'd come too far to fail now.

Ambrose takes a step to the right to seek an opening in Bael'waag's defenses, and he finds it! He thrusts with his blade, inflicting some hurt but leaving himself dangerously open to retaliation while away from Charlotte's defensive umbrella. Before Bael'waag has a chance to capitalize, however, he blinks back to her side and gives her a nod.

[Whisper-Charlotte]: "I will follow your lead, but I'm sure I can hold him a for a moment longer if you require."

Using Amulet of Life to spend another healing surge, 36 HP recovered in total.
Move: Shift to -B6 to flank.
Standard: Booming Blade vs Bael'waag AC: 1d20+13+2 23, just hits! 1d8+6 7 damage.
Vanishing Blade: Teleport to -B3
Rose King's Shield: Gain 10 THP.

pre:
Ambrose
HP: 47/60 (THP: 10)	AC:	24 (-12)	Passive Insight: 15
Surges: 5/10 (V: 15)	Fort:	16 (-12)	Passive Perception: 15
Initiative: +4		Ref:	18 (-12)	Vision: Low-light Vision
Speed: 6		Will:	19 (-12)	Action Points: 0

Booming Blade		[X] Argent Rain			[X] Shielding Fire
			[X] Sword of Sigils		
Summoned Armor		[X] Dimensional Vortex		
			[X] Armathor's Step
			[ ] Arcane Mutterings

[X] Amulet of Life
Passives

Ongoing
Mark of Bael'waag x3: -12 to all defenses.

Social Stats
+0 Charm (Dex/Cha)	- *
+0 Courage (Str/Con)	- 
+0 Academics (Int/Wis)	- 

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Akio

Saturday Morning

Akio is pretty surprised that someone would approach and talk to him after his botched introduction, especially contrasted with that bubbly girl Itsumi's perfect delivery, but he tries to salvage whatever remains of his dignity and takes up the light-haired girl on her offer. "Sure, that'd be cool. I had this weird senior take me directly to class so I haven't seen much of Naoki yet." He looks off to the side, shrugs and scratches the back of his head. "So, uh, yeah. Should we go during lunch or after school?"

Lunchtime

Yep, sure was another school lunch alright. Were there really no empty tables? Akio sighs as he scans the area. Well, he wasn't gonna just stand there and starve. He takes a seat at the corner of a table that doesn't seem overly active and starts chowing down his lunch while busying himself with a thick book.

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Akio

Lunchtime

Upon hearing what sounds like someone talking about DDW Akio takes a peek over the cover of his book, spotting the approaching pair. He couldn't figure out what they wanted with him, but he thought he recognized one of them from his class. There had been a lot of new faces though...

Akio shuts the book around his finger and lowers it to his lap. "Hey. What's up?"

After School

Akio is mostly quiet during the tour, only really speaking up when someone talks to him directly. When they get to the barricaded door he walks up and helps get rid of the caution tape. "What's with this tape? Seems a bit over the top for your standard bullies. Maybe they wanted to scare off people so their victim would be stuck here until Monday." He scowls. "loving shitheads..."

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Akio

Lunchtime

"Oh, uh. Yeah. I mean no, to the last question? I'm just reading because I've got nothing better to do so sure, I'll join you for lunch. This table is pretty crowded though." Akio throws the book in his bag, grabs his stuff and his boxed lunch and gets up from his seat. "You guys play DDW I take it? Me too, though I haven't played it for very long. But it's really cool so far. How long have you been playing?"

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Akio

Lunchtime

"Me? Yeah, I tank as well. I play a Swordmage..."

Ambrose

Etemenanki

Hit it.

Ambrose's eyes shoot open wide in shock as Bael'waag's massive cleaver sinks into him. Standing frozen in front of the towering beast he can feel the warmth of his own blood dripping down his sword arm and splatter on the ground beneath him. His grip loosens on his weapon and bit by bit it slips out of his hand until it falls to the ground with a clatter, leaving him without any way to defend himself. All he can do is to stand and defiantly look up at the bullywog Prince as he trains his bolter on him with a wicked grin on his bulbous green face, preparing to deliver the coup de grace.

But... that's all he needed to do, wasn't it? He'd only fought side by side with Charlotte for a few minutes but he trusted her implicitly as a fellow tank. To worry about what would come next would be to spit in her face.

"My strength pitted against your strength? That's what you think this is? You keep making the same mistake over and over again..." Ambrose coughs weakly, spitting up blood. "You think that you can pick us off one at a time..." He wipes the blood from his mouth with the back of his hand, revealing a confident smirk on his lips a mere moment before his tanking partner interrupts the fatal blow and whisks Bael'waag away! "...when in truth, we're one and the same!" With a sudden burst of strength Ambrose rushes forward and blinks high into the air above Bael'waag as Charlotte pins him in place. As he comes crashing down towards the monstrous frog a swirl of blue magic surges from his left arm and materializes into his silver spellblade. He grips the longsword with both hands and drives it downward into the skull of Bael'waag.

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Akio

After School

There's still a trace left of the scowl on Akio's normally blank face and a sharpness to his eyes as he looks at Miho. "Miho, you wanna spend the rest of your time at Naoki in this dusty closet? It's not gonna end unless someone does something about it and you shouldn't have to suffer through this alone. Tsukiyo is your friend right? Listen to her and let us help. We don't have to go to the principal if you don't want to but at least tell us what's going on."

"Uh, I'm Akio by the way."

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Akio

Lunch

Akio perks up a bit, getting to talk about DDW. "Sure, I'd be up for grouping up sometime! I've played damage and support in other games before but I've come to realize that I like tanking the most. Standing side by side with another tank you've learned to rely upon, facing impossible odds together and keeping each other from breaking under the pressure. There's a special bond that I feel you miss out on playing other roles."

[Guess I'll fall victim to peer pressure and exchange contact details too!]

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Akio

After School

It was painful to see Miho like that before she brightened up, Akio knew what she was feeling all too well... She was really lucky to have someone like Tsukiyo call her friend, she had a good heart.

"Manami, huh..." Akio didn't know who Manami was of course, but a creepy girl with a big scar on her face who likes to get into fights? Shouldn't be too hard to figure out who that is. Not that he knew what exactly to do about someone like her, just talking to her probably wouldn't be enough. There had to be some way to get to her though, maybe he could do some research.

"Hey Miho, Tsukiyo. I know it's none of my business but I'd like to help too if that's alright. I can't stand bullies."

Student Council Meeting

Akio follows along with the others to the Student Council meeting, not that he had any true interest in it. Volunteering sounded like a pain, but it might be worth it for academic merit. He'd already missed almost a whole week of classes because of the move and he had to make sure to get top grades no matter what. So yeah, guess that's decided then.

Akio raises his hand. "I volunteer for helping out with the recruitment festival. Yamamura Akio."

Ambrose

Etemenanki

Ambrose stares off into the distance, deeper into Etemenanki, half ignoring all the people swarming him. Despite the apparent victory he felt a sense of unease. It was so odd, why had only Bael'waag's shadow died? The way he had spoken during the fight too, it had all seemed so personal. Sure wasn't like any of the raid boss encounters he'd watched videos of.

He tersely answers some of the questions the people crowding him are asking then pushes past them and walks up to the senior members of [ORDER]. He gives a deep bow. "It was a pleasure to be allowed on this trial run, and to be part of a world first kill. I hope my conduct was found satisfactory." His eyes drift to the glowing pillar of light surrounding Bael'waag's cleaver. A touchy subject, and he did not want to spoil his chances of securing a guild membership, but maybe he had impressed them enough to get something. Just a tiny little poke then. "Did he drop anything good?"

Sockerbagarn fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Jan 21, 2017

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Akio

After School

"Um, I'm Yamamura Akio. I thought I said so already..." Akio is a bit thrown off by Miho's question and his demeanor loses its severity. "I'm a classmate of Tsukiyo's. She was showing me and Itsumi there around Naoki since it's our first day here. That's when we found you... And there's really nothing brave about it, I'm just fed up with bullies who like to ruin others lives for no reason."

Saturday Night

When Akio finally gets home he heads straight to his room, shuts the door, puts on his headphones and sits down with a few textbooks to catch up on his studies. He can't help but smile to himself as he's jotting down some notes. His first day at school had been pretty good after all, maybe this year wouldn't be as bad as he first thought.

Sunday

Akio wakes up late in the morning after finally catching up on some overdue sleep and lazily stretches his arms while lying in his bed, yawning so heavily he almost unhinges his jaw. Ah, Sunday, glorious Sunday. What to do...

He sits up and looks around his room, at his pile of books and his PC. Hmm... Well, he could stay at home and endure Hanae's opressive presence all day, or he could do something that wasn't a total pain. After looking outside the window and noticing the pleasant April weather it was perhaps the easiest choice he's ever made.

Well outside the door Akio stops, looking a bit lost. He still had no idea what there was to actually do in the neighborhood, he pretty much only knew how to get to school and that's about it. He picks a direction at random and starts walking, deciding that taking a walk would be the best way to get acquainted with the area.

Ambrose

Etemenanki

Ambrose accepts Bishop's praise with a sincere bow. "My thanks. I've learned from the very best." As he rises he throws a glance at Charlotte and nods respectfully. He would not have come this far in such short time without her posts on class theory.

And then the subject suddenly changes to the heart of the matter, the true goal of his trip to Etemenanki. Guild membership in the elite Order of the Divine Way! Was it really within his grasp? He could feel butterflies flit around in his belly.

"Of course!" he replies eagerly, "There is no other guild I'd prefer to join."

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Akio

Sunday - Arcade

Akio has a silly smirk on his face as he stands at the entrance of the arcade, taking in the full sensory overload that was the atmosphere of the place. The myriad of technicolor lights flashing, the blaring cacophony of sound effects and music coming from the arcade cabinets, the faint scent of pungent nerd-sweat intermingling with undertones of greasy junk food and burnt circuitry in the surprisingly well-ventilated air. This place was amazing!

Okay! Where to begin? Fighting games? Maybe later, that scene has always been a bit too weird. Tetris? No, that one he should keep in the back pocket until the time was right. So what else... Akio's eyes land on the dance platform game in the center of the room. That's weird, how come it's empty? That game is usually really crowded! Well, there's no better game to get yourself warmed up!

Akio walks up to the platform with a confident swagger and steps up on the pad and begins browsing through the songs. "Easy, easy, all too easy. Where have they hidden the songs that aren't for babies? Ah, that's better." He finds the fastest, most difficult song in the game and hits go. Time to show who owns this place.

DDR!: 1d20+12 F-f-fumble!

The first arrow comes flying at the top of the screen at a blinding speed but Akio sees it coming from a mile away and he brings his foot down on the pad in perfect sync. He could feel the rhythm of the song blend with his very soul in perfect harmony, he was one with the game. Angels would cry at his flawless performance. The tale would be told for hundreds of years, this is how legends are born. This may just be the one moment his entire life was- OH GOD WHY IS THERE ABSOLUTELY NO FRICTION ON THE DANCE PAD!

His foot shoots out from under him and he slams into the safety bar behind him with such force that he rebounds off it, throwing him straight into the game cabinet, face first! Suddenly he's on the ground and his entire world is pain. He covers his aching face with his hands and groans audibly. "Whyyy..." A solid minute passes before he pulls his hands from his face to take a look at the cold and unfair world he lived in through his now tear-filled eyes. Yep, that was definitely blood. Why the hell wouldn't they put up a warning sign... Oh. There it is. He must've walked right past it. Slippery when wet. Yep. Maybe he should just stay on this floor for the rest of the day...

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Akio

Sunday - Arcade

"Maybe staying dead wouldn't be so bad... At least the constant flow of embarrassments would stop..." Akio sighs and reluctantly takes the offered hand and picks himself off the floor. "Ow, my knee hurts. Thanks."

"Fighting witches, hmm?" He had a pretty good idea of which game Kane was talking about. Of all the games to challenge the dreaded 'Black Mage of Kobe' himself to... "Sure, why not, lead the way. Name's Akio by the way."

Well in front of the game machine Akio does some quick finger exercises to loosen them up. His face still ached but at least his hands had been spared. He leans to the side and nods to Kane on the other machine as the character select screen pops up. "Good luck. Felix faces the winner?" He returns to his screen and selects the tiny little witch with the large black hat, known for her quick movement speed and devastating magical combo attacks. Hubris may have already struck him down once today, but if Kane or Felix managed to land a single hit he would be seriously impressed. His face splits into a predatory grin. This was going to be a slaughter.

Round 2. Fight!: 1d20+18 Natural 20! 38!

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Akio

Sunday - Arcade

"You're pretty drat good Felix, there were several times I thought for sure you had me." Akio grins, standing outside the arcade with the others in the gentle spring evening just before they're about to part ways. His grin turns into an apologetic smile as he looks to Kane. "Uh, you did alright too Kane... Maybe it'd help if you got some practice with the witches that aren't just about brute force? Still, thanks for helping me out, I appreciate it. I was about to write this day off and head home but instead I had a lot of fun."

"Um, I'll catch you guys at school. See ya!"

Sunday - Night

So the orders had finally come in from Isabelle. He had to spy on some guild called the Red Panda Appreciation Society. Akio had looked it up and it seemed to be a newbie friendly sorta casual guild. Why [ORDER] would be worried about them he had no clue. Nothing about the entire deal made any sense to him, it was gonna be a long month. One thing had stuck out to him when he looked into the guild, however. Takashi from his class was in it. It felt pretty skeevy to have to spy on someone he'd just met in real life, but he'd already agreed to do it. Maybe there wouldn't be much to report anyway.

He writes up an in-game mail and sends it, with some reluctance, to .attak. "Hey, it's Akio from school. I see you're in [Ailuridae], is it a nice guild? I've been looking to join one for a while but there are so many to choose from. Are there any officers online I can talk to about joining up?"

That felt pretty disgusting. Hopefully it'd be the last time he'd have to do something like that.

Sunday - Overnight

Akio slowly sips his tea, curiously watching his reflection in the cup. It felt odd to be here as himself, how had that happened? "Me, make it big? Not really, I only do what is required of me..." The reflection blurs as ripples move across the surface of the tea. "Oh, I see." Akio puts the cup down, realization dawning on his face. "You're talking about the other me who is usually in this world aren't you?"

His brow furrows in contemplation as he looks down at the cards. Something about the atmosphere put him in a pensive and mystical mood. "I'm familiar with the major arcana, but who am I meant to pick the card for? Me or me? The chasm between us is so vast... I would never even think of picking the World you offer me, but I would snatch it up without hesitation every single time. So which one is the true me?"

"On almost any other day that would've been a simple question. I would've reached for the deck and drawn the Hermit, because I would've been sure I was the real one and not the one you confused me with. But earlier today, at the arcade, and other times too now that I think about it... It felt like we bled together into one. Even 'just' being here makes me question my perception of myself. Maybe I've been thinking of this the wrong way. Can we really be different when we are the same, just viewed through a different lens?"

Akio hesitates, but eventually makes up his mind and reaches for the World and plucks it off the table. "In the World lies completeness and perfection. Maybe an odd choice for someone who feels as fractured as I do, but if I'm allowed to dream I'd like to think I'll find it at the end of the path I walk, winding and treacherous as it may be. If I manage to reach it who is to deny me the success that I've earned? And should I stumble and get lost along the way..." He turns the card upside down. "At least I'll find a familiar place where I belong in the depths of Tartarus."

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Akio

Sunday - Afternoon

Akio was hoping that his mission would start making sense when he contacted the officers of [Ailuridae], expecting to face a cabal of sinister masterminds or something. But instead they turned out to be total goofballs! A bit bloodthirsty for PvP maybe but they still seemed pretty harmless... Was the Order just trolling him or what? Sending him to some random guild on a secret mission just to get rid of him? Or maybe this was a hazing ritual? He could picture them laughing at their "spy's" latest report about another night spent wiping on some trivial encounter with his target guild... No, Charlotte wouldn't do that sort of thing to him would she? He had already proven his worth. Something about the Red Panda Appreciation Society posed a threat to [ORDER], all he had to do was uncover it. Maybe it was connected with those bad news that Takashi mentioned?

Eh, not much point in getting carried away with speculations at this point. First step, join the guild. At least whatever trial they had in store for him was going to be a walk in the park after Etemenanki.

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Akio

Arcana: 3#1d20+18 22 35 22

"But I don't know anything about what kind of stuff Hanae likes..." Akio protests yet accepts the money anyway. It's not like he could very well say no when asked for a favor by his father, no matter how much he'd rather not have to do it. "Yes dad, I'll do my best to find her a present I guess..." He decides he might as well get it over with right away and puts on his boots and opens the door outside. "I'll try to make it home for dinner. Bye for now."

After shutting the door behind him Akio lets out a heavy sigh. This sucked. He couldn't care less about Hanae's birthday, or doing something nice for her in general actually. How old even was she anyway? And what on earth should he buy her? As he arrives at the local shopping district he's yet to find any clarity to his thoughts. He settles for wandering the streets hoping that the perfect gift would just suddenly materialize in front of his nose or something.

Gift Shopping (Streetwise): 1d20+2 7

As for the remainder of the week Akio spends his time studying at the school library (it just felt awkward being home too much at the moment) and when done with his own studies he takes some time helping out others with theirs. Every night before heading to bed he spends a couple hours playing DDW, sporadically grinding some gold since he was pretty low. He's not sure what to make of the cute world bear support persona he finds waiting for him ingame. What the hell was with that odd dream he had a few nights ago?!

Grinding for gold: 1d8*100 200
Training Academics(x1) and Charm(x1).

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Akio

"Karate? Hmm, I don't know..." Akio scratches the back of his head anxiously. "I've never really been into in that stuff. Besides, you're just trying to get me to join so you can finally best me at something aren't you?" He laughs. "But you're right, I should start doing some sort of activity again. I used to do a bunch of stuff after school before my... I moved here. I had to go to one form of practice or another pretty much every day. It was a pain to be honest, but now I kinda miss it. Closest I ever got to martial arts was archery though, and that's not what I'd call close. Since it's ranged? Ha ha? Ugh. Anyway... I'll think about it."

pre:
Social Stats
+1 Charm     (Dex/Cha)	— ** RANK UP!
+0 Courage   (Str/Con)	— 
+1 Academics (Int/Wis)	— ** RANK UP!

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Akio

"A man of class?" Kane's accusation catches Akio completely off guard. "What? Hey! No! It's not like that! I barely even knew there was an archery club to begin with, let alone it being full of girls. I hadn't planned... I just thought..." His cheeks turn red as his protests fade into silence, only to grow even redder when he realizes Madoka was listening in on the conversation.

Shrimp? Ouch. Well, his skin tone did fit the description for the moment... "Oh, thanks for the, uh, advice? A-are you in the karate club too?" She was, wasn't she. Great, so she's even deadlier than he first thought. If she ever learns what happened on his first day at Naoki... Actually, thinking about it, maybe getting his still beating heart ripped out of his chest in the karate club would be better than a slow agonizing social death in the archery club... What a nightmare!

---

...What the gently caress! Akio watches in disbelief as Felix checks the glass coffin in front of him. It takes a moment for him to realize it wasn't just Kane that was encased in one, but Madoka too, and several others. Those creepy coffins were all over the room, and the room itself was ruined. "This is way too extreme to be some sort of hazing. This is unreal. Did the lightning do this? How..." He looks closer at Kane's coffin, trying to see through the thick glass but can't really tell anything new. "He's not moving... Maybe they're just like frozen in stasis? There's no way they're all..." dead.

"Look, we can't just stand around doing nothing. I'm calling the rescue services. I hope the storm hasn't knocked out phone masts..." Akio takes out his phone and checks the signal.

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Akio

Shrimp and now short guy? Isn't she the one that's freakishly tall?! "Yeah, yeah, I'll think about it." But in truth, he feels like he's already made up his mind. The bigger they are, the harder they fall. How difficult could it be to master karate anyway?

---

Akio stares blankly at his phone for a while, trying as hard as he can to come up with a perfectly rational explanation for everything that's happening. But there is none to be found. He's at school. He's Akio. He's also receiving buffs from his friend Felix who is acting as a DDW overseer for the party??? The last time he had a vivid dream he remembered going to bed before, but he can't recall doing so this time. This is... Real? A game? Both? Itsumi's yell from the room over makes him realize that the distinction hardly matters at the moment.

"OK, Felix, let us know if something happens. Stay safe! Hey, Itsumi, Tsukiyo, wait!" Akio rushes after the two, entering the room behind them only to see... Is that a monster?! He follows Itsumi's lead and begins yelling at it. "Yeah, get away from that person you little poo poo! What are you doing to them?" And who is it? Akio attempts to make out the features of the person inside the glass coffin as they close in.

Move to -A13 I guess? Following Itsumi forward.
Perception: 1d20+5 22 Taking a closer look at the coffin to see who is in there.

Sockerbagarn fucked around with this message at 15:39 on May 31, 2017

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Akio

Akio grits his teeth and takes a step back from the creatures, his attempts to fend them off with his bare hands meeting minimal success. Okay, barging in here and picking a fight with these ugly fishes might not have been the best idea he's had in a while, but he couldn't very well leg it now that Itsumi was stuck in the thick of it. Still, the situation was looking dire! If only they had some way to actually fight back... And that's when it all starts to happen. Akio watches in stunned silence as avatar after avatar enters the fray... His pocket starts buzzing and he reflexively pulls out his phone.

"I am thou... And thou art I... With grace and excellence walk thine path. The precipice above all awaits."

Akio gives one serious nod, and then with utter confidence calls out the one word he simply knew to say.

"Persona!"

A pillar of bright silver light shines down on the ground next to Akio, and from it emerges Ambrose in a grandiose cascade of white rose petals. He casually balances the tip of his sword on the ground as he regards their insignificant foes with a haughty look, petals still swirling softly around him. Then, with a sudden flash, both him and Akio blink out of existence, reappearing in the middle of a large group of the gossips. In one motion Ambrose lifts his spellblade and slashes in a wide horizontal arc, leaving a red afterimage in its wake as the blade carves through air and monster with equal ease. Arcane seals appear above the foes that were hit, a demand to focus their attention on him... Or suffer the consequences.

Minor: Aegis of Shielding: Gossiper (-A15) is marked.
Move: Armathor's Step: Teleport to -E13. +2 to my next attack rolls against adjacent enemies.
Standard: Sword of Sigils vs AC (Gossiper -E12, -E14, -D13): 3#1d20+13+2 21 hit! 20 hit! 24 hit! 1d8+6+1 12 damage. Targets are marked UEOMNT. Targets take 4 force damage if they violate the mark.
Interrupt: Will either use Shield (+4 to all defenses) if it would save me from getting hit or Aegis of Shielding if -A15 scores a hit on someone else.

pre:
Ambrose
HP: 60/60 (THP: 0)	AC:	25	Passive Insight: 15
Surges: 10/10 (V: 17)	Fort:	17	Passive Perception: 15
Speed: 6		Will:	20	Action Points: 0

[X] Sword of Sigils		
			[X] Armathor's Step
			[ ] Arcane Mutterings

[ ] Amulet of Life
Passives

Ongoing

Magic Items
Bladed Bolter Bandolier: Waist. +1 AC, +1 Fortitude.
	[ ] Daily(Free Action): Spawn a Cruel Lord Bolter within Range 5.

Support Persona: Kuru (World)
Mamagnara (+9 vs Reflex. Close Burst 1. Deals 1d6+2 Acid Damage to all enemies and applies -2 AC/Fort UEONT.)
Bear Hug (+9 vs Fortitude. Deals 3 Physical Damage and Roots target USOMNT)
Weakness: Thunder, Lightning

Social Stats
+1 Charm     (Dex/Cha)	— 
+0 Courage   (Str/Con)	— 
+1 Academics (Int/Wis)	— 

Soul Shell
  • Devil: +1 Damage Done.
  • Empress: +1 Will Defense.
  • Temperance: Flanking/Assist Other increased to +3.
  • Priestess: Surge Value +2.

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Akio / Ambrose

Akio winces in pain as the disgusting fish chomp down on him with their serrated teeth, though it doesn't hurt quite as bad as he thought it would, probably thanks to Itsumi's help. "I think we better start taking these guys seriously. Ambrose!" The silver blade of his avatar begins vibrating with power and with one precise slash the gossiper is knocked off his shoulder and sent spinning through the air.

"Alright, time to teach these jerks some manners. Hit it!" Akio's form fades as he teleports out of the pile gossipers surrounding him, appearing in the air a couple meters above Tsukiyo. As he falls down Ambrose appears in front of him, thrusting his sword down at the nearby gossiper and pins it to the ground where it bursts with a meaty pop. When the tip of the spellblade strikes the floor it makes a sharp ringing sound as a wave of bright silver light radiates outward from it, searing the nearby gossipers and slaying most of them outright. Faint silver particles are left suspended in the air in the wake of the radiant energy, sticking to the members of the party and warding them from harm. A transparent solid sphere appears around Akio as he lands on the floor. "And that's what you get for talking poo poo!"

Standard: Booming Blade vs Gossiper -E14 AC: 1d20+13 29, hit. 1d8+6+1 11 damage.
Move: Fey Step: Teleport to -B15. Eladrin Swordmage Advance: MBA as free action.
Free: Melee Basic Attack vs Gossiper -A16 AC: 1d20+13 33, crit! 15+(2d6=5) 20 damage. Gossiper -A16 is slain!
Fate: Rune of the Undeniable Dawn vs AC (Gossiper -E14, -D12, -D13, -A17, -A18, A14): 6#1d20+12 26, hit. 32, crit! 22, hit. 17, hit. 17, hit. 25, hit. 1d8+6+1 14 radiant damage. Gossiper -D12 was crit and takes 23 radiant damage. Gossiper -E14, -D12, -D13 and -A17 are slain!
Rune of the Undeniable Dawn: Creates a close burst 3 zone centered on -B15, which provides a +2 power bonus to all defenses for me and my allies. At the moment everyone but Itsumi should be encompassed in this zone. Lasts until EOMNT, sustain minor.
Minor: Shift my mark to A14, which is now the only enemy marked by me.

pre:
HP: 51/60 (THP: 10)	AC:	25	Passive Insight: 15
Speed: 6		Will:	20	Action Points: 1
Languages: Common, Elven		Fortune Points: 2

Sword Burst		[ ] Fey Step			[X] Rune of the Undeniable Dawn (Fate)
			[X] Sword of Sigils		
			[X] Armathor's Step
			[ ] Arcane Mutterings

Passives

Ongoing

Magic Items
[ ] Bladed Bolter Bandolier. Waist. +1 AC, +1 Fortitude. (Daily, Free Action): Spawn a Bolter within Range 5.
[ ] Amulet of Life +1 (Encounter)

Mamagnara (+9 vs Reflex. Close Burst 1. Deals 1d6+2 Acid Damage to all enemies and applies -2 AC/Fort UEONT.)
Bear Hug (+9 vs Fortitude. Melee. Deals 3 Physical Damage and Roots target USOMNT)

Social Stats
+1 Charm     (Dex/Cha)	— 
+0 Courage   (Str/Con)	— 
+1 Academics (Int/Wis)	— 

SoulShell

Sockerbagarn fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Jun 3, 2017

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Akio / Ambrose

"Woah, Tsukiyo, watch out!" The loud crash distracts Akio for a split second but he notices the spherical shield around him flicker as a gossiper tries to chew through it. "Hey, stop that!" He smacks it away to get some space, then summons his new support persona Kuru. The short world bear raises its arms in the air and sends out a ring of acid, striking the nearby gossipers. Ambrose follows up with an overhead slash and the ugly fish are no more.

As soon as he's in the clear Akio rushes up to Itsumi and Takashi to cover them as best he can. He breathes a sigh of relief as he looks down the hole and finds that it wasn't as large of a drop as he first thought and that Tsukiyo was still standing.

Interrupt: Dimensional Vortex vs Gossiper (-D21) Will: 1d20+10 15, miss. Oh well, it's not like it got through Itsumi's temp hp anyway.
Fortune: Mamagnara vs Reflex (Gossiper -C15, -A15): 1d20+10 28, hit. 23, hit. 1d6+2 7 Acid Damage. -A15 dies, -C15 gets -2 AC/Fort UEOMNT.
Standard: Booming Blade vs Gossiper (-C15) AC: 1d20+13 20, hit. 1d8+6+1 12 damage. Gossiper (-C15) is executed.
Move: Walk to -B20
Minor: Mark Gossiper (-D21)
Rune of the Undeniable Dawn: Not sustained, protective zone fades.

pre:
HP: 51/60 (THP: 10)	AC:	25	Passive Insight: 15

Sword Burst		[X] Fey Step			[X] Rune of the Undeniable Dawn (Fate)
			[X] Sword of Sigils		
			[X] Armathor's Step
			[ ] Arcane Mutterings

Passives

Ongoing

Magic Items
[ ] Bladed Bolter Bandolier. Waist. +1 AC, +1 Fortitude. (Daily, Free Action): Spawn a Bolter within Range 5.

Mamagnara (+10 vs Reflex. Close Burst 1. Deals 1d6+2 Acid Damage to all enemies and applies -2 AC/Fort UEONT.)
Bear Hug (+10 vs Fortitude. Melee. Deals 3 Physical Damage and Roots target USOMNT)

Social Stats
+1 Charm     (Dex/Cha)	— 
+0 Courage   (Str/Con)	— 
+1 Academics (Int/Wis)	— 

SoulShell

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Akio

"Uh, I don't have any power that could fuse the desks together either, but doesn't that seem a bit overkill? I mean, we could just gather up a bunch of chairs and desks, stack them up and build a bridge to cross the gap. We just cleared out a classroom so we have lots of material to work with." Akio moves up to the gap and gives it a closer look. "Hmm. Yeah, it's kinda far but I think I should be able to bridge it. Worth a shot at least." He dashes off to the other side of the room and picks up a few chairs. "If you guys give me a hand moving everything that isn't nailed down over to the gap I'll start putting it together. We have to hurry and get over there in case senpai and the others are in trouble!"

Dungeoneering: 1d20+10 29 To build the bridge. Making use of the update to dungeoneering, practical knowledge of architecture seems applicable? Akio has made some baller pillow forts in his days so this should be a breeze.

I've already got a sweet belt, so I'll pass on the loot.

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Akio

Akio stares out into the abyss and shakes his head slowly. "This place is seriously messed up, and I don't just mean in the sense that it's torn apart..."

He walks up to the second door to the eastern classroom and a sense of alarm strikes him. Was that blood on the floor?! "Hey, we might have something here! I'm gonna take a look, someone might be hurt."

Walking up to G-21, opening the door and looking into the room.

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Akio

"Real? Of course we're real, even the unreal is real here! Don't you recognize us?" Akio frowns. If it had just been him there he wouldn't have asked, but it seemed odd that she wouldn't recognize someone as outgoing as Itsumi. "I'm Yamamura Akio, she's Kasaya Itsumi and we're with three—" Akio's voice cuts short as the nearby door begins to open. The door leading to the same room Hattori-senpai had been pointing her box-cutter at... Uh, when she had asked for their names, could she have meant... poo poo!

With no time to explain Akio grabs Itsumi's wrist and tries to pull her into the classroom with him as he urgently whispers into his phone. "Everyone, quick, hide or something! I don't think that's a normal person coming out of the other classroom!"

Trying to quickly get into the classroom, but if Itsumi doesn't follow I guess I'm staying put!

Sockerbagarn fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Jun 13, 2017

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Akio / Ambrose

Akio cringes at Akane's introduction of him to her sister. "C'mon, I didn't break my nose... I just tripped a little and, uh, bled profusely all over the place... A-Anyway, that's not important!" He turns to the older sister. "Playing heroes or no, I'm not leaving others to get eaten. Look, I don't know how to explain it, but some sort of power awakened within us when we got into danger. We can fight back! If there are others in danger we have to save them, or at least give it our best shot."

And that's about when he notices the commotion out in the hall. "That doesn't sound good." Akio turns around and bursts out of the door, spots Takashi and... Holy poo poo. He gives Takashi a nod and rushes across the narrow platform over to assist Noriko. Mid stride he taps his phone and summons forth Ambrose to mark the beast. When he reaches Noriko he moves past her and places his hand on the coffin to transport it to safety. "Sorry for barging in! I can teleport to get out of this mess, flee if you can!"

Standard & Move: Double move to Q-15 (Exit door to G-20, move SE and jump from G-17 to L-15, then move south, zig-zagging to avoid any threatened squares if possible.)
Minor: Mark left tentacle? (Unless the monster counts as one entity, in which case just mark all of it.)
Free: Touch coffin and send it back to Felix.

pre:
HP: 51/60 (THP: 0)	AC:	25	Passive Insight: 15

[ ] Sword of Sigils		
			[ ] Armathor's Step
			[ ] Arcane Mutterings

Passives

Ongoing

Magic Items

Mamagnara (+10 vs Reflex. Close Burst 1. Deals 1d6+2 Acid Damage to all enemies and applies -2 AC/Fort UEONT.)
Bear Hug (+10 vs Fortitude. Melee. Deals 3 Physical Damage and Roots target USOMNT)

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Akio / Ambrose

"What's the problem, got something in your eye?" Akio surprises himself with how easily he avoided the attacks and for a moment considers staying and taking the fight. But when his riposte throws him so far off balance that he almost takes a plunge into the abyss below he quickly reconsiders and teleports away without delay!

"I think the main body is in the classroom. Let's fight our way over there before we get swarmed!"

Standard: Booming Blade vs Left Tentacle AC: 1d20+13 14, big fat nope.
Minor: Move mark to right tentacle.
Move: Armathor's Step: Teleport to L-18

pre:
HP: 51/60 (THP: 0)	AC:	25	Passive Insight: 15

[ ] Sword of Sigils		
			[X] Armathor's Step
			[ ] Arcane Mutterings

Passives

Ongoing

Magic Items

Social Stats
+1 Charm     (Dex/Cha)	— 
+0 Courage   (Str/Con)	— 
+1 Academics (Int/Wis)	— 

SoulShell

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Akio / Ambrose

"Whatever, you dumb fish." Akio leaves the taunting monster in the dust as he dashes across the broken floor, heading closer to the classrooms. Coward? He was just advancing in the other direction! drat those things are annoying.

Since Noriko looked to have the problem under control in the closest classroom Akio keeps going further down the hall, rushing up to the remaining Young Lady. He looks at her with a scowl and shakes his head. "Just shut up already."

Ambrose steps in and neatly lops her head off with a well aimed slash.

Move: Walk to I-23.
Standard: Charge to H-29 Melee Basic Attack vs Young Lady (H-30): 1d20+13+1 30 vs AC, hit! Young Lady is killed.

pre:
HP: 51/60 (THP: 0)	AC:	25 (-2)	Passive Insight: 15
Surges: 10/10 (V: 17)	Fort:	17 (-2)	Passive Perception: 15
Initiative: +4		Ref:	18 (-2)	Vision: Low-light Vision
Speed: 6		Will:	20 (-2)	Action Points: 1

[ ] Sword of Sigils		
			[X] Armathor's Step
			[ ] Arcane Mutterings

Passives

Ongoing
-2 to All Defenses

Magic Items

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Akio / Ambrose

Akio moves up to the door and gets ready. Even in this place he could smell a boss battle coming from a mile away. For the moment at least he felt far more excited than terrified at the situation.

"Are you ready over there?" Akio asks over the phone, "I'm going in and I'll try to grab its attention. Hit it with everything you've got!"

He takes a step away from the door, gives Itsumi a nod - let's do this - and rushes into the darkness. He has yet to understand what the hell he's looking at as he launches his attack against it. A beam of bright white fire erupts from Ambrose's spellblade and strikes the monstrous figure hanging from the ceiling with a direct hit. The fire spreads around the large mass and lingers in the air around it, ready to burn it further should it make the wrong move.

"Are you the the one that's behind all this fuckery? We're here to make you pay."

Move: Enter door at F-26, Walk to B-28. (Unless I'd walk into a pit or something, I do have low-light vision.)
Standard: Swordmage Shielding Fire vs Something: 1d20+10 28 vs Fort, hit! 2d10+5 18 Fire Damage.
Aegis of Shielding Fire: Something is marked. This mark is not overwritten by nor does it overwrite any marks placed by my Aegis of Shielding power. In addition, whenever I reduce the damage the target deals using Aegis of Shielding, the target takes fire damage equal to the damage prevented.

pre:
HP: 51/60 (THP: 0)	AC:	25 	Passive Insight: 15
Surges: 10/10 (V: 17)	Fort:	17 	Passive Perception: 15
Initiative: +4		Ref:	18 	Vision: Low-light Vision
Speed: 6		Will:	20 	Action Points: 1

Booming Blade		[ ] Argent Rain			[X] Shielding Fire
			[ ] Sword of Sigils		
			[X] Armathor's Step
			[ ] Arcane Mutterings

Passives

Ongoing

Magic Items

Sockerbagarn fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Jun 22, 2017

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Akio / Ambrose

Akio grasps his head and howls in agony. That scream god drat hurt! He had tried to bring forth a dimensional portal to deflect the tentacle's brutal slam, but it had flickered and faded as he lost his concentration to the pain before it had any chance to do any good. The wet, warm sensation of blood running down his lips was unmistakable, and soon he could taste it on his tongue. The situation had turned into poo poo far quicker than he thought possible. Death suddenly seemed like a real possibility, but... Hell no!

He wipes his mouth with the back of his hand, smearing it red with blood, a look of grim determination on his face. "Fine! If you want it so badly, I'll give you everything I've got!"

He takes a deep breath and teleports. Forward, into the center of the room! He unleashes a whirlwind of sword cuts, cutting the girl shaped lumps of flesh into pieces and hacking into the nearby tentacle. The world bear persona steps in, lifts his tiny arms and splashes acid all over the remains.

Still a lot of targets left standing... But all he had to do was win some time for the rest of his friends to finish off the ugly bastard. He takes another breath and takes up a defensive stance.

Immediate Interrupt: Dimensional Vortex vs Tentacle: 1d20+10 16 vs Will, miss.
Current HP 12/60
Minor: Aegis of Shielding: Mark Gossiper (B-30).
Standard: Second Wind: Spending a surge, +17 hp, +2 to all defenses.
Amulet of Life: Spending another surge, +17 hp. New HP 46/60
Impending damage cleared.
Move: Fey Step: Teleport to -A-33
Fortune: Mamagnara VS Reflex (Young Lady -B-34, A-33, Tentacle A-32): 30, crit! 14, miss. 20, miss. Young Lady (-B-34) takes 7 acid damage and -2 to AC/Fort UEOMNT.
Action point!
Standard: Sword of Sigils vs AC (Young Lady -B-34, A-33, Tentacle A-32): 3#1d20+13 23, hit. 27, hit. 31, hit. 1d8+7 They each take 8 damage. Young Lady -B-34 dies.
Free: Eladrin Swordmage Advance vs Young Lady (A-33): 1d20+13 32, hit. 1d8+7 11 Damage. Young Lady (A-33) dies.
Sword of Sigils: Tentacle (-32 column) is Marked UEOMNT. In addition, if it violates my mark it takes 4 force damage.

To sum things up:
Young Ladies (-B-34) and (A-33) are dead. Tentacle (-32) took 8 damage.
Currently marked targets: Anxiety (Shielding Fire), Gossiper B-30 (Aegis of Shielding), Tentacle -32 (Sword of Sigils)

pre:
HP: 46/60 (THP: 0)	AC:	25 (+2)	Passive Insight: 15
Surges: 8/10 (V: 17)	Fort:	17 (+2)	Passive Perception: 15
Initiative: +4		Ref:	18 (+2)	Vision: Low-light Vision
Speed: 6		Will:	20 (+2)	Action Points: 0

Aegis of Shielding	[X] Second Wind			[ ] Vanishing Blade
			[X] Sword of Sigils		
			[X] Armathor's Step
			[ ] Arcane Mutterings

Passives

Ongoing
Second Wind: +2 to all defenses.

Magic Items
[X] Amulet of Life +1 (Encounter)

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Akio / Ambrose

As the gossiper tries to sink its teeth into Itsumi's wrist a faint translucent arcane barrier suddenly outlines her form, stopping its attack short and leaving her unharmed! Akio barely has time to smirk triumphantly when the gossiper behind him chomps down on him, hard. "Aaah!"

"I'm so sick of these fish. Kuru!"

The world bear appears and sends out a wave of acid, striking everything around Akio! Except for the fish... Noticing that the nearby tentacle is looking weak, he presses on his phone and Ambrose slashes the tentacle with his sword, severing the fleshy appendage! He then presses another icon, using the bandolier he got from Etemenanki, and summons one of the Cruel Lord's bolters. It immediately starts firing wildly at the Young Lady, but unfortunately fails to hit its mark.

"I think Itsumi has the right idea! Attacking it directly doesn't seem to do anything?"

Immediate Interrupt: Aegis of Shielding: Gossiper's damage to Itsumi is reduced by 7, she instead takes 0 damage.
Fortune: Mamagnara VS Reflex (Gossiper -B-34, Young Lady -A-34, Tentacle A-32): 3#1d20+10 12, miss. 28, hit! 24+3 Flanking, hit! 1d6+2+1 Young Lady (-A-34) and Tentacle (-32) take 6 acid damage and -2 to AC/Fort UEOMNT. (I rolled 1d6+2 on orokos but I forgot that I get +1 damage from my bonus to World arcana attacks.)
Standard: Booming Blade vs Tentacle (-32): 1d20+13+3 29 vs AC, hit! 1d8+7 12 Damage, Tentacle is slain!
Minor: Aegis of Shielding: Mark Young Lady (-A-34). Gossiper (B-30) is no longer marked.
Free: Bladed Bolter Bandolier: Spawn Bolter at B-32
Free: Bolter vs Young Lady (-A-34): 1d20+13 17 vs AC(18), just misses! See below.
Move->Minor: Aegis of Shielding: Mark Gossiper (-B-34)
Rose King's Shield: Gain 5 THP.

pre:
Cruel Lord Bolter
HP: 1/1 + 1/1, AC/F/R/W: 25/17/18/20
Attack: Range 8 against marked target. +13 vs AC, (1d8+6)/2 damage.
Can fire up to three times, once per round. Two shots remaining.
pre:
HP: 34/60 (THP: 5)	AC:	25 (+0)	Passive Insight: 15
Surges: 8/10 (V: 17)	Fort:	17 (+0)	Passive Perception: 15
Initiative: +4		Ref:	18 (+0)	Vision: Low-light Vision
Speed: 6		Will:	20 (+0)	Action Points: 0

Aegis of Shielding	[X] Second Wind			[ ] Vanishing Blade
			[X] Sword of Sigils		
			[X] Armathor's Step
			[ ] Arcane Mutterings

Passives

Ongoing
Rune of the Undeniable Dawn: +2 to all defenses.
Gossip: -2 to all defenses.

Magic Items
[X] Bladed Bolter Bandolier. Waist. +1 AC, +1 Fortitude. (Daily, Free Action): Spawn a Bolter within Range 5.
[X] Amulet of Life +1 (Encounter)

Mamagnara (+10 vs Reflex. Close Burst 1. Deals 1d6+3 Acid Damage to all enemies and applies -2 AC/Fort UEONT.)
Bear Hug (+10 vs Fortitude. Melee. Deals 4 Physical Damage and Roots target USOMNT)

Sockerbagarn fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Jun 29, 2017

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Akio

"Uh, right. Just a sec!" Akio gives Felix a look of sheer incredulity. "I don't know how she does it, but I think she'd manage to be bubbly at her own funeral!" He plucks out the cotton balls he'd stuffed up his nose earlier and makes sure the bleeding has stopped. "You okay with overseeing us a bit more, Felix? You were pretty clutch back there."

Not thinking much about it he discards the bloody bits of cotton on the floor, but cringes before they even hit the floor, as he can't help but imagine Takano's disapproving stare bore into the back of his head. He elects to not to turn around to see if it was not just his imagination, and instead sets off toward the stairs. "Coming!"

Spending 2 surges to heal up to full.

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Akio

Akio strides forward intently, his gaze focused on the winged shadow. "Shadow... I can see you." Odd, it's not his usual voice that speaks. It sounds a bit more like the distant, haughty voice of his persona, Ambrose. If the air in the room was to be considered chilly, his words were approaching absolute zero. "The rules this world is built upon are known to me, your defenses are laid bare, and you don't threaten me. Frankly, you are beneath us. We cleaned up the mess downstairs already, and you're next. Flee. Now."

"Or die!" He rushes forward to close the distance.

Triple run to M0
Arcane Mutterings: Intimidate (Arcana): 1d20+19 34

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Akio / Ambrose

"Nnngh!" Akio groans in pain as the thunder strikes him, his muscles violently contracting as lightning courses through his body. He only just manages to regain control of himself and catch the edge of the floor with one hand before he's cast into the gaping abyss below. He looks down in shock, and watches as a bead of sweat trickles off his brow and falls, quickly disappearing into the empty void... Holy poo poo, that was too close!

He turns his head up, grabs the ledge with his other hand and puts the surge of adrenaline he was feeling to use, pulling himself up with such force that he practically lands on both feet. He doesn't waste any time getting away from the gap, moving closer to the shadowy figure.

So the shadow claimed this wasn't a game? Akio definitely felt inclined to agree at the moment, but that couldn't be the entire truth... That static, he'd seen it before. Both when playing DDW in the past and now when they first were thrown into this place. Is it something that causes the worlds to bleed together? Without any facts it was a pointless train of thought, it's not like he could look into the... Wait, maybe he could?! No, that would be ridiculous... Right? Akio pulls out his phone and frantically starts fiddling with it, and to his relief he finds the app he was searching for still installed. He'd only briefly played around with it before and hadn't put in any serious time to learn it, but it was a custom program that some DDW theorycrafters use to evaluate game data, mining information that was kept hidden in the normal interface, so that they could improve their optimizations. It was a bit of a gray zone and most likely considered breach of the terms of service, but he definitely didn't give one poo poo about that right now!

He opens up the program, feeling doubtful about any chance of success... But then the screen spits out innumerable lines of code!

Save against being pushed off: Athletics: 1d20+9 11, Failure!
Move: Climb back up again: Athletics: 1d20+9 Natural 20! 29
Standard Move: Walk to H-1
Free: Arcana: 1d20+19 37

pre:
HP: 36/60 (THP: 0)	AC:	25 (+0)	Passive Insight: 15
Surges: 6/10 (V: 17)	Fort:	17 (+0)	Passive Perception: 15

[ ] Sword of Sigils		
			[ ] Armathor's Step
			[X] Arcane Mutterings

Passives

Ongoing

Magic Items
[X] Bladed Bolter Bandolier. Waist. +1 AC, +1 Fortitude. (Daily, Free Action): Spawn a Bolter within Range 5.

Mamagnara (+10 vs Reflex. Close Burst 1. Deals 1d6+3 Acid Damage to all enemies and applies -2 AC/Fort UEONT.)
Bear Hug (+10 vs Fortitude. Melee. Deals 4 Physical Damage and Roots target USOMNT)

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Akio

Akio watches the Tengu beat a hasty retreat with curiosity after the static had been ripped away from her. "Huh, so that actually worked..." While a million questions remained, and a bunch of brand new ones to boot, he felt relieved to finally have one piece of the puzzle to what the hell was going on in this strange world. Though it seemed like a fever dream at first, this was proof that a foundation of rules and logic existed somewhere underneath. If he learned more maybe he could find some way to exploit them...

"I'm alright." he responds to Tsukiyo, then turns around to check on the others. Looked like everyone else was as well, including Takashi's friend. It's a good thing they had arrived when they did or he might not have been so lucky!

---

Akio heads over to the old man's shop and considers his meager gold wallet. Sheesh, why is everything so expensive! I should've grinded more gold when I had the chance... "Uh, you don't take Yen, do you..." Guess not. "Maybe next time then."

After concluding his fruitless shopping Akio walks up to the immunity cat and takes a moment to pet it gently over the back. Even though the cat was wearing a poncho that covered its soft fur it was a most relaxing and rejuvenating experience. What a good cat.

---

So Hideaki was the source to all the messed up things that were going on at the school. Somehow it made sense. And this Joker jerk was feeding on his negative emotions? Maybe he's preventing Hideaki from shaking his slump too. What a shitter! Akio is about to tell him off when he notices Noriko muttering something. Her persona steps forward... Wait, what?

"Uh, do you know something about what's happening here, Noriko? Who is Him?" he asks, not taking his eyes off Joker.

Spending one surge and recharging my Fate daily.
Equipping the Holy Gauntlets. If anyone wants them just let me know and they're yours.
Keeping my support persona despite the obvious weakness flaw.

pre:
HP: 53/60 (THP: 0)	AC:	25 (+0)	Passive Insight: 15
Surges: 5/10 (V: 17)	Fort:	17 (+0)	Passive Perception: 15

Sword Burst		[ ] Fey Step			[ ] Rune of the Undeniable Dawn (Fate)
			[ ] Sword of Sigils		
			[ ] Armathor's Step
			[ ] Arcane Mutterings

Passives

Ongoing

Magic Items
[X] Bladed Bolter Bandolier (Daily, Free Action): Spawn a Bolter within Range 5.
[ ] Amulet of Life +1 (Encounter): When spending a healing surge, spend an additional surge.
[ ] Holy Gauntlets (Daily, Free Action): Makes next attack radiant, deals 1d6 extra damage on hit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Akio

"'Back to happy school days,' so you mean you can get us out of here? Hmm, I'd like that, actually." Akio looks off into the distance with a blank expression. "It's odd when I think about it now, but at first I really hated the idea of having to switch schools to Naoki Academy. I didn't know anyone here, and I was sure it was all going to be the same usual poo poo, only an order of magnitude worse. But despite that, I could still feel this faint glimmer of hope that it wouldn't be like that. And yeah, sure, I've come into contact with some less than great stuff here, but now that you've put it in those words, it's dawned on me that here at Naoki I've felt genuinely happy for the first time in a long while." He begins to smile slightly, still looking away.

"So..." his eyes lock on Joker, now burning with anger. "That's why there's no way in hell I'm letting you remain here to threaten that existence, you rotten little piece of poo poo! You're not gonna let us stop you? You live up to your name, fool. Since you're too full of yourself to be reasoned with, we're simply going to have to make you change your mind the hard way. He might've offered you a wounded heart to snack on, but you're about to find out you've bitten off far more than you can chew."