Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Mnemosyne posted:

Yeah, but it was me. Not joking.

I would like to know more about you and your decisions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
there was a guy around campus who always wore a cape

one day he jumped off a bridge, but to eveyrbodys disapointment he flew away to AnimeCon like he was in super mario world insteaf of dying

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
the cloak was formal but he usually wore a trench coat over black sweatpants and the same Evangelion shirt every day. Super skinny with really long hair.

He had like 10 of the shirts and sweatpants and actually groomed himself so miracle of miracles he didn't smell like he looked

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

yeah but he was a goth, back when goths were a thing

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Mnemosyne posted:

Yeah, but it was me. Not joking.

Tell me why.

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

No but we had a kid who legitimately thought he was from another plant and would leave messages on chalkboards for following classes like, "SLURP BEE BURB BOP"

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

psychokitty posted:

No but we had a kid who legitimately thought he was from another plant and would leave messages on chalkboards for following classes like, "SLURP BEE BURB BOP"

that kid owns

client
Aug 19, 2010

the cape kid i went to school was also the wheely bookbag kid. one day somebody jumped on his bookbag really hard which made the wheels shoot off like missiles and the kid cried

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

did your school have any legit punks? elmer's glue spiked hair that stuck out a foot from their skulls, those weird mudflap things, jackets made from things jackets weren't supposed to be made of?

this guy, basically, only with less poo poo from hot topic because hot topic didn't exist

the last of those dudes graduated after my junior year; made me sad like the 90s had finally died.

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

that kid owns

He was super pasty with really light ginger hair and freckles and super thick nerd glasses. I wonder if he ever went back to Planet X.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Everyone wore cloaks

hubbafubba
Jul 2, 2016

by zen death robot
i had a friend who was a pagan, does that count?

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

We already knew you went to Fag School OP

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

I wanted a cape but i was poor, so instead i became an agoraphobic sad anime dork who hung out with lesbians
They introduced me to gay anime, and as an adult, i'm still a fan of gay anime

Also spent a few months calling myself wiccan, thought i was rly smart, and badly drew anime characters constantly

Now i'm pretty normal, i have a job and a middle-class existance (which is a step up from being poor), but still enjoy dumb hobbies on the side (like gay anime)

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
No capes I can remember, though in high school there was a girl who wore those shoes that turn into skates and a friend of mine saw her lose control on them one day and barrel down the halls.

I also saw a guy around in college that always wore a kilt.

soyopocono
Jul 4, 2015
Yes and she was my girlfriend for two years. gently caress

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
How should I know? If he was cloaked then obviously I wouldn't have seen him!!!

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer
yes but in my defence i did go to hogwarts

hufflepuff class of '94 wassup

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Saw one guy at university who always wore a cloak over his shoulders, not fastened or anything, just draped on him. Might not have been totally right in the head :(.

There was another guy I'm pretty sure was Pipegoon. He had the build, the hair, and the pipe.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

no weird-dressers in high school, but i saw a dude on my college campus a lot dressed like a bumbling noir detective. a trench coat the worst shade of beige you can imagine, hanging off of this rail thin dude like a wingsuit. there was a hat as well, but it would be disingenuous of me to insist it was a fedora, these years later.

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord
I was an idiot goth kid in high school and I made some questionable fashion choices (I went through a black leather trench coat phase at one point), but I was no match for this one dude who came to school every single day with freshly shaved eyebrows and full on Marilyn Mansonesque makeup. He probably wore a cloak at some point.

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
I knew a cape guy and I knew a gape guy, which do you want to hear about

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Cantaloupe posted:

the vape guy

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Cantaloupe posted:

both at once

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug
Gape story please

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Ceciltron posted:

Gape story please

Goatse.cx

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
yes i wear a cloak, but before you make some lame comment!!!- i am in the ultra elite club at ivy league college cornell and we all wear cloaks and daggers

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Oh wow I did so many drugs I forgot about the cloak I wore in college. But I can't really tell you why. Sorry.

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!

dog buttz posted:

I would like to know more about you and your decisions.

Methanar posted:

Tell me why.

It was ~1995 - 1997 (so had nothing to do with hobbits or elves as mentioned earlier in the thread.) I'm slightly older than the average goon; I was goth, I wore a lot of crazy poo poo.

I also was/am really camera shy, so I'm sorry that I don't have any photos of myself wearing one that I can share.

Mnemosyne fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Jul 2, 2016

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
I knew a cape kid. He joined the air force at 26.

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

but you repeat yourself

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Mnemosyne posted:

It was ~1995 - 1997 (so had nothing to do with hobbits or elves as mentioned earlier in the thread.) I'm slightly older than the average goon; I was goth, I wore a lot of crazy poo poo.

Omfg finally a goon my own age. <3

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

when the teacher wants his attention she goes HEY LISTEN

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

what kinda poor-rear end school has folding tables as desks

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
cloaks weren't allowed at my school as per the Treaty of Algeron

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Animal-Mother posted:

cloaks weren't allowed at my school as per the Treaty of Algeron

could you wear flowers?

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.
No, but I was Neo in the flesh. In fact every morning I palm slam

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

symbolic posted:

what kinda poor-rear end school has folding tables as desks

I think it's one of those 3 week "learn to work in a nursing home" schools.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

psychokitty posted:

Omfg finally a goon my own age. <3

There's more of us than you think.

Anyway, I never had a cloak. I'm my rebellion against the dumb Goth kids I wore dumb novelty items. I had a cat in the hat hat, a #1 finger that I taped a picture of a revolver on, a head band that had 2 glittery balls on springs, etc.

I'm still a strange bird but I hide it better.

• Locked thread