Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Angela Lansburial
Feb 9, 2005
Nothing to see here.
our school had a capegirl. I don't think anyone actually knew her name, she was just called capegirl. also she smelled really bad

oh and there was a goth who wore a chainmail shirt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

no cloak but there was a guy who started wearing a trench coat right after columbine

and as an adult i once had a coworker show up to work on his day off in a yukata and geta. he was 25 and white

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
I really think the cloak needs to come back in fashion.

Cloaks are great! Everyone looks good in a cloak. I'm wearing a cloak right now.

a very large fish
Oct 18, 2012
Yeah she was a witch then a gutter punk. She was like 4'11" and she would growl at people. What I've gathered from Facebook she's a pagan/racist who's obsessed with odinism(?) or whatever it's called. Healthy hobby for a 35 year old. Anyway afaict her life is a poo poo show and her kids are ugly.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
a guy i went to college with says "gorram" all the time

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

Tuxedo Gin posted:

no cloak but there was a guy who started wearing a trench coat right after columbine
the matrix came out right around the same time also

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Yes, op and that kid was me.
In my defense: I needed my friends to take me seriously as a DM.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
In college a guy was always dressed as a pirate and was also barefoot all the time. He pulled the off pretty well tbh

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
When I was in high school grunge hit pretty hard so it didn't seem like we had the super nerds but we did have a guy named Greg who wrote an old wedding dress sometimes.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

MyChemicalImbalance posted:

What the gently caress does any of that mean

a weeb went to school with a weeb

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Ape Fist posted:

I know a 33 year old man who adores Linux, hails Eris (fnord!) and wears a cloak all the time.

is her a wizard

Nic Cage dick cage
Jun 23, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Not that I recall, no. But I'll have a think about it some more and keep you updated :)

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
we weren't even allowed to have backpacks, a cloak would have gotten you searched

i had one anyway and wore it at the park like the dumb goth kid I was

also had a cheap crap plasticy trenchcoat that I wore out so much my grandma threw it away when I wasn't around

other bad decisions: tripp pants

oh and I had like a... long sleeve pvc jacket thing that zipped from belly button to cleave and then was open in the front and flowy in the back. floor length. wore it to prom lmao

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Grand Prize Winner posted:

did your school have any legit punks? elmer's glue spiked hair that stuck out a foot from their skulls, those weird mudflap things, jackets made from things jackets weren't supposed to be made of?

this guy, basically, only with less poo poo from hot topic because hot topic didn't exist

the last of those dudes graduated after my junior year; made me sad like the 90s had finally died.

there were punks my age and younger when I was in school. graduated in 04

they had really good parties, there was always a fight between two random punk kids

Gamer With Dignity
May 15, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

psychokitty posted:

No but we had a kid who legitimately thought he was from another plant and would leave messages on chalkboards for following classes like, "SLURP BEE BURB BOP"

He was probably setting up drug deals.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
I try to be nice to everyone because really, even if they're weird, wear weird poo poo and smell bad, if they aren't hurting anyone than what's the point of being mean?
that's why I was always kind to Will.
after high school, probably about a year? He confessed his secret love to me over Facebook. I thanked him for his compliment and reminded him that I was (and still am) in a relationship. He had moved out of town so whatever.
One day I'm having lunch with a friend and my partner. we get our seat next to an empty table that someone is clearly sitting at, and who comes back from the washroom? Will. He asks if he can join us, he's there all by himself and we have an empty space. Totally an imposition and none of us want that but we're already sitting right beside him and the entire meal would be awkward to turn him away. So he sits with us and is goony as gently caress the entire meal. My friend and partner were in the middle of saying something when I heard Will remark that me guy and I seemed so happy and perfect (we had just been talking about how we bought our first house, our wedding was only a few weeks away etc) and then said how tragic it'd be if one of us died in a horrible car accident or something uhhh.
So it was a horrible lunch and we lied about where we were going after because he was totally going to try and bum a ride.
That's my trench coat kid story thank you for reading.

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
I went to school with this jefree star guy

Nic Cage dick cage
Jun 23, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Still no. Best I can do is a kid who would turn his eyelids inside out and then look at you and say "live is evil spelled backwerrrds"

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

There was one guy who'd wear his ren-faire costume to school in the days leading up the ren-faire. One chick wore a cape but she killed herself sophomore year and wasn't a problem anymore.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
hahaha yeah we had some goofball who started out with dracula stuff, then it got more & more elaborate, a pilgrim (like the mayflower kind) and a sumo wrestler with a fat suit and a super realistic jesus with a crown of thorns and ancienty looking sandals he made from like, wood and leather strappy bits, the dean kept tryin to make him knock it off, sending him home and threatening him, finally she tred to make him sign a contract that he wouldn't wear costumes or else he'd be expelled and his parents actually hired a lawyer who sent some kind of nonsense legal threat that the school would be sued if they tried to violate his rights because apparently this was not only free speech but also freedom of religion because he had decided he was some nonsense fake religion that encouraged dressing up like a fuckin pilgrim and his parents happily supported his self exploration and the dean decided it was too much of a headache and he triumphantly came into school the next day dressed up as a cartoon satan with lil horns spirit gummed to his head and a pointy tail and a pitchfork with a doll head skewered on it that was supposed to be the dean, pretty ballsy imho

eventually 9/11 happened and he made a big stink about how amerca deserved it, which wasn't the smartest move at a school filled with the children of nypd and fdny ppl, buncha kids with dead dads beat the poo poo out of him and eventually he just stuck to eyeliner and black nail polish, because I suppose it was easier for some guy to remember "oh that's the mfer I need to kick the poo poo out of" when they spot you wearing a sombrero and poncho and big fake mustache

After high school he became an anarchist and moved to poland and was homeless and destitute, following his facebook posts every few months was pretty cool, pictures of him trying to cook cans of beans out in a junkyard and poo poo, now he's back in America and 30 years old and just enlisted in the navy

Time Machine
Feb 24, 2006
When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit.
We had a girl in college who wore a green Lord of the Rings-style cloak around campus. Bitch had a rotten attitude and she never smiled, not even at graduation.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
No, my school was paranoid of having a mass shooting and anyone wearing a cloak/trench coat would be immediately taken aside by our campus cop.

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!

Gatekeeper posted:

hahaha yeah we had some goofball who started out with dracula stuff, then it got more & more elaborate, a pilgrim (like the mayflower kind) and a sumo wrestler with a fat suit and a super realistic jesus with a crown of thorns and ancienty looking sandals he made from like, wood and leather strappy bits, the dean kept tryin to make him knock it off, sending him home and threatening him, finally she tred to make him sign a contract that he wouldn't wear costumes or else he'd be expelled and his parents actually hired a lawyer who sent some kind of nonsense legal threat that the school would be sued if they tried to violate his rights because apparently this was not only free speech but also freedom of religion because he had decided he was some nonsense fake religion that encouraged dressing up like a fuckin pilgrim and his parents happily supported his self exploration and the dean decided it was too much of a headache and he triumphantly came into school the next day dressed up as a cartoon satan with lil horns spirit gummed to his head and a pointy tail and a pitchfork with a doll head skewered on it that was supposed to be the dean, pretty ballsy imho

This kid rules.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice

B.H. Facials posted:

We had a cloak kid at our school. He also wore Lucia's pendant that came with the Lunar: Eternal Blue Complete box set. My secret shame was actually knowing what that pendant was from. :negative:

We all knew when you said the word "also"

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
i just wore t-shirts that were slightly too big for me because i didn't understand how clothes fit. does that count

Lonos Oboe
Jun 7, 2014

Heath posted:

I just saw a man in his mid-20s dressed in a heavy duster jacket and a wide brim hat, mid-summer, with a plain overstretched tee shirt, lovely faded jeans and nasty old sneakers. It's something nerdy guys do that I never understood, in that they are clearly trying to affect some kind of bad mother fucker look but only commit to it in the most half-assed way possible.

I started reading the first Harry Dresden book on some pretty strong recommends. I was kinda sorta digging the tongue in cheek noir style. Until about like a third of the way through the book the main character describes himself as EXACTLY what the OP has written and I could not even remotely take the book seriously when I realized we were supposed to find this guy the height of bad-assery. I just could not get that kindred spirit fat wizard image out of my head and the main character's aloof behavior and poisonous attitude towards women just became this weird self diagnosed autistic man child's self aggrandizing story about impressing girls until they want him to kiss their boobs and casting spells on bad guys who have NO IDEA WHO THEY ARE MESSING WITH.

There is no way in gently caress I am reading the other 20 or so novels about that cock-smoking turbo-nerd unless Brad Neely does the audio book versions in the voice of Baby Cakes from the Professor Bros./ China IL

EDIT: By the way, I am not claiming superiority on this one. I have made my share of poor clothing choices.

Lonos Oboe fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Jul 2, 2016

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Cnut the Great posted:

i just wore t-shirts that were slightly too big for me because i didn't understand how clothes fit. does that count

Oh hey, that was me, the guy who wears size small t-shirts deciding that clearly XXL was the size I really needed to wear. I have no idea why. I jutlst did?

We had a robe girl at my school. It was black velour but I guess she didn't have black thread to sew it with because all the seams were red. It fit terribly and was poorly made, from what I remember. She also wore sandals all the time, even in winter.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

I went to Catholic School and we had to wear a shirt/tie/chinos every day. In hindsight it really didn't bother me all that much.

Gamer With Dignity
May 15, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

One chick wore a cape but she killed herself sophomore year and wasn't a problem anymore.

That cape must have triggered you something fierce.

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

BigwigML posted:

oh and there was a goth who wore a chainmail shirt

Ah yes, a visigoth

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

subhuman filth posted:

Ah yes, a visigoth
:thurman:

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Gamer With Dignity posted:

He was probably setting up drug deals.

Hahahaha no

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

we had one kid who wore a bright red trenchcoat

but we also had another kid who would dress up as the flash and run through the hallways every now and then, i never figured out who he was but he owned

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Ultra Carp

Verily I Shat posted:

Despite all my rage I am still just a man in a cape...

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?
I had a bunch of kickass shirts with dragons on them i wore in middle school all the time OP. In my defense i was never fat, just greasy and smelly until i figured out that kids in puberty need to shower

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Mad Hamish posted:

Oh hey, that was me, the guy who wears size small t-shirts deciding that clearly XXL was the size I really needed to wear. I have no idea why. I jutlst did?

We had a robe girl at my school. It was black velour but I guess she didn't have black thread to sew it with because all the seams were red. It fit terribly and was poorly made, from what I remember. She also wore sandals all the time, even in winter.

i'm a size small too but i just wore mediums. still not the best look when you're a short-ish scrawny guy like i was

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
no but i did wear that LOTR ring on a chain from my neck in middle school because I was a raging nerd

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
I had a friend of a friend that would carry a briefcase to school instead of a backpack. All his notepads and stuff he would draw 8s all over, that he would call sideways infinities and somehow tie that into him being "the final solution." If he got bullied he would start rocking back and forth, muttering to himself like he was going "to turn into 8", his alter ego.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I was in some advanced art classes. I basically jumped from a basic art class to AP. As a weird sort of foil, a girl also jumped from basic art to AP with me, and she was basically my opposite. Back then i was struggling to feel anything without drugs or medication, and my art very much came from that place.

She was basically a slender short wood elf. She awas like 4'8, She was very outspoken and aloof in a way that I find irritating.

She DID IN FACT wear a cloak. I had a piece that was... I don't have it anymore so im going off memory but it was a dumb thing where the outside was this sort of tribal type of outsider art using solid black shapes, and that gave way to a honeycomb, and there was a very grotesque and deformed sort of queen bee in the middle aping the style of a cave painting except shittier.

But anyway the composition upset her so badly about half way through my presentation she started crying and she screamed a lecture at me about colony collapse disorder, and I was a little bit stoned since this class was after lunch, so i sort of laughed at her while she went on this tirade, and this made the whole class laugh at her. She ran out of the room crying and never showed up to that class again, turns out she transferrred to the next art class down the list. But yeah anyway I upset my school's cloak wearer so badly they quit art class, and another girl who was way more technically proficient and also kind of a bitch who didn't like her, bought my composition for $100 sight unseen as a token to remember the day that girl got ran out of class.

Terrible story but that's my story about my school's cloak wearing elf girl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

Moridin920 posted:

no but i did wear that LOTR ring on a chain from my neck in middle school because I was a raging nerd

it is good you eventually blossomed into a raging turd

• Locked thread