Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Uh.... I wore a cloak my mom made for the Purple Rain concerts. It was heavy wool with a purple velvet lining. I used it as part of my wizard costume for middle school and just wore it from time to time because I'm a loving wizard gently caress you.

Also bought a london fog and matching fedora around that time and wore them together because I was a loving dick gently caress you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
There was a cluster of like 4 kids that wore naruto headbands every day

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004
David Eaton showed up the day after Columbine wearing white makeup and a cape telling everyone in the hall that he was going to cut their heads off. The cops arrested him in the library where he was praying in tongues. We never saw him in school again. Later my buddy and I made fun of this goth girl in our art class because we knew she liked him.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
We did have a guy that wore the same pair of oversized pants with flames on them every day for a year. He also had long hair but was balding at 17.

BLARGHLE
Oct 2, 2013

But I want something good
to die for
To make it beautiful to live.
Yams Fan
We had spirit week or some poo poo leading up to homecoming, and every day was some differently themed dress-up thing. I don't remember exactly what the theme was, but I once wore a cow-pattern cloak my mother had made for me.

I guess that means I was the closest thing to a cape kid in my high school....

I still have it, and I throw it on whenever I need a last minute costume for a party or something.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:
We had the kid that wore a tie and carried a briefcase everyday too. I once tried to compliment him on his tie and he stared straight ahead and pretended to not hear me. It was real weird. I think he might've been terrified of girls or something.

Trojan.exe
Feb 22, 2011

I never said I was a role model
That kid was me. I wore a dark purple cape to school. My Grandmom was excellent at sewing and gently caress I will still wear that thing around sometimes in the fall.

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010

Trojan.exe posted:

That kid was me. I wore a dark purple cape to school. My Grandmom was excellent at sewing and gently caress I will still wear that thing around sometimes in the fall.

Where do you wear it?

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

i used to be a little faggy goth kid who'd wear some dumb poo poo outside of school but never in it

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

Trojan.exe posted:

Dude, come on. Don't you want to have sex, like, ever? Or, if you have, with someone who isn't the kind of person who would sleep with a cape dude?

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
No, but there was this kid who would wear oversize sweaters with ripped fishnet pantyhose. The sleeves were so long sometimes he'd run around while twirling them and calling them his propellers.

He would draw a lot, mostly pictures of inanimate objects loving, like cars or trees.

Trojan.exe
Feb 22, 2011

I never said I was a role model

HoAssHo posted:

Dude, come on. Don't you want to have sex, like, ever? Or, if you have, with someone who isn't the kind of person who would sleep with a cape dude?

I'm not a dude ;)

The cape was down to my knees when I was a kid, but now it's at my hips so it really doesn't look that weird. Sometimes there are days where I just want to wear something that will keep me a little warmer or a little drier without wearing a hoodie. Capes just look a lot nicer than a hoodie IMHO.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
I wish all those Bay Area engineers would all switch from hoodies to cloaks one day. That'd be interesting.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

we did have a kid with a rolling backpack who sprinted through the halls. sometimes i saw him in the cafeteria, seemingly talking to himself.

but an underclassman informed me that actually, he has conversations with his calculators. he loves math and has a handful of different graphing calculators, for god know what purpose. he wrote a story for class where his calculators spoke to him and helped him pass such and such exam.

e: he hung out with a kid who really did not like me. the kid could not properly modulate his voice and basically yelled all the time. i guess they were tight.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

Trojan.exe posted:

I'm not a dude ;)

The cape was down to my knees when I was a kid, but now it's at my hips so it really doesn't look that weird. Sometimes there are days where I just want to wear something that will keep me a little warmer or a little drier without wearing a hoodie. Capes just look a lot nicer than a hoodie IMHO.

Oh, yeah, it's a little different if you're a chick. I've actually seen women wear short capes like a shawl and it looked okay depending on the outfit as a whole. Given the nature of the thread, I was obviously imagining a 28 year-old dude wearing a long cloak like an autistic Legolas.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I made my girlfriend a green cloak with a huge goblin hood on it because we are both huge loving losers.
She wears it when watching LoTR and basically never any other time.

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!
I didn't have a cloak kid, but i did have a kid that pulled his pants down all the way to pee in the urinal until 6th grade

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Feels good, man.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

Rape Stink posted:

I didn't have a cloak kid, but i did have a kid that pulled his pants down all the way to pee in the urinal until 6th grade

why stop then?

need to let the lads circulate

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.
When I was in high school in the early 90s, we had a "vampire" kid who would frequently come in with the full Dracula. Tux-like outfit, cape, and sometimes a cane with fake huge diamond on top. I vaguely remember him being kinda short and chunky. He was also one of the three Ians we had at that school during my time there, so there were a few mixups here and there. We were only in the same class once fortunately.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
a gift

Me on Halloween 2000

shirt says "you must be this tall to ride this ride," I was 5'1" and thought it was hilarious

everyone else post your dumb pictures

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!

Zorodius posted:

why stop then?

need to let the lads circulate

He actually transferred schools after 6th grade so I assume he still does this in his thirties.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

there was this one dweeb who wore a black trench coat a lot but hed get real butthurt when you called it that because it was technically a riding jacket

he was right but still

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
my aunt and uncle went to australia and brought me back this crazy australian cavalry riding duster with the big ol' mantle and pockets everywhere and it was made of hemp and had this weird waterproofing wax coating on it and as a 13/14 year old i thought it was insanely dope and I wore it when it was rainy or snowing

Then one day I saw a real grownup wearing a duster and he was the worst thing i ever saw and i dont think I ever wore it again outside of occasionally taking out of the closet and putting it on and looking in the mirror and wishing the world was fair

Oh and a couple of times when I was drunk and had to go out in the snow or rain for more booze or something and went to the closet for a jacket and saw it hangin there all lonely and was like "gently caress it yo time to shine mfers" and I'd throw it on with this minnetonka outback hat that was also a gift from the same aunt and uncle who apparently just want me to look like the sperg they know i am, and id go out lookin like a fuckin van helsing and the next day I'd wake up hung over and I'd see the jacket hangin by the radiator to dry off and I'd let out a darth vader "NOOOOOO" bc the drat jacket had tempted me again and like a whore, like a fuckin cat in heat, i had let it enfold my body outside in public for everyone to see

Lonos Oboe posted:

I am more than happy to ruin, I mean rectify things for you :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2PlAUzAFIU (Very slightly NWS)

It's just too perfect. I might go pick up the second book and give him another chance.

That is me irl
Watchin holy mountain and talkin bout fuckup boots and Adam smashers to the barista
Read all my posts in that voice and everything i say will make sense

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

I have enjoyed your posts in this thread, Gatekeeper.

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.
This isn't a cape story but there was this creepy kid named Eric who wore a khaki vest - the kind with like 50 pockets on it - every single day in high school. Eric was an outcast among outcasts, most of the goths and skids thought he was a basket case and barely tolerated him.

I saw Eric recently. Still wearing that vest.

big dong wanter
Jan 28, 2010

The future for this country is roads, freeways and highways

To the dangerzone

Gatekeeper posted:

my aunt and uncle went to australia and brought me back this crazy australian cavalry riding duster with the big ol' mantle and pockets everywhere and it was made of hemp and had this weird waterproofing wax coating on it and as a 13/14 year old i thought it was insanely dope and I wore it when it was rainy or snowing

those things rule really hard. really good for hiking through lovely bushland.
im an australian tho.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
Had one dude in high school who wore a goddamn fez.

Also a kid who dyed his hair platinum blonde and spiked it so he could pretend to be a super saiyan.

Edit:

One kid wore the same blue sweatpants and Pokemon shirt every day to school. For 4 years.

Crazyeyes fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Jul 5, 2016

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

MY PALE GOTH SKIN posted:

a gift

Me on Halloween 2000

shirt says "you must be this tall to ride this ride," I was 5'1" and thought it was hilarious

everyone else post your dumb pictures

This is really good. I graduated the same year as you but I don't think cameras existed where I lived so you're out of luck there :grin:

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
In college there were a number of kids who wore cloaks like ALL THE TIME. I think they had summerweight cloaks for when it was too warm to wear the regular thick wool ones.

Also at the summer academic program I've taught at there was this kid who dressed like a Sith Lord literally every day. I'm talking knee-high leather boots, black trousers, black shirt, black cloak, long hair with a ponytail...the works.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
There was a pair of girls in my high school that were a complete mystery to me. They both wore elaborate kimonos every Monday and Friday, and I never once saw them apart. They were both slim and very attractive, but seemed to have no friends other than each other. I didn't even know their names, and no one else seemed to, either.

They didn't do kabuki makeup or anything, just the elaborate kimonos and the updo with chopsticks thing that was popular in the 90's. On the other days they just wore regular girl clothes.

Our school didn't have a Japanese club or anything, so it wasn't for that. In fact, thinking back on it, I'm starting to wonder if it wasn't a 4 year long delusion I was having.

Farts
Nov 4, 2005
We go to the local convenience store on LARP weekends when we're out of junk food in full costume.
Making direct eye contact with the people who stare at you is mildly satisfying.
Full elf ear prosthetic, cloak, tunic, belt pouches and a scabbard with a latex/foam sword.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I didn't usually go full moron at school but i dressed like a goth for s while outside of that. I'm one of the rare goths that got thinner as they got older

turbomoose
Nov 29, 2008
Playing the banjo can be a relaxing activity and create lifelong friendships!
\
:backtowork:
We had trench coat guy at college, the classic summer trench coat with cargo shorts and a tee shirt underneath.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i used to wear long Johns under plaid shorts all winter long instead of just wearing pants and I had a t shirt I made one time when I was on acid and I wrote all the lyrics from ok computer all over it and I wore it for like 4 months straight

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Pick posted:

I didn't usually go full moron at school but i dressed like a goth for s while outside of that. I'm one of the rare goths that got thinner as they got older

Ah, the coke goth

edit: When I was going to the local community college there was a spot in the dining area that was slightly raised up and had a sort of fence surrounding the step that became known as the Nerd Cage because all the nerdiest people would gather there to watch anime on their laptops and play M:tG. There were plenty of fox tails and cat ears but one guy in particular who seemed to be the ringleader wore full Vash the Stampede gear at least once a week, glasses and bright red coat and everything. He must have been attending there for at least 6 years because after I graduated, I mentioned him to my younger brother who said he still sees him there like clockwork, although some of the crew has either graduated or moved on. He already seemed significantly older than most when I was there, so who knows how long he had been there before I came.

Heath fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Jul 5, 2016

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I wore dusters a lot. Eventually I sold one of them to a fellow, even worse?, nerd friend for like 100 bucks so that was cool. I also wore this shirt a lot:

which got me talked to down at the principal's office about how I wasn't allowed to wear it anymore because it was scaring teachers or some bullshit like that.

One dude would come to classes drunk or high all the time. I still remember him coming to gym class wearing a duct tape beard and mustache, talking in a pirate voice, and demanding to be referred to as Captain Morgan. He was in a band with a funny name / album title of course.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
One of the homeless dumpster divers near my job is always decked out in steampunk gear. Complete with goggled tophat.

HASSAN CHOP!
Jul 5, 2016
capes no, plastic elf ears, yes. also those heavy rear end black cargo pants with giant chains and rings and leg openings the sizes of basketballs, flapping around like goddamn chainmail trousers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe

Dr. Killjoy posted:

One of the homeless dumpster divers near my job is always decked out in steampunk gear. Complete with goggled tophat.

He's just an ill-rear end Lemony Snicket.

• Locked thread