Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
we weren't even allowed to have backpacks, a cloak would have gotten you searched

i had one anyway and wore it at the park like the dumb goth kid I was

also had a cheap crap plasticy trenchcoat that I wore out so much my grandma threw it away when I wasn't around

other bad decisions: tripp pants

oh and I had like a... long sleeve pvc jacket thing that zipped from belly button to cleave and then was open in the front and flowy in the back. floor length. wore it to prom lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Grand Prize Winner posted:

did your school have any legit punks? elmer's glue spiked hair that stuck out a foot from their skulls, those weird mudflap things, jackets made from things jackets weren't supposed to be made of?

this guy, basically, only with less poo poo from hot topic because hot topic didn't exist

the last of those dudes graduated after my junior year; made me sad like the 90s had finally died.

there were punks my age and younger when I was in school. graduated in 04

they had really good parties, there was always a fight between two random punk kids

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
a gift

Me on Halloween 2000

shirt says "you must be this tall to ride this ride," I was 5'1" and thought it was hilarious

everyone else post your dumb pictures

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

criscodisco posted:

Maybe it was an Indiana thing? Everyone called those water weenies when I was a kid.

From Indiana, never heard "water weenie" at all. Always "pool noodle." Northern, central, and southern Indiana might as well be three different states, though.

Son of Rodney posted:

I'm gonna be completely honest here and admit that if it were socially acceptable I'd wear them in the winter. I imagine they're really good against rain or sleet and I wouldn't have to worry about wet pants when I didn't wear a coat.

This would only happen if cloaks were a regular thing, made for wear by tailors/manufacturers who are taking things like "sometimes the ground is wet." I paid nearly 200 bucks for my cloak, and the first time it rained, I had a similar thought.

It soaked up like 20 pounds of water and I had to ask if I could stuff it in a friend's dryer, lmao

Cops in school weren't a thing in elementary school, aside from DARE talks and such. I don't remember there being any in seventh grade, either. Columbine happened towards the end of seventh, there were forever cops after that.

Cops and whatever teachers were supervising kids flowing in/out for the day had walky-talkies. I was walking in from the parking lot one day and heard "be advised, Longhair McWiccerson (dude) is wearing a uhhhhh. A leather bra."

Longhair McWiccerson was (still is) a friend, so I went and found hi. It was a very 90's leather crop top over his standard A Perfect Circle shirt. I was disappointed, school was intensely boring. They made him take it off.

Fun fact; all the goth and punk kids shopped at Hot Topic, which only carried maybe two dozen styles of pants per gender at once, and maybe four styles of fancy dresses. There was much drama over people buying the same items and wearing them, aside from t-shirts for some reason. I bought a purple and black brocade or jacquard patterned corset top and matching fishtail skirt, the kind that you lace up around your rear end.

I expected crap from the school, because it was distracting but technically within rules. Instead some random chick I didn't know got in my face and told me it was her prom dress and if I wore it to prom, she'd beat my rear end. Crazy people. It was a crap prom dress.

• Locked thread