Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Also acceptable: capes, elf ear prosthetics

I just saw a man in his mid-20s dressed in a heavy duster jacket and a wide brim hat, mid-summer, with a plain overstretched tee shirt, lovely faded jeans and nasty old sneakers. It's something nerdy guys do that I never understood, in that they are clearly trying to affect some kind of bad mother fucker look but only commit to it in the most half-assed way possible.

It made me think of the kid in high school that wore an Elven cloak to school. This was right around the time the LOTR movies were in full swing, so I'm pretty certain he bought it at the ren fair and wore it to school in 70° weather. I've heard similar stories of That Kid, so I'm sure every school had at least one dollar store Legolas per generation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
We did have a guy that wore the same pair of oversized pants with flames on them every day for a year. He also had long hair but was balding at 17.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Pick posted:

I didn't usually go full moron at school but i dressed like a goth for s while outside of that. I'm one of the rare goths that got thinner as they got older

Ah, the coke goth

edit: When I was going to the local community college there was a spot in the dining area that was slightly raised up and had a sort of fence surrounding the step that became known as the Nerd Cage because all the nerdiest people would gather there to watch anime on their laptops and play M:tG. There were plenty of fox tails and cat ears but one guy in particular who seemed to be the ringleader wore full Vash the Stampede gear at least once a week, glasses and bright red coat and everything. He must have been attending there for at least 6 years because after I graduated, I mentioned him to my younger brother who said he still sees him there like clockwork, although some of the crew has either graduated or moved on. He already seemed significantly older than most when I was there, so who knows how long he had been there before I came.

Heath fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Jul 5, 2016

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Grand Prize Winner posted:

Is sportcoat/t-shirt/jeans a weirdo outfit? Because that was me.

high school through... my second year of college? good god.

Ah, the "libertarian-leaning social sciences teacher" look

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

LadyAmbien posted:

Am I too late to contribute my story about the very obese girl who would wear a cloak who later went on to buy a house and share it with 8-10 ferrets that would run around the house? I think it also goes without saying she smelled very bad.

It's never too late.

To contribute to the thread I mean, we are all pretty much hosed in the grand scheme of things, so I welcome cloaks coming back into style before Armageddon

• Locked thread