Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

MY PALE GOTH SKIN posted:

This would only happen if cloaks were a regular thing, made for wear by tailors/manufacturers who are taking things like "sometimes the ground is wet." I paid nearly 200 bucks for my cloak, and the first time it rained, I had a similar thought.

It soaked up like 20 pounds of water and I had to ask if I could stuff it in a friend's dryer, lmao

Cops in school weren't a thing in elementary school, aside from DARE talks and such. I don't remember there being any in seventh grade, either. Columbine happened towards the end of seventh, there were forever cops after that.

Cops and whatever teachers were supervising kids flowing in/out for the day had walky-talkies. I was walking in from the parking lot one day and heard "be advised, Longhair McWiccerson (dude) is wearing a uhhhhh. A leather bra."

Longhair McWiccerson was (still is) a friend, so I went and found hi. It was a very 90's leather crop top over his standard A Perfect Circle shirt. I was disappointed, school was intensely boring. They made him take it off.

Fun fact; all the goth and punk kids shopped at Hot Topic, which only carried maybe two dozen styles of pants per gender at once, and maybe four styles of fancy dresses. There was much drama over people buying the same items and wearing them, aside from t-shirts for some reason. I bought a purple and black brocade or jacquard patterned corset top and matching fishtail skirt, the kind that you lace up around your rear end.

I expected crap from the school, because it was distracting but technically within rules. Instead some random chick I didn't know got in my face and told me it was her prom dress and if I wore it to prom, she'd beat my rear end. Crazy people. It was a crap prom dress.

Hey fellow hot topic goth :respek:

However, while owning many a hot topic dress, I went to homecoming wearing a Victoria's Secret lingerie corset and a bedsheet as a skirt

My friends included a girl who also wore hot topic all the time, a guy who literally only wore faded black jeans (the 90s kind where the ankle part is tight and the rest is huge) and oversized blue/black tshirts, every day. He would wear this outside, in 0 degree winter. I don't think he owned a coat. He did have some raggedy rear end black hoodies, but he only wore these indoors. Also a guy who would wear big black pants with big pockets, but not hot topic because he was poor or "too cool" for hot topic, so they were from wal mart, and various Asian-themed shirts. He also had a trench coat. Also he was balding at 16 so we called him "patches."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
Oh and I forgot that I used to plaster and draw pics of JROCK bands everywhere, including my homework, and would sometimes bring my lovely early 2000s laptop to school to blast said JROCK music in the halls, and sometimes class. Teacher once got mad at me. But only once. Clearly they liked Gackt as well.

PallasAthene posted:

:smith:

I hope he eventually found a quirky girl who liked him for who is is....or got rich and scored some arm candy.

No, afaik he still lives in his parents house and he spent a greater part of 10 years hoping the next half life (or whatever game it is that never came out) would come out.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Mnemosyne posted:

Requesting a photo of this, because I want to know if it was obvious that it was a bedsheet.

I think the only existing photo is in the hands of the only-tshirts kid, who I don't have contact with anymore, but I'll ask my other friend (no longer goth).

In any case I tried to tie it up in a pretty bun on my hip but I'm pretty sure it was obvious because I had used that bedsheet as...a bedsheet, and it was faded. Black obviously.

• Locked thread