Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lonos Oboe
Jun 7, 2014

Heath posted:

I just saw a man in his mid-20s dressed in a heavy duster jacket and a wide brim hat, mid-summer, with a plain overstretched tee shirt, lovely faded jeans and nasty old sneakers. It's something nerdy guys do that I never understood, in that they are clearly trying to affect some kind of bad mother fucker look but only commit to it in the most half-assed way possible.

I started reading the first Harry Dresden book on some pretty strong recommends. I was kinda sorta digging the tongue in cheek noir style. Until about like a third of the way through the book the main character describes himself as EXACTLY what the OP has written and I could not even remotely take the book seriously when I realized we were supposed to find this guy the height of bad-assery. I just could not get that kindred spirit fat wizard image out of my head and the main character's aloof behavior and poisonous attitude towards women just became this weird self diagnosed autistic man child's self aggrandizing story about impressing girls until they want him to kiss their boobs and casting spells on bad guys who have NO IDEA WHO THEY ARE MESSING WITH.

There is no way in gently caress I am reading the other 20 or so novels about that cock-smoking turbo-nerd unless Brad Neely does the audio book versions in the voice of Baby Cakes from the Professor Bros./ China IL

EDIT: By the way, I am not claiming superiority on this one. I have made my share of poor clothing choices.

Lonos Oboe fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Jul 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lonos Oboe
Jun 7, 2014

Gatekeeper posted:

(I too heard him describe the main character, with his leather duster jacket, and immediately pictured an obese ur-sperg with acne and unkempt muttonchops and a greezed-up ponytail and a gift shop Indiana jones hat, possibly with sweatpants cut into shorts and doc martens, but luckily the raw sexuality of handsome vampire man's creamsicle speech just pushed that awful sweaty fat fucker right out of my head.)

I am more than happy to ruin, I mean rectify things for you :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2PlAUzAFIU (Very slightly NWS)

It's just too perfect. I might go pick up the second book and give him another chance.

Lonos Oboe fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Jul 3, 2016

• Locked thread