Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
hahaha yeah we had some goofball who started out with dracula stuff, then it got more & more elaborate, a pilgrim (like the mayflower kind) and a sumo wrestler with a fat suit and a super realistic jesus with a crown of thorns and ancienty looking sandals he made from like, wood and leather strappy bits, the dean kept tryin to make him knock it off, sending him home and threatening him, finally she tred to make him sign a contract that he wouldn't wear costumes or else he'd be expelled and his parents actually hired a lawyer who sent some kind of nonsense legal threat that the school would be sued if they tried to violate his rights because apparently this was not only free speech but also freedom of religion because he had decided he was some nonsense fake religion that encouraged dressing up like a fuckin pilgrim and his parents happily supported his self exploration and the dean decided it was too much of a headache and he triumphantly came into school the next day dressed up as a cartoon satan with lil horns spirit gummed to his head and a pointy tail and a pitchfork with a doll head skewered on it that was supposed to be the dean, pretty ballsy imho

eventually 9/11 happened and he made a big stink about how amerca deserved it, which wasn't the smartest move at a school filled with the children of nypd and fdny ppl, buncha kids with dead dads beat the poo poo out of him and eventually he just stuck to eyeliner and black nail polish, because I suppose it was easier for some guy to remember "oh that's the mfer I need to kick the poo poo out of" when they spot you wearing a sombrero and poncho and big fake mustache

After high school he became an anarchist and moved to poland and was homeless and destitute, following his facebook posts every few months was pretty cool, pictures of him trying to cook cans of beans out in a junkyard and poo poo, now he's back in America and 30 years old and just enlisted in the navy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

Lonos Oboe posted:

There is no way in gently caress I am reading the other 20 or so novels about that cock-smoking turbo-nerd unless Brad Neely does the audio book versions in the voice of Baby Cakes from the Professor Bros./ China IL

lmao i often listen to the Dresden files audiobooks when im cranky and unsettled and need help fallin asleep, spike the handsome billy idol vampire from buffy narrates them in his true american voice and he's a soothing gentleman

However they have now and for all time been ruined for me because his silky whisperings will never be as potent as the brad neely version i am now imagining thanks to you, you marvelous cocksucker

(I too heard him describe the main character, with his leather duster jacket, and immediately pictured an obese ur-sperg with acne and unkempt muttonchops and a greezed-up ponytail and a gift shop Indiana jones hat, possibly with sweatpants cut into shorts and doc martens, but luckily the raw sexuality of handsome vampire man's creamsicle speech just pushed that awful sweaty fat fucker right out of my head.)

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

PallasAthene posted:

No cloak kids, but plenty of serape wearers in my school. And by some weird coincidence my brother managed to date two different girls who owned super realistic Star Trek uniforms and didn't see anything wrong with wearing the shirts out in public. One of them had all her uniforms herself from patterns in an old book from the 80's.

i was thinking "wow your brother dated a goon" then I realized there have got to be a lot of girls who make Star Trek uniforms themselves by hand from that old pattern book

I just never meet them :smith:

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

my aunt and uncle went to australia and brought me back this crazy australian cavalry riding duster with the big ol' mantle and pockets everywhere and it was made of hemp and had this weird waterproofing wax coating on it and as a 13/14 year old i thought it was insanely dope and I wore it when it was rainy or snowing

Then one day I saw a real grownup wearing a duster and he was the worst thing i ever saw and i dont think I ever wore it again outside of occasionally taking out of the closet and putting it on and looking in the mirror and wishing the world was fair

Oh and a couple of times when I was drunk and had to go out in the snow or rain for more booze or something and went to the closet for a jacket and saw it hangin there all lonely and was like "gently caress it yo time to shine mfers" and I'd throw it on with this minnetonka outback hat that was also a gift from the same aunt and uncle who apparently just want me to look like the sperg they know i am, and id go out lookin like a fuckin van helsing and the next day I'd wake up hung over and I'd see the jacket hangin by the radiator to dry off and I'd let out a darth vader "NOOOOOO" bc the drat jacket had tempted me again and like a whore, like a fuckin cat in heat, i had let it enfold my body outside in public for everyone to see

Lonos Oboe posted:

I am more than happy to ruin, I mean rectify things for you :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2PlAUzAFIU (Very slightly NWS)

It's just too perfect. I might go pick up the second book and give him another chance.

That is me irl
Watchin holy mountain and talkin bout fuckup boots and Adam smashers to the barista
Read all my posts in that voice and everything i say will make sense

• Locked thread