Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

symbolic posted:

what kinda poor-rear end school has folding tables as desks

I think it's one of those 3 week "learn to work in a nursing home" schools.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
When I was in high school grunge hit pretty hard so it didn't seem like we had the super nerds but we did have a guy named Greg who wrote an old wedding dress sometimes.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Meridian posted:

No cloak, but there was a kid who wore the same slacks, button up shirt and vest combo everyday. Complete with briefcase.

We had that kid, too. He even brought his briefcase to prom (stag, of course).

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
There was a pair of girls in my high school that were a complete mystery to me. They both wore elaborate kimonos every Monday and Friday, and I never once saw them apart. They were both slim and very attractive, but seemed to have no friends other than each other. I didn't even know their names, and no one else seemed to, either.

They didn't do kabuki makeup or anything, just the elaborate kimonos and the updo with chopsticks thing that was popular in the 90's. On the other days they just wore regular girl clothes.

Our school didn't have a Japanese club or anything, so it wasn't for that. In fact, thinking back on it, I'm starting to wonder if it wasn't a 4 year long delusion I was having.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
There was a whole group of "kids" who kept getting in trouble for playing Buffy in the local cemetery at night with stakes they had made by carving down water weenies.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

kazr posted:

what in the hell is a water weeny?

Those long foam tubes you play with in the pool.

Edit: after googling, apparently they aren't called water weenies like I always thought. I'm talking about these things:

criscodisco fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Jul 6, 2016

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Maybe it was an Indiana thing? Everyone called those water weenies when I was a kid.

criscodisco fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Jul 6, 2016

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Oh I tried to gently caress one of those once. It had little dinosaurs in it and it didn't work. It was just like rolling and unrolling a condom on your donger.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
The backwards hat makes it worse, but I give you points for not getting to pull off loafers with it.

Plus that was such a quintessential 90's look that you can be forgiven.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Then I take back everything I said.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Yeah school cops are a weird idea. We just had a shop teacher who wasn't afraid to gently caress a kid up.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
A fat girl with ferrets who smells bad? Now you're just making stuff up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Ferrets like to explore tunnels.

• Locked thread