Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Are you gonna do Sonic and the Secret Rings or Sonic and the Black Knight? Those are...I actually still don't know what I feel about them actually...

Oh god you're doing Sonic 06 you absolute madman.

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Jul 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

And it's still a platformer where you have to wrestle with the controls and dedicate yourself to jumps with no way to fix your mistakes. Unless you're Rouge or Omega, and note how much easier their levels are.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

2hawt4RecordingSoftware

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Experience bij

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I am a monument to all your sins

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I always liked the Metal Sonic race. It was a nice change of pace, especially since other Sonic CD bosses are kind of a huge pain.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I played Warioland 4 and I was like "well I like the pinball zone well enough, but I wish it was more....pinball-y."

After watching these video I have reconsidered my opinion.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Load State is actually a good stripper na-:commissar:

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

The physics seem really inconsistent too. And the path you need to go into are really angular to boot. So even when you're aiming, there is still no guarantee you'd get where you're going.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I remember liking Sonic Underground well enough. It was kitschy but that's more than I can say for Sonic Boom. It probably hasn't aged well and I imagine the song segments are cringy as hell.

Sonic X will make you tear your TV in two though.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

You were right and that kid is loving insufferable

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

My personal shame is that I never understood the bubble mechanic in hydrocity so the drowning always killed me.

Set that tune as your alarm clock music. You will get your rear end out of bed so fast

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Man I sucked at video games as a kid. That stage gave me no end of trouble.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I...I never got to Sandopolis :negative:
If I ever got to Stage 2's boss he always killed me :(

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Kurieg posted:

Japanese arcade games are loving weird.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vakYOsbEyR8

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Honestly no. Those 3D sections were always hard as gently caress and the controls always felt ridiculously slippery

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Ya know, I'd say that it's impossible to turn Sonic into an RPG but then I remember Super Mario RPG and Command Mission. I guess Sega shoulda asked SE instead of Bioware.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Maybe Genocide City was Robotnic finally using his Death Egg to blow something up. I'm guessing it was one stage long and then ohshit sonic time to go and stop that!

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Apparently folks get around it by giving donations to marijuana producers, and the marijuana producers provide free marijuana samples wonce the donations pass certain thresholds!

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

You should play Team Protoman because Colonel is overrated and you get to see Chaud get decked in the face.

Also hehe, Chaos Rings. Sorry Amy, but as the Nominator, Sonic will have to slay you so that you can become a Pillar to save the world.
...since literally nobody will get that joke, check it: http://lparchive.org/Chaos-Rings/

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Jan 11, 2017

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

It's very short. You can clear one run in a few days of casual play.

And fair enough, though that scene with Chaud justifies Team Blues for me.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Megaman Battle Network was ahead of its time

https://twitter.com/ArmsControlWonk/status/816481483804184577

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Speaking of which I noticed that you started MMBN 4: WE WILL NOT FORGET THE RED SUN OVER PARADISE!

-Contrary to what you may think or the game tells you, DO NOT TOUCH DARK CHIPS WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE ONE STORY FIGHT! There is exactly one Dark Chip worth using in BN4 (DarkSword) and it's not worth the multiple maluses you get.

-Dark Soul is a worthless loving joke and to make it activate consistently you need to permanently lose about 200 HP. There is a navicust part called DarkLicense which makes you lose karma faster, but it's pretty late game and what's the point? There are like 20 chips which benefit from Dark Soul and half of them are useless, the others don't have real good synergy or have awkward codes. Also you can't use Dark Chips on the final boss. Straight up.

-On the other hand, not using Dark Chips gives you Light Soul. IT IS BROKEN AS ALL gently caress. What it does is it lets you get into full synchro easier without the need of counter hits. The way BN4's retarded system works is that every hit you deal on an enemy gives you a certain amount of emotion meter points. You start at like 50 for Neutral Soul and you go Full Synchro at 255 (counter hits automatically give you 255 regardless of where you started). This makes Vulcan chips very, very good for getting full Synchro. Light Soul changes this minimum to something like 120. It's crazy good and you don't need to gently caress around with bugs.

-You guys haven't even seen the worst typo. There is one that rules above all. Talk to Lan's mom during Windman's scenario.

-Murkland is supposed to be Black Earth, apparently a place where Dark Souls gather. This is notable since it's the post-game area

-If you get NumberBall, a fun cheesy strategy you can do is use a Dark Chip exactly once to make the last two digits of your HP 99. So each NumberBall chip deals 3*/4*/5* 99 dmg. 495 dmg from a standard chip is really great!

-The codes you find that are long as gently caress unlock opponents in BCC. yep

-Crackout breaks a panel and also flings a 60 dmg stone directly forward. it's better than PanelOut and actually makes for a decent folder stuffer since it comes in * code

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Jan 26, 2017

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Tip of the iceburg for BN4. Tip. Of. The. Iceburg :allears:

btw stock up on unlockers. you will lit need one to progress

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

GunDelSol requires you to hold the button and it hits all enemies two columns ahead of you, degening their HP the longer you hold the button. It ignores mercy invincibility so it's pretty good. It also powers up if you're outside when you jack in so that Jomon laptop is officially your endgame spot for Lan.
You should use GDS 1,2 and 3 since they're the only chips on playthrough 1 which can go to 3. You might wanna use invis beforehand though since you are totally stationary while you hold the A button.

Putting GDS 1 +GDS 2 +GDS 3 together gives you the piledriver PA, which is pretty powerful, ALSO powers up if you're outside, and if there's an empty panel behind the enemy the damage is doubled.

You can also get GunDelSolEX with 74293099. It has a higher degen rate, hits in a 2x3 area 1 column ahead, and has a sweet chip icon.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Don't feel too bad about using the codes before you know them. GunDelSolEX (I love saying this :allears:) is like 30% of the reasons BN4 can be enjoyable. Another 30% coming from a 1 square BugStopper Navicust block, letting you poo poo on the Navicust rules with impunity.

BTW, when you clear the game, make sure to find the event with Django, since that gives you the NebulaCode and GDS3. You need the code to open the doors cause IIRC those have HPmemories behind them, and if you don't get em, you won't get 1000 HP in the end.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

oh you're gonna love Dark Brotherhood :allears:

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

IT IS PERFECT!

WONDERFUL!

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Fighting game boss characters :allears:

The mark of his dignity hath scarred thy DNA

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Houle posted:

I actually did a research paper on six degrees of separation and was able to link old 1930s serials to Sonic & Knuckles. Laputa is the name of the island from Gulliver's travels but it is also the ancient civilization filled floating planet from Miyazaki's Laputa: Castle in the Sky. Also the inspiration for Regigigas and I suppose the guardians in Breath of the Wild.

It also means "the whore" in Spanish. The name and the island was Swift's not-so-subtle slam on the Royal Society of Britain. He was criticizing them for being pompous, self-aggrandizing bufoons who cared more about the idea of new discoveries rather than the discoveries themselves. In the book, they were so obsessed with science that they didn't care that their wives would sleep with other men. As well, the king of Laputa was a tyrant who would try to use his city to blot out the sun for the people on the ground.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Speaking of fanfiction, follow the quote path: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3821460&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1805#post474801620

and then if you dare, https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3821460&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1829#post474805366 (:nws: :nms: :stonk: :catdrugs:)

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Jul 29, 2017

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

So fun fact about alcohol and cough syrup, you gotta use the old school cough syrup, which is quasi-legal to sell nowadays since it has a mild opioid called codeine in it. You know that song "Like a G6"? Where they talk about drinking sizzurp? That's alcohol and the cough syrup mix.
Good news: In addition to getting you smashed it gives you a mild high.
Bad news: Cough syrup in general is actually bad for your liver and should not be taken with alcohol. So in addition to all the fun complications that come from that, codeine also induces dependency in the drinkers and you can even overdose on the stuff.

And that is why I will never respect that song. Like if a friend OD'd on heroin, you'd be like "poo poo man did you hear? Harry died" "drat, how?" "OD'd on heroin apparently" "drat I didn't know he was using, that sucks"
But on the other hand, "poo poo man did you hear? Harry died." "drat, how?" "He OD'd on cough syrup" "Ahahahah the dumb motherfucker" "Hahaha dude shut up it's not...aha...funny...hahaha"

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I never understand sonic levels that have mario-esque platforming and giant pits. It makes sense for knuckles, since you can control your jumping momentum by gliding, but for sonic it's totally off.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Okay, you're not completely wrong here but you're not quite there either, and anyone following your advice to try lean is gonna seriously hurt themselves.

...My overall message was trying to say "don't drink codeine-laced beverages recreationally, ever, you loving morons". Fair enough on the rest though.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Embrace instrumentality

such are the consequences for opening The Box history shall rue this day

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I love how much video games confuse cats :allears:

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I don't know how to feel about this game. It's like someone decided to take every cliche from the sonic fanfic community and cram it all into one game.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Is that a loving sarashi???

:psyduck:

ricdesi posted:

This game is weeeeeird.

EDIT: also that's Liam Christopher O'Brien. He's doing his brooding edgelord voice instead of "I'm on the cusp of orgasm" edgelord voice

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Nov 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Yesssssssss....let the hate flow through you :unsmigghh: