Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
*bursts into the thread sweating and panting*

DID SOMEBODY SAY SONIC?!

No but seriously, a historical and loving look at the video game series that defined my childhood is exactly what my heart needs. Thank you so much for doing this. With Sonic, I think a lot of LPs tend to pick up...I dunno, Shadow, and then just take the piss out of the whole series. Which is totally fine, but I think the best LPs are of games that the person likes. Loves for the really top tier LPs. One of the best parts of Sonic Adventure DX was giving me the ability to play stuff like Sonic Drift and Triple Trouble. If there is ever a way I can contribute to this, let me know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Wow, I'd never even heard of Sonic Eraser. What an odd little game. I always thought Sonic 2 came like immediately after the original. In my childhood there was Sonic, Sonic 2, Spinball, 3&K, and then complete silence until the Dreamcast. I've gone back and filled the gap since then, but who knew about this? I wonder what guy was thinking "This game's almost done....eh, throw Sonic somewhere in there."

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I'm so confused. Sonic 2 was done first, but the GG version shipped first?

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I'm so thankful my parents took one look at stuff like the 32x and just said no. What a ridiculous system.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Wow, Mania looks great. It's smart of them to only use the Sonic 3 & Knuckles cast for trailers and stuff. Like you guys said, I'd be cool seeing Shadow and Blaze get put in later as DLC for cheap. The idea of a Sonic Generations 2 is a bit confusing. It just seems too soon to go back to that well. I guess if it's some wholly original plot that could be interesting.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Sonic 2 is the best game ever for younger siblings. You can let them play without them affecting anything. And for the tougher bosses, you can focus on dodging and let Tails do the heavy lifting. Here's to hoping you guys pull off all 7 Chaos Emeralds!

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

ricdesi posted:

I gotta be honest, I'm not sure if we're gonna get Super Sonic.

I'm crushed. You must persevere! Run harder!

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
All this time, I was thinking Sonic 2 had an extra boss if you got all the emeralds like Sonic 3. In fact, I actually thought they just had the same boss copy/pasted across two games. I remember the first time I watched a friend reach the end of Sonic 2. The final stage giving you no rings is absolutely brutal even if Mecha Sonic is really easy.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Sonic CD's idea of no bottomless pits is a fantastic idea for level design. Why would they not continue doing that?

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Tails managed to beat Metal Sonic is way less tries than Sonic. Who's the real sidekick here?

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Is Tails' AI not as simple as him doing whatever you tell Sonic to do? I thought, like in the Sonic 2 special stages, he just followed your button inputs at a slight delay.

Sonic Chaos is neat. I'm pretty sure that's one of the Game Gear ones that I beat in Sonic Adventure DX.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
The weird thing is that Sonic + Pinball should be a slamdunk. It's really not a stretch to put the two together. Spinball is just so drat unforgiving though and the parts where you're meant to play as regular Sonic are all weird. It really should've just been straight up furry blue pinball.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Thank heavens, that was torturous. That is a seriously cruel boss for a game that has limited lives and no continues. I'd understand if it was legit pinball or some arcade game. Those are meant to eat quarters. This was just evil.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I remember liking the episodes of Sonic X that directly adapted the Dreamcast games. Kid me always wondered why they bothered with that kid though. I was probably wrong, but it felt like there wasn't enough Sonic and Friends in the Sonic show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I shed a single tear when I saw that it was gonna be more Mean Bean Machine, but Dustin is great, so it was worth it.

Also My Finale was enough for me to forgive that last season of Scrubs so long as everyone can agree that Season 9 never happened. That finale gives Scrubs the edge over How I Met Your Mother.