Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Kurieg posted:

Sort of. The issue is, in part, that Sega of Japan told SoA's then president Tom Kalinske to do whatever he felt necessary to ensure Sega succeeded in America, he was the guy who encouraged the price drop, bundling in Sonic, the nintendo attack ads, and the "SEGA!" scream from the commercials. He also, apparently, was in favor of the 32X, since he believed it would have better push through in the US and Europe and didn't like the chip architecture they were planning on using for the Saturn and encouraged them to get in touch with SGI. SOJ refused and eventually SGI signed on with Nintendo for the n64. Then they undercut him by forcing him to release the system early to try and "Beat" The Playstation, but they didn't have the games to compete yet, and the way they stealth distributed the Saturn in america made a lot of stores refuse to carry the system at all. Then Sega shuttered development of the Neptune (A Genesis with the 32X built in) in favor of the Saturn, and things spiraled down from there.

Turns out splintering your client base across 3 systems isn't a good idea.

Well, if you deliberately sabotage the gently caress out of it because you don't like the fact that the ideas came from a gaijin, it isn't. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

SSNeoman posted:

So fun fact about alcohol and cough syrup, you gotta use the old school cough syrup, which is quasi-legal to sell nowadays since it has a mild opioid called codeine in it. You know that song "Like a G6"? Where they talk about drinking sizzurp? That's alcohol and the cough syrup mix.
Good news: In addition to getting you smashed it gives you a mild high.
Bad news: Cough syrup in general is actually bad for your liver and should not be taken with alcohol. So in addition to all the fun complications that come from that, codeine also induces dependency in the drinkers and you can even overdose on the stuff.

And that is why I will never respect that song. Like if a friend OD'd on heroin, you'd be like "poo poo man did you hear? Harry died" "drat, how?" "OD'd on heroin apparently" "drat I didn't know he was using, that sucks"
But on the other hand, "poo poo man did you hear? Harry died." "drat, how?" "He OD'd on cough syrup" "Ahahahah the dumb motherfucker" "Hahaha dude shut up it's not...aha...funny...hahaha"

Okay, you're not completely wrong here but you're not quite there either, and anyone following your advice to try lean is gonna seriously hurt themselves. I'm from Houston, which was pretty much lean city when lean was a thing, so I can correct you a bit on this one.

Nobody, literally nobody, mixes it with alcohol. Because this is an insanely dumb idea and even absolute morons know you don't mix downers with other downers. Instead, it's usually mixed with Sprite to hide the taste, because codeine gives you a pretty nice high on its own if you're not already an opioid user and most drug users don't actively want to die.

(Also, regarding why Toy Story got TT the 3D Blast job: it was likely less because Toy Story was any great shakes on the Genesis, and more because they successfully did DKC-style prerendered graphics on the Genesis in it.)

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Honestly I thought both Toy Story and 3D Blast were alright games when I had them as a kid, but I haven't really revisited either for long enough to get a feel for them as an adult.