Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe
The entire exchange between Raygun and Echi is hilarious, but this

echinopsis posted:

mate

wanna come around and say that to my face

is probably the funniest part.

So, Echi, have you learned anything from this experience, or at least from this thread? Like, do you ever read the first few pages of your posts and cringe? Do the warnings you laughed off in the beginning sting?

Edit: Lol, I didn't see that last post on the previous page.

Bobbie Wickham fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Nov 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
[quote="Bobbie Wickham" post="477979660"]
So, Echi, have you learned anything from this experience, or at least from this thread?

of fuckin course. despite what you might think i'm not a moron. sometimes things take a bit of time to sink in but it all forms part of the picture of who I am

and part of the reason I often avoid this thread is because the picture it paints isnt the picture I want to think about myself. if it were up to you guys I'd believe that I was a worthless cuck of a human being. I know that I am more than that, so I have to push forward despite how hilarious-in-failure my life us to all of you

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe

echinopsis posted:

[quote="Bobbie Wickham" post="477979660"]
So, Echi, have you learned anything from this experience, or at least from this thread?

of fuckin course. despite what you might think i'm not a moron.

Like, what?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
that things clearly weren't good and that I need help

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
a lot of fuckin' self hatred. a lot of "when you said it like, wow, makes me realise I am a piece of poo poo" kind of things

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
aim of the game right?

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

Bobbie Wickham posted:

That's right, I forgot that children NEVER act out, and that upsetting/traumatic events don't have a negative effect on people until they're at least 18.

Stupid.

*looks back at my own life and history that is the only thing I can use to relate to others atm and how it affects me into my adulthood and the perspective it gives me on this kind of home life* *sees it called "stupid" because this is the internet reeeeee why bother talking about things*

Thanks, I appreciate it.

echinopsis posted:

Someone suggested earlier that you pursue therapy individually. That's a good idea and you should do it. There's more going on here than your marriage falling apart because of bad decisions, your ability to be a functional human being that respects himself is essential to a stable life. That ability is really out of whack for you but it doesn't have to be.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.

echinopsis posted:

and the difference between you and me and why i can’t stop posting here

i have a heart. it’s hosed and it’s too exposed, spread too thin

can’t imagine what kind of piece of poo poo human being watches this and finds it amusing./ wow

my dude you opened a thread in E/N, the self-help zone, to brag about your side jaunts and deep throat connections.

:lol: if you don't think people are going to read about the logical conclusion to "open marriage is like communism" and have a hearty fuckin' chuckle.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

HIJK posted:

*looks back at my own life and history that is the only thing I can use to relate to others atm and how it affects me into my adulthood and the perspective it gives me on this kind of home life* *sees it called "stupid" because this is the internet reeeeee why bother talking about things*

Thanks, I appreciate it.

It's stupid to extrapolate your own singular experience into an extremely broad blanket statement about childhood trauma hth

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Can we change the thread title to "imagine if I was in a marriage"?

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe

HIJK posted:

Thanks, I appreciate it.

You do know that MY parents had a dysfunctional marriage, too, right? And that my OWN experience is that upsetting childhood events can result in upset children? And that said upset children DID, in fact, act out as a result? And that maybe your experience is not universal? Or that maybe if you had received attention and care as a child while your parents got a divorce, you maybe wouldn't have the same issues you now have as an adult?

You're welcome, stupid.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
Please change Echi's name to "Deepthroat Junction."

Tia.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
echi, you know that weird kid at school who like no one really liked? the one who would eat worms because it made other people give him attention, but they were only giving him attention because like ‘lol wtf who eats worms, let’s see if we can make him eat more worms’?

i’m not going to spell out the rest of the analogy, but i’m hopeful that you can piece it together.

Mappo
Apr 27, 2009

echinopsis posted:

I'm curious here, what your Dad's addiction looks like?

What do you want to know? He looks like a man in his late 60s who could drop dead at any minute. He has pretty much stopped taking care of himself, it's a miracle he is still alive. But opioid addiction for over 20 years will do that.

I don't know if he is still using, he was on daily methadone when I was last living with him. Or at lest that's what he said. I think he has moved to weed now, but I really don't know. I don't see him that often, I emotionally left him a long time ago.

But yeah I've been in your kids shoes, were we went somewhere and Dad either wasn't invited or didn't want to come. He just stayed at home and used in peace.

It sucked and you should get help.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

Bobbie Wickham posted:

You do know that MY parents had a dysfunctional marriage, too, right? And that my OWN experience is that upsetting childhood events can result in upset children? And that said upset children DID, in fact, act out as a result? And that maybe your experience is not universal? Or that maybe if you had received attention and care as a child while your parents got a divorce, you maybe wouldn't have the same issues you now have as an adult?

You're welcome, stupid.

Do you want to bicker about it here or do you want to go the gen thread where we can scream at each other like adults?

If the kids were here I would apologize to them for the assumption they were batting average but as it is I'll apologize to Echi for assuming that. Sorry Echi, I figured your kids would be holding it together.

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe

HIJK posted:

Do you want to bicker about it here or do you want to go the gen thread where we can scream at each other like adults?

If the kids were here I would apologize to them for the assumption they were batting average but as it is I'll apologize to Echi for assuming that. Sorry Echi, I figured your kids would be holding it together.

Why are you so insistent that children can't be impacted by their parents' divorce while they're still children? Like you've never heard of kids doing worse in school or getting into fights or feeling neglected during upsetting events.

Also, Echi is still living at home; he's not even separated yet, let alone actually moving out of the house and being gone. Nothing has changed yet for the kids. It's a little soon to assume they're going to do just swimmingly through a process that hasn't even started yet.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

Bobbie Wickham posted:

Why are you so insistent that children can't be impacted by their parents' divorce while they're still children? Like you've never heard of kids doing worse in school or getting into fights or feeling neglected during upsetting events.

Also, Echi is still living at home; he's not even separated yet, let alone actually moving out of the house and being gone. Nothing has changed yet for the kids. It's a little soon to assume they're going to do just swimmingly through a process that hasn't even started yet.

What the hell are you talking about? I genuinely apologized for making a bad assumption, especially since the OP's home life is rather fraught.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

HIJK posted:

What the hell are you talking about? I genuinely apologized for making a bad assumption, especially since the OP's home life is rather fraught.

No you didn't lol, you doubled down with that "batting average" thing. You don't seem to understand that a sample size of yourself isn't something you can consider normal or average. Where do you see an apology in the post where you accuse Bobbie of bickering with you?

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

Kelp Me! posted:

No you didn't lol, you doubled down with that "batting average" thing. You don't seem to understand that a sample size of yourself isn't something you can consider normal or average. Where do you see an apology in the post where you accuse Bobbie of bickering with you?

"Batting average" is a colloquialism I'm using as a way to say they may not be doing well even if they're not obviously badly. Average isn't bad but it isn't good either, the point is that I don't know since the OP is in another country and is respecting the kids' right to privacy by not broadcasting their mental health details across the internet.

I apologized with this: "Sorry Echi, I figured your kids would be holding it together." Because when I made the first post I figured that they would be doing alright but on reflection on the reactions to it, yeah there's no guarantee of that.

Y'all need to chill.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
are forums moderators one of the occupations that deepthroats?

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe
Trade secret, Charleston Jew.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

echinopsis posted:

:thunk:
you realise you need help yet you're happily wandering around not giving a gently caress, which is what got you here to begin with

:thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk:

zen death robot
May 27, 2001

CharlestonJew posted:

are forums moderators one of the occupations that deepthroats?

I'll never tell :forkbomb:

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

echi posted:

"im not cucked! im not cucked!!", i continue to insist as i slowly sprout horns.

:(

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
can't really say im a cuck coz I don't sit around as a helpless begger while my wife bones, and if I still am, then she is too, at the same time? kinda totally undermines the purity of cucking IMO

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

echinopsis posted:

I don't sit around as a helpless begger

the evidence you have provided itt seem to point otherwise

zen death robot
May 27, 2001

echinopsis posted:

can't really say im a cuck coz I don't sit around as a helpless begger while my wife bones, and if I still am, then she is too, at the same time? kinda totally undermines the purity of cucking IMO

Cuck is specific to men.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
but it also implies a one sided nature and also something akin to sitting in the corner in your underwear watching your wife get railed and that the humiliation is an aspect of it

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

the evidence you have provided itt seem to point otherwise

:rolleyes:

zen death robot
May 27, 2001

echinopsis posted:

but it also implies a one sided nature and also something akin to sitting in the corner in your underwear watching your wife get railed and that the humiliation is an aspect of it

:rolleyes:

Accept your cuckness.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol no not until you accept yours

dont skimp on the shrimp
Apr 23, 2008

:coffee:

echinopsis posted:

mate

wanna come around and say that to my face

Death by deepthroat

He'll have to add an entire new column to his spreadsheet

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Zdr cucks me and frankly I love it.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
Does the abyss deepthroat?

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

echinopsis posted:

lol no not until you accept yours

Did you just literally post a "No U!"? lol

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Still laughing at his mood improving by moving out of the basement, lol.

zen death robot
May 27, 2001

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

Sunlight helps after all it seems.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

what

who even lived in a basement

zen death robot
May 27, 2001

echinopsis posted:

there are some healthy things that come out of this, some couple have a lot of jealousy in their relationship with one or the other even having friends of the opposite gender but now we are pretty casual about it because the fundamental rule about openness applies across the board. and it's cool to know I could go out drinking and hookup in a bar if I felt the need. there is a large part about encouraging the other to experience all those fun new experiences because some of these experiences really only come from being with new people and the exciting times in new relationships. I want my wife to experience that! she wants me to. and then we have sexy with each other and we have new tricks etc too

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
I want to know about the new tricks

Like did you discover a new hole, or is it more of a psychological thing, like tricking the mother of your children into gagging on your cock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zen death robot
May 27, 2001

echinopsis posted:

well to make it less exciting but more real you need to understand that this open marriage isn't a free for all. emotions and poo poo are involved. how will my wife feel when I meet a girl off tinder at a bar and go back to her place.. well we just don't know but let's give it a shot. and what happens if during this event my wife doesn't feel good by herself at home knowing I'm out chatting up a 21 year old looking to take her back to her place.. well we made it clear she could call and say "this isn't working" and it sounds like a bummer maybe but it's how it has to go

and so I met her. she was into gaming. she had the biggest boobies. she had a couple of drinks and so we went back to her place but her place was a dump! her cat lived in her room. but she wanted a piece of me so I took
off clothes and we tried to have sex. as I have learned now, getting it up when you're not into condoms or used to new people isn't always so easy.. and so at first there was only a poor attempt at sex. then sex actually happened. but then my wife called not feeling that flash about it all so I went home
and this is where we learned that me going off with random young girls is not the key to a happy marriage lol

guess this mystery was solved

• Locked thread