Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

large hands posted:

how's the open marriage going?

it's not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice
he's not even in a marriage anymore

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VjPNKc0VsU

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice
OP, my mom left my dad because she wanted to be able to drink all night and gently caress other guys without being nagged about stupid poo poo like "getting a job" or "being able to pay the mortgage." I loving HATE her for it, because she actively chose alcohol and partying over her family and getting healthy. I don't know if I'll ever be able to forgive her.

I was in my early 20s at the time, so I wasn't in my formative years or dependent on her, but it still hosed me up and really wrecked the rest of my family in a lot of ways too. Your kids are way younger than I am, and they're watching their daddy make the same decision. You can try to justify it to yourself - oh, it's amicable, we still live together, kids come first- but if you decide to choose partying over your family all of that is a lie, and your kids will see right through it.

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice
Not going to derail the thread, but my family was already going through some hard times, and it was pretty explicitly "I feel no responsibility to my husband or kids or the life we've made together, it's getting in the way of valuable drinking time," which I'm warning OP is how the kids are going to see it too. My brother was still in high school if it makes you feel better.

And maybe the poo poo you've been saying really is just posting persona bravado, Echi, but you posted in the computer problems thread "yeah my wife is leaving me and I want to keep the computer, how much will I have to whore myself out for to afford a replacement for them?" I hope you really are taking this more seriously than you let on, because it sounds like the relationship isn't unrecoverable, you just don't want to put the work in for it. And it is work- dealing with addiction is work, recovering your relationship is work, handling your mental health issues is work, but if you sit back and go "yeah probably couldn't have done anything differently, just easier this way" then you're explicitly choosing alcohol and random hookups over your wife and kids, who should be the most important things in your life.

If you really still love and care about your wife as much as you say, loving do something about it, mate!

E.

quote:

so, now she is kinda just being "idgaf how what i do makes you feel", and that's fine, totally her prerogative and i don't really expect her to be any different.. but is that i what i want to be with, with someone who gives no concern for how her actions make me?

This is what I mean. She put up with your bullshit for years, finally got fed up and pushed back, and you're acting like she's the bad guy. It's easier to just go "she's changed" than to go "I need to seriously change my behavior because it's driving away the woman I love."

A Pinball Wizard fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Oct 1, 2017

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice

echinopsis posted:

lol no not until you accept yours

Did you just literally post a "No U!"? lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice
I want to know about the new tricks

Like did you discover a new hole, or is it more of a psychological thing, like tricking the mother of your children into gagging on your cock

• Locked thread