Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I just got back from vacation (GDT, right?) and picked random OTNs because the card already started.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Belgian Waffle posted:

Even if I wasn't married to my current gimmick, I still wouldn't select CM Punk unless the payout matched the odds (+350ish last I checked).

With the way goonweight works, underdogs are self-normalizing without odds, because we're not risking our previous winnings or working from a bank and choosing our degree of risk. Everyone has to pick the same amount, and there is ultimately only one final correct answer which translates to your place in the overall standings. This means that if you pick an underdog and that underdog wins, you'll get stronger rankings push than if you had correctly picked a favourite, because fewer people will have picked that fight correctly by virtue of it having been an underdog.

See?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Beat the rng :smugdog:

• Locked thread