Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Do it ironically posted:

BLM canada is just basically, give us free poo poo because we're black not that we deserve it or anything, btw we're going to be total shitheels too

this, but in america and black people here arent treated differently so tjat means the entire BLM matter organization is a sham

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

nigga crab pollock posted:

this, but in america and black people here arent treated differently so tjat means the entire BLM matter organization is a sham

agreed

and INM is about a billion times more productive than BLM in Canada

Flocons de Jambon
Apr 11, 2015
Wow, it's crazy that BLM would ask for some of the money behind Pride. The people who run Pride earned their money the ol' fashioned way: by partying, dancing naked in the street, and cashing cheques from corporate sponsors.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Flocons de Jambon posted:

Wow, it's crazy that BLM would ask for some of the money behind Pride. The people who run Pride earned their money the ol' fashioned way: by partying, dancing naked in the street, and cashing cheques from corporate sponsors.

So go on tv and read out your demands, you don't have to ruin the gays' good time

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

LadyAmbien posted:

Just speaking from experience - Canada is a better, more chilled out version of the US, especially with the current state of affairs...

Yeah but chill isn't always the best. Sometimes crazy is fun. This is what I imagine crossing the border from canada to the US to be like, for instance.

https://youtu.be/ZiHJ0EdVY4o

Actually it would be perfect if the black lamb in that video was getting shot.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Flocons de Jambon posted:

how dare they, those savages

Flocons de Jambon
Apr 11, 2015
My parade was interrupted for 30 minutes:qq:

Superior Bastard
Jun 5, 2004

I wanna be on you.

Do it ironically posted:

how dare they, those savages

Triggered! We prefer the word "fierce".

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:
hey man u gotta listen

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Didn't Ontario seriously consider race segregated schools about 5 years ago? Lmao

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Colonel Cancer posted:

Didn't Ontario seriously consider race segregated schools about 5 years ago? Lmao

Instead they opened an Afrocentric school and may or may not have started grading "certain individuals" on a curve to make sure they got into universities they were woefully unprepared to attend.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Frosted Flake posted:

Instead they opened an Afrocentric school and may or may not have started grading "certain individuals" on a curve to make sure they got into universities they were woefully unprepared to attend.

"Instead"?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

pk subban is a great defenseman who's funny as hell and gave $10 million to a children's hospital in montreal, where he played in the NHL until june 29. guess why he was traded

i'll give you a hint: he's not white

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Technically, you can send your white kids to learn about how the Ancient Greeks were actually Black Africans.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Frosted Flake posted:

Technically, you can send your white kids to learn about how the Ancient Greeks were actually Black Africans.

Oh jesus, its one of those places. the kind that say anyone famous ever was really black.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

I mean there was the issue of carding, where police would stop random black people and ask to see ID, which was bad but they stopped it after the protests.

Then like a year ago they shot a mentally ill black dude with a hammer like two seconds after arriving on the scene and there was no charges, but there's a coroners inquest now into the death after protests.

The police also shot a mentally ill brown dude with a knife on a streetcar a couple years ago and the cop was acquitted of murder but guilty of attempted murder so he's only getting four years in prison.

Basically the police love gunning down the mentally ill in Toronto more than anything. There was also that Polish dude in the airport a few years ago.

I guess things are going p. okay compared to the states if the latest issue is "Not enough black trans ASL translators". What do you need an ASL translator at a parade for anyway? I think they'd get pretty tired of signing out "Woooooo!!!" and "Yaaaaay!

But yeah Natives get it far worse considering police (out west especially) have a habit of driving them into the middle of nowhere in the middle of January, taking their jackets and leaving so they died from exposure.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
he's gay

Gamer With Dignity
May 15, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Why wouldn't it be a thing?

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

https://twitter.com/blm_to/status/749787494590316544

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
so how does GBS feel about black lives mattering now?

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=13s&v=aCcxVYMdK14

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

nigga crab pollock posted:

well the toronto police are in deep poo poo right now for an underage sex trafficking ring

deep poo poo is relative when you are the one responsible for investigating underage sex trafficking sex rings, though

Wait what

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Who or what is the twerking resisting

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Not wanting cops to have a float at pride parades is pretty legit.

Cops tend not to give a poo poo about keeping LGBT folk safe. Knew of a couple 60 year old gay men who were attacked by a group of university students, and when they went to the police, the cops pretty much said "are you sure you didn't start the fight?"

That being said, this BLM thing in Toronto is a joke, and the way they are going about it is probably the worst way they can go to gain support.

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Who or what is the twerking resisting

oppressive underpants

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Not wanting cops to have a float at pride parades is pretty legit.

Cops tend not to give a poo poo about keeping LGBT folk safe. Knew of a couple 60 year old gay men who were attacked by a group of university students, and when they went to the police, the cops pretty much said "are you sure you didn't start the fight?"

That being said, this BLM thing in Toronto is a joke, and the way they are going about it is probably the worst way they can go to gain support.

There are gay policemen. It's almost like you learned nothing from the village people.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

RobattoJesus posted:

oppressive underpants

I support them now

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

every year the pride parade tramples dozens of innocent bugs :spiderguy:

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

imagine actually caring enough that when you read something silly black lives matterdoes on the internet that will never effect you irl in any way shape or form u momentarily fume to urself before going " i bet my friends in gibbiswill love to hear about this!!!"

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/black-lives-matter-protest-at-historic-toronto-pride-parade-with-justin-trudeau

Why are ya'll letting them shut your poo poo down like that?

Does Canada have a history with police brutality against black people that I missed or something?

Though I do like the irony of them doing this in a multicultural city like Toronto

toronto, like any other major city, has a history of shooting mentally unstable people with guns/knives
BLM contends these people are almost always black
statistics suggest they're not necessarily incorrect
however, the SIU, a civilian agency that independently investigates violent police incidents, has cleared the police in nearly every act involving the death of a black citizen
and BLM doesn't like that

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

a few years ago, the tamil tigers protested here and shut down a major highway for a few hours

we also had idle no more a little while back

p soon there will be anti-trump rallys

canada isnt immune to your poo poo, america. thansk a LOT!!!!!!!!!!

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

ps happy birthday

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Pretty sure the knife guy on streetcar wasn't even black. Just white/middle eastern maybe?

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Colonel Cancer posted:

Pretty sure the knife guy on streetcar wasn't even black. Just white/middle eastern maybe?

yes, sammy yatim was brown.
that incident being the example of where charges are actually being laid against the police

BLM wants more cops charges, less floats, and presumably all police to be boiled in acid

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Colonel Cancer posted:

He was Syrian IIRC.

Lasca
May 8, 2007

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

Basically the police love gunning down the mentally ill in Toronto more than anything. There was also that Polish dude in the airport a few years ago.

Polish guy was in Vancouver

Superior Bastard
Jun 5, 2004

I wanna be on you.

Fashionable Jorts posted:

They are a very loud, unfunny joke in the US as well. It's almost as if it was designed to fail.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Although the officer was charged with attempted murder. See, he kept shooting after his legal use of lethal force.

How you can attempt to kill a dead man is beyond me. Sound like he panicked and kept pulling the trigger.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

BLM should ally with the taxi workers union and canada post and form a new political party
(holy gently caress i just gave them an actual effective strategy)

you can send my royalties straight to the LCBO, please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

LadyAmbien posted:

Just speaking from experience - Canada is a better, more chilled out version of the US, especially with the current state of affairs...

Just speaking out of experience - Canada is America's dorky little brother that copies him in everything he does in an effort to seem cooler than he really is.

• Locked thread