Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will the Tony Romo Division Finally Get a Ring
This poll is closed.
Yes 3 16.67%
No 2 11.11%
Tony Romo Kitchen Fire.gif 11 61.11%
I am not in the league, but I shall vote anyway. 2 11.11%
Total: 14 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

bbf2 posted:

Was the draft order set yet or is the number I'm seeing (13th) on my page randomly given by ESPN and the real order hasn't been determined yet?

No. I got back late yesterday. I'll get the new guys in later today and set the real draft order.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

commish
Sep 17, 2009

I'd like the number 3 pick. Thanks.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
Sent the invite to Dubious finally.

I'm hoping SA Poster "Metapod" notices my post to them in the generic league thread, because they don't have PMs. If you know them, please let them know they're up.

Otherwise it goes to the next person on the list. IN the meantime, I'm now about to do the draft order.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I MADE THE CUT metapod1997@gmail.com

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

I changed the draft order on ESPN to reflect this. It's your loving fault if I hosed up and you don't notice. I'm not checking again.

Metapod posted:

I MADE THE CUT metapod1997@gmail.com

Invite sent. Dubious, you may have gotten a second one when I sent Metapods.

Both of y'all are replacing long standing members, WE EXPECT GREAT THINGS.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
To be clear

Dubious is to replace "FlyWhiteBoy"
Metapod is to replace "seventeen"

We're sorry to see them both go. :smith:

Both of y'all feel free to change your names (and tell me what you're changing it to).

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

13...hmmm...acceptable

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
just a yearly reminder that we once lost a member who got banned in the offseason for promoting posting fake reviews for his erotic fiction on Amazon.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

JetsGuy posted:

just a yearly reminder that we once lost a member who got banned in the offseason for promoting posting fake reviews for his erotic fiction on Amazon.

:prepop:

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

10th is fine with me.

JetsGuy posted:

:flashfap:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

First last year. 18th this year. I didn't need an elite WR anyway. :colbert:

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
I'm in as "Got em in the nuts once I noticed"

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Holy poo poo. I got the spot I wanted.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
In as erotic smashmouth

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

JetsGuy posted:

Erotic incest fiction no less

JuicedSixFo
Mar 16, 2007
8th pick. Whatever, that'll do. Taking Seattle D/ST

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

JuicedSixFo posted:

8th pick. Whatever, that'll do. Taking Seattle D/ST

You may have to settle for a kicker. That D should be a top 5 pick.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Silly Burrito posted:

You may have to settle for a kicker. That D should be a top 5 pick.

Even in this league you're a moron if you draft a kicker before the last round.

d/st is different because those return yards can make up for a multitude of sins in your lineup.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I'm going to waste that 7th pick so hard

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I'm going to waste that 7th pick so hard

Tom Brady?

e: Holy poo poo who did that it is brilliant.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

#2 pick? You guys must really want me to win this league again, don't you? Thanks!

JuicedSixFo
Mar 16, 2007

JetsGuy posted:

Even in this league you're a moron if you draft a kicker before the last round.

d/st is different because those return yards can make up for a multitude of sins in your lineup.

I mean normally that rule that will always apply. This poo poo ain't normal. Just want to point out that last year Gostkowski (2015 #1 kicker), drafted in the 8th, averaged 10.5 points a game, and scored 168 points on the year.

Latavius Murray (2015 #10 RB), averaged 10.2 and finished with 163.8 on the year.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

JuicedSixFo posted:

I mean normally that rule that will always apply. This poo poo ain't normal. Just want to point out that last year Gostkowski (2015 #1 kicker), drafted in the 8th, averaged 10.5 points a game, and scored 168 points on the year.

Latavius Murray (2015 #10 RB), averaged 10.2 and finished with 163.8 on the year.

That is a poor comparison. Kickers are taken last because it typically does not matter much from one kicker to the next, not that they can't put up numbers similar to starting rb/wrs. The top 20 kickers had between 168 and 112 points. Eliminate the best and worst 5 and you're looking at between 142 and 121. The difference from one kicker to the next just isn't that big unless you luck into one of the best kickers of the year. Even if your kicking game is on point and you got the best guy, You're only looking at + a few points over the average kicker per game. Can a few points matter? Sure, of course, but spending an 8th rounder to try and get those few extra points instead of drafting a backup QB that is competent or something? I dunno.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

darkwolf220 posted:

That is a poor comparison. Kickers are taken last because it typically does not matter much from one kicker to the next, not that they can't put up numbers similar to starting rb/wrs. The top 20 kickers had between 168 and 112 points. Eliminate the best and worst 5 and you're looking at between 142 and 121. The difference from one kicker to the next just isn't that big unless you luck into one of the best kickers of the year. Even if your kicking game is on point and you got the best guy, You're only looking at + a few points over the average kicker per game. Can a few points matter? Sure, of course, but spending an 8th rounder to try and get those few extra points instead of drafting a backup QB that is competent or something? I dunno.

Right. The difference week by week in the best kicker and a poo poo kicker is negligible.

JuicedSixFo
Mar 16, 2007
let me know when y'all have gone 10-3 drafting a d/st in the 5th and a kicker in the 8th

nobody puts dan marino in the corner

JuicedSixFo fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Aug 19, 2016

JuicedSixFo
Mar 16, 2007
you guys can't try and argue logic here. you have to defy the odds. literally the worst manager by a mile won last year.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

JuicedSixFo posted:

What in the world am I reading?! Wow, total amateur hour, haha.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Kickers only matter in Calvinball or two kicker leagues :colbert:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Kickers only matter in Calvinball

Not if you declare opposite day and reverse the scoring.

Calvinball was a fun league. :)

JuicedSixFo
Mar 16, 2007

commish posted:

What in the world am I reading?! Wow, total amateur hour, haha.

See? There's the proof.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

JuicedSixFo posted:

you guys can't try and argue logic here. you have to defy the odds. literally the worst manager by a mile won last year.

The most true post in the thread.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

JuicedSixFo posted:

But I lost in the championship game.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Power of Pecota posted:

But I lost in the championship game.

If only you had drafted a kicker in the third round.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
I hope Dak Prescott is still available by the time it gets to my first round pick (fingers crossed)

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Two drafts down this weekend, three to go with this one tonight. It excites me, yet fills me with dread of scraping the barrel, throwing the barrel away, digging under the barrel, and finding a river of poo poo.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

I haven't done a single second of fantasy football research this year so far.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

commish posted:

Excellent

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

My boys in the Joe Namath division better be pre-gaming this draft hard, because while other divisions drone on about "winning" and "being good at fantasy football", at least we know how to party.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

commish posted:

Can't research for this league anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Grats to 2 of the auto drafters who will be proudly starting Case Keenum and Colin Kaepernick in week 1. Now frantically run to the league page to see if you were the lucky one to get Keenum.

• Locked thread