Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will the Tony Romo Division Finally Get a Ring
This poll is closed.
Yes 3 16.67%
No 2 11.11%
Tony Romo Kitchen Fire.gif 11 61.11%
I am not in the league, but I shall vote anyway. 2 11.11%
Total: 14 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I need the Packers to utterly demolish the Eagles defense tomorrow. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

JetsGuy posted:

I'm dreading the playoff calculations this year

It actually looks a bit easier this week, but the NFC has two 8-4 teams, three 7-5 teams and two 6-6 teams. It's going to be close.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Oh that's right its actual playoff calculations so I already won the division :grin:

JuicedSixFo
Mar 16, 2007

commish posted:

Are you guys gonna let me win this thing again? My team is looking strong.

You sure you're making the playoffs?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Joe Namath Divison gaurantees a win!

tuckfard
Dec 9, 2003

Just chillin
I think I'm either mathematically eliminated or need a series of large miracles. Even if I do end up tied with several 7-6 teams, my division and conference records don't seem too hot.

It is awesome seeing all these similar records though.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

It sucks when all you have to do is hear the Cowboys won a low scoring game to know you aren't winning the week. My team is Dak and the other guys and I really need him to score 25+ per week to win. :shrug:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Good luck to me and those of you who I need to win to make the playoffs. The rest of you can go to the bad place.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I do believe I need to win plus wins by Blank's Banks, Seattle Frasiers, and Zoltan Mesko to squeak in as the last wild card. aka RIP season, Jordy Nelson put you out of your misery last week.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

If I miss the playoffs because I started a defense this week...........

e: well I guess I freaked out too early. Who's ready to get smashed? ???

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Dec 5, 2016

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Every year I try to do this, I always get my calculations wrong. But damned if I won't try until Jetsguy laughs at me and proves me wrong. Feel free to check the math and see if I forgot to carry a four or divide by zero or something.

But...(assuming no scoring changes or that Quincy doesn't get negative yardage tomorrow night to make me lose), the NFC may actually be simple.

Solid State Poo lost, going to 8-5.
I will most likely win, going to 8-5.
Deflated Bush most likely will win, going to 8-5.
Naptown Sleepers will most likely win, going to 9-4. It doesn't actually matter if he wins or not, because Inglorious Staffords lost, going to 7-6, so Sleepers wins the Romo division.

No other team in the NFC has eight wins, so that's your NFC. No idea who won the Montana division, probably not me.

Mouth Breathing Retards won, going to 9-4, winning the Namath division.
Zoltan Mesko wins and goes 8-5, winning the Marino division.
Baller Status won, going 8-5.
Cows too close to tell with two players left on both sides. If the Cows win, they're 8-5.

If the Cows don't win, then there are multiple teams in the AFC that could finish with seven wins and possibly get in.

I swear, if I miscalculated and barely miss the drat playoffs again.... :argh:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I won the division due to divisional record iirc

commish
Sep 17, 2009

It's my 58th time in the league and I still don't know how the playoffs are calculated. Oh to be in one of those terrible divisions.

JuicedSixFo
Mar 16, 2007
Any division not Dan Marino is terrible, so,

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Now we wait and see which 7-6 AFC team makes the playoffs.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
I'll do it tonight, and as always it's NFL rules (kind of). Usually HtH and common opponents is enough.

One year I literally had to flip a coin

MikeyKins
May 9, 2004

Dan, there's a reason why we get emails calling you Le Bafart, Le Baturd, Le Bajerk...
Missed the playoffs because I tried to be cute and started the Niners D. What a wet fart of a way to go out

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

MikeyKins posted:

Missed the playoffs because I tried to be cute and started the Niners D. What a wet fart of a way to go out

Haven't done it yet. May not get to it tonight but it's either tonight or tomorrow. Yaaaaayyy.

gently caress Thursday night football.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Well my one small victory of the season is that beating the Cows probably makes the playoffs harder to figure out.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

MikeyKins posted:

Not to pick on you, but I don't even understand the logic of starting the 49er defense. Chiefs have been killing it on defense all year, and the 49ers have been one of the worst fantasy defenses in the last few years.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Who among us hasn't made a boneheaded sit/start decision that bit us in the butt?

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Silly Burrito posted:

Who among us hasn't made a boneheaded sit/start decision that bit us in the butt?

Reminder that I straight-up lost a championship making the wrong choice between rookie year Ryan Tannehill and Chad Henne.

JuicedSixFo
Mar 16, 2007

Power of Pecota posted:

Reminder that I straight-up lost a championship making the wrong choice between rookie year Ryan Tannehill and Chad Henne.

Never forget that Christian Ponder was the starting QB of a 20 Team Fantasy League Champion.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
So I got hosed at work yesterday and just couldn't get it done.

Literally doing it right now. Sorry y'all.

This means the matchups may literally be changed during the RNF game.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

AFC
Mouthbreathing Retards and Zoltan Mesko won their divisions. Mouthbreathers have the better record, so they get the 1 and 2 seeds, respectively.

Baller Status wins the #3 slot with the best record of the remaining teams.

We then have a 3 way tie with the 7-6 teams: Cow, Freeneys, & Banks. By NFL rules, we first apply the division tiebreaker to Cows & Freeneys:
- Cows and Freeneys split
- Cows had the better division record (6-2) over Freeneys (3-5)

So we're then left with the Cows and Banks to determine who gets the last slot. We're (I'm) forunate here in that there was a HtH game. The Banks beat the Cows. Therefore, The Banks get the #4 slot.

AFC BRACKET:
code:
1.   Mouth Breathing Retards
4.   Blank's Banks

2.   Zoltan Mesko
3.   Baller Status
NFC
Well the #1 slot is obvious and goes to the Naptown Sleepers, who has the best record with 9-4.

We then have a three-way tie for the Joe Montana Division. First step with a three way tie for the division is W% among the three teams. "Solid State Poo" makes my life easy by going 3-1 in his four games against the other two. Deflated Bush went 2-2, "Striving for Mediocrity"... well, did with 1-3.
#2, and winner of the division - "Solid State Poo"

Luckily for those two guys, they get into the playoffs since no one in the Bart Starr/Tony Romo division got to 8-5. We go to the head to head record to determine their seeding.
- They split in HtH

*unlike* for a division tiebreaker, we now go to W% among the CONFERENCE (not the division). Both teams went 2-1 in their games against the Tony Romo division, which makes their Conference records 8-3 (Deflated Bush) and 7-4 (Mediocrity).

NFC Bracket:
code:
1.    Naptown Sleepers
4.    Striving for Mediocrity

3.    Deflated Bush
2.    Solid State Poo
I'm going to update the ESPN right now. It's on you to check that I did it right.

As with last year, I'm too damned lazy to do the consolation ladder. It's usually close enough and no one cares.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
apologizes to Cows, who probably got your hopes up with how long that took

:smith:

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Silly Burrito posted:

Every year I try to do this, I always get my calculations wrong. But damned if I won't try until Jetsguy laughs at me and proves me wrong. Feel free to check the math and see if I forgot to carry a four or divide by zero or something.

But...(assuming no scoring changes or that Quincy doesn't get negative yardage tomorrow night to make me lose), the NFC may actually be simple.

Solid State Poo lost, going to 8-5.
I will most likely win, going to 8-5.
Deflated Bush most likely will win, going to 8-5.
Naptown Sleepers will most likely win, going to 9-4. It doesn't actually matter if he wins or not, because Inglorious Staffords lost, going to 7-6, so Sleepers wins the Romo division.

No other team in the NFC has eight wins, so that's your NFC. No idea who won the Montana division, probably not me.

Mouth Breathing Retards won, going to 9-4, winning the Namath division.
Zoltan Mesko wins and goes 8-5, winning the Marino division.
Baller Status won, going 8-5.
Cows too close to tell with two players left on both sides. If the Cows win, they're 8-5.

If the Cows don't win, then there are multiple teams in the AFC that could finish with seven wins and possibly get in.

I swear, if I miscalculated and barely miss the drat playoffs again.... :argh:

You were pretty much right, if Cows won. Cows losing that last game and going 7-6 ultimately screwed him because the tiebreakers just fell against him.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Good luck Bush, I'll crush thee

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Wooooooo! Playoff time!

JetsGuy posted:

You were pretty much right, if Cows won. Cows losing that last game and going 7-6 ultimately screwed him because the tiebreakers just fell against him.

Hell yes, I finally calculated them correctly. :dance:

Cheap Trick souvenirs posted:

Good luck Bush, I'll crush thee

It's sad to see Montana on Montana crime.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

As the team with the best QB in the division named after the GOAT QB Joe Montana, it is only fitting that I win the league.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
This is likely my fault, but "Cheap Trick" are you Guiseppe Pizzapie or whatever?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Yeah. Call me Diqnol, it's the identity most people itt know me as.

halonx
May 4, 2005

JetsGuy posted:

apologizes to Cows, who probably got your hopes up with how long that took

:smith:

My hopes were never exactly high. Though, scoring the most points and not making the playoffs is a bit rough.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Thanks for doing the legwork, Jets.

JuicedSixFo
Mar 16, 2007
LO, THERE DO I SEE DAN
LO, THERE DO I SEE MY FATHER AND MOTHER
AND MY BROTHERS AND MY SISTER
LO, THERE DO I SEE THE LINE OF MY PEOPLE BACK TO THE DRAFT
LO, THEY DO CALL TO ME

THEY BID ME TAKE MY PLACE AMONG THEM AGAIN IN THE HALLS OF VALHALLA
WHERE THINE ENEMIES HAVE BEEN VANQUISHED
WHERE THE CHAMPIONS SHALL LIVE FORVER
NOR SHALL WE MOURN BUT REJOICE THOSE THAT HAVE DIED THE GLORIOUS DEATH

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

halonx posted:

My hopes were never exactly high. Though, scoring the most points and not making the playoffs is a bit rough.

Yeah, I hear ya. This is the best you've done in this league right? IIRC you're one of our charter members.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

tyreek loving hill :argh:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

3 DONG HORSE posted:

tyreek loving hill :argh:

Yeah, I dropped him in another league Wednesday morning. Who knew?

halonx
May 4, 2005

JetsGuy posted:

Yeah, I hear ya. This is the best you've done in this league right? IIRC you're one of our charter members.

I think this is the first season above .500 actually. It might be time for a filthier name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Ugh, I am going to lose because Drew Brees turned into a pumpkin and the drat Falcons are having one of the best fantasy D days ever.

The worst possible outcome. :argh:

• Locked thread