Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will the Tony Romo Division Finally Get a Ring
This poll is closed.
Yes 3 16.67%
No 2 11.11%
Tony Romo Kitchen Fire.gif 11 61.11%
I am not in the league, but I shall vote anyway. 2 11.11%
Total: 14 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

In for more 'fun'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

Mobile app drafting. Call your kid Espen.

And doom the kid to the fate of someday murderig a 14 year old with a puck? You monster :mad:

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

10th is fine with me.

JetsGuy posted:

just a yearly reminder that we once lost a member who got banned in the offseason for promoting posting fake reviews for his erotic fiction on Amazon.

:flashfap:

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I'm going to waste that 7th pick so hard

Tom Brady?

e: Holy poo poo who did that it is brilliant.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

JuicedSixFo posted:

I mean normally that rule that will always apply. This poo poo ain't normal. Just want to point out that last year Gostkowski (2015 #1 kicker), drafted in the 8th, averaged 10.5 points a game, and scored 168 points on the year.

Latavius Murray (2015 #10 RB), averaged 10.2 and finished with 163.8 on the year.

That is a poor comparison. Kickers are taken last because it typically does not matter much from one kicker to the next, not that they can't put up numbers similar to starting rb/wrs. The top 20 kickers had between 168 and 112 points. Eliminate the best and worst 5 and you're looking at between 142 and 121. The difference from one kicker to the next just isn't that big unless you luck into one of the best kickers of the year. Even if your kicking game is on point and you got the best guy, You're only looking at + a few points over the average kicker per game. Can a few points matter? Sure, of course, but spending an 8th rounder to try and get those few extra points instead of drafting a backup QB that is competent or something? I dunno.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

commish posted:

I haven't done a single second of fantasy football research this year so far.

Can't research for this league anyway.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

No way the Vikes don't get an upgrade from Hill. Coming off a playoff appearance, they won't waste the year. Maybe they will make a run at Kapernick.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

I'd like to request to play those who come in 18th, 19th, and 20th this year.

You're not allowed to play with yourself. Jesus is watching :mad:

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Well if Wilson's ankle injury is a real injury, I am hosed with Goff not being a starter and all. Also 20th waiver order, so I have 0% chance of getting Wilson's lovely backup if it comes to that. I think this is the 3rd season in a row that my #1 pick has been injured within the first 3ish games :sigh:

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Ah, the lovely smell of butts. Wait, that is my team. Wait, that is the same thing.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Welp, 3 weeks in and my season is effectivly over. Yay, new record!

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

JetsGuy posted:

You speak like you've never seen this league turn on a dime before.

Oh, it certainly can, but to recap, with this week's performance I am averaging 60 pts/game, my first round pick decided to play through consecutive leg injuries when his legs are his best attribute, 2nd round pick is injured, third round pick eats rear end and the only other option I have at QB will probably not see play this year. The only good news is I have had top waiver pickup choices, but I can only have so many WRs on my team. Oh well, this is fun :)

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

The only upside to being 0-4 and horrible, I am a lock to get Paxton Lynch when I need him the most. Now watch him not play and the real winner is whomever claims Derek Anderson :mad:

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

0-5, can I run the table? Tune in and find out :suspense:

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

The quest for perfect stays alive. Why couldn't Golden Tate play this good the 5 weeks I did start him?

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

JetsGuy posted:

This league continues to own and gets more and more competitive every year.

Notable exception present.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Lost by 1.1points. This season is epic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Squeaked out a gutsy win. Not sure how the math will shake out on all this, but I think I might still be able to make the playoffs.

• Locked thread