Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

ep7:

:same:

https://0x0.st/BFd.webm

Tamba fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Aug 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
That episode was real good and every song was :kimchi: as h*ck

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

oh yes. so cute. :kimchi:

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Tsmugi's Grand Adventure was dope as hell. I also loved how the magi-girl episode inspired her to go get Kotori with a look of grim determination

She's gonna save her dad!

Grondoth fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Aug 16, 2016

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I loved Kotori's 'oh God I have to fix this' panic.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Ya know, i bet she probably would get along with the Professor just fine.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yHLFTpyZNo

madmac
Jun 22, 2010
Shark song best song.

I was slightly ambivalent about watching the show at first just because I was already up to date with the manga but it's such a drat good adaption.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

As cuteness levels keep rising, scientists are concerned we may be nearing fatal levels.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
It felt like this one moved away from the formula ever-so-slightly, which was pleasant. The focus was less on the cooking, and more on Tsumugi's Big Adventure.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
It's like the writers heard my earlier concerns and mashed things up in exactly the best way. What a great episode, and a musical to boot.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
This is a good remedy for a crummy morning.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Fangz posted:

I loved Kotori's 'oh God I have to fix this' panic.

I identified with it because 'oh no, stress, I should cook something' is my go-to response too

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
That Shark Song was like a very cute trap. Like watching it, it was like holy cow this is really cute but she is going to get in so much trouble soon :ohdear: .

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
ugh wtf I thought I was posting in the shoujo thread :mad:

I'm really not that drunk I swear! At least it's my own thread I'm making GBS threads up.

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Aug 20, 2016

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
An infinitely cuter version of me watching this ep:

E: It really deserves a gif, but I'm not good at that.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Why the hell is the teenager's first response to an unaccompanied 5 year old showing up at her doorstep not to call the parent?

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Nitrousoxide posted:

Why the hell is the teenager's first response to an unaccompanied 5 year old showing up at her doorstep not to call the parent?

She probably doesn't know the number, remember that he's a teacher at her school so having his home phone or cell number might be seen as improper.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

waiting impatiently for the jojo/tsumugi crossover youtube.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

She probably doesn't know the number, remember that he's a teacher at her school so having his home phone or cell number might be seen as improper.

I think they've at least shown text/email between them, haven't they? Maybe I'm getting mixed up with the manga.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Someone has a crush on Tsumugi <3 Sadly, it's only one way. Sensei being the only dad there also seemed super awkward and just a tad sad and unfortunate. Also, when does he get to meet Kotori's mom?

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
Today's episode was good and cute, with some bittersweet bag repair. That stew looked squidding delicious de geso.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Xelkelvos posted:

Also, when does he get to meet Kotori's mom?

The way it happens in the manga would make for a good final episode to a season, but whether that's the way they go or not I've got no idea. It should at least happen though, I hope.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I only learned to cook this year and that scene early on where he learns to cut onions was totally me in February. However I did not screw up the deep-fried pastries later on the way they did; mine were perfect. Well that's my story.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

When I made gyoza I cut the green onions the 'wrong' way and ended up with some occasional big chunks of green onion I didn't care for. The way I saw him cut the onions blew my mind and I'll be trying that this weekend.

But I'm not making the shells from scratch. I'm not at that level and I have a Japanese grocery store close enough to me to buy the shells premade.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
No shame about buying the gyoza sheets dude, ain't no one got time to do the kneading and rolling.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea gyoza is yummy and fun to make/eat but haha if you think I'm gonna make that shell when the japanese market near me has them for super cheap.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

it's the same with any pasta/noodle like product. make it if you have fun making it. but buying is cheaper, faster and basically the same quality.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

:cry:

it's just the onions pls ignore it

:cry::cry::cry:

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
They let kids in kindergarten use knives??

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Safety knives. I have no idea how that works, since I've never heard of them.

I cried watching this episode. And then cut an onion and didn't cry. Something must be wrong with my eyes.

krnhotwings
May 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
We finally get to see mom's face! The bittersweet onion tears...

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
This show is made by some loving evil bastards man. :qq:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Clarste posted:

Safety knives. I have no idea how that works, since I've never heard of them.

I cried watching this episode. And then cut an onion and didn't cry. Something must be wrong with my eyes.

I believe Children's knives are duller than normal knives so they can't cut certain things and there's low to no risk of cutting oneself when using it.

Onions prepared in certain ways can mitigate or otherwise eliminate the chemical in onions that make you tear up.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Googled searched to see what a children's safety knife would look like.

:3:

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
I'm not crying. You're crying.

Even though I know what's coming, and cried substantially more when I read the manga, it still gets me.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I knew that end was coming as soon as he found the cookbook and it still wrecked me. This show can't keep going from stuff like a cute fluff ball saying "meow" to mean the cat paw you do to chop, and then the same fluff ball sobbing into her dad because she finally is figuring out her mom is gone for good.

It's killing me.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I knew that end was coming as soon as he found the cookbook and it still wrecked me. This show can't keep going from stuff like a cute fluff ball saying "meow" to mean the cat paw you do to chop, and then the same fluff ball sobbing into her dad because she finally is figuring out her mom is gone for good.

It's killing me.

Feeling things, is good.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Nya! :3:

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Aug 30, 2016

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
My chest hurt so much during that end portion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowwan
Feb 23, 2011
Me as the episode was wrapping up.
"that wasn't too baaa... :cry:"

• Locked thread