Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

JD posted:

It's weird to me that it seems in Japan that the most universally disliked veggie is the green bell pepper.

In America it's brussels sprouts I think?

Japanese soil is frequently rich in sulfur, it makes sense what with it being a volcanic island chain, and the sulfur makes bell peppers grown there more bitter, it also makes onions stronger and more acrid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Clarste posted:

10 is still far enough removed from 5 that she'd have put on a fake childish affectation anyway.

I'm not saying using an actual 5 year old would've been practical, but it's the same thing they always do except with a child actor.

I'm pretty sure that a 10 year old can act like a 5 year old better than a 20+ year old can, also a 10 year old will actually have the voice of a child. Furthermore even if they got a 5 year old the child would still be acting, still be directed to say the appropriate lines with the appropriate intonation so using a 5 year old would still be inauthentic enough that complaints and criticisms like yours would still have validity. You are presenting an irresolvable problem as a critique, it's not really a fair criticism because of its inherent irresolvability.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

Nitrousoxide posted:

Why the hell is the teenager's first response to an unaccompanied 5 year old showing up at her doorstep not to call the parent?

She probably doesn't know the number, remember that he's a teacher at her school so having his home phone or cell number might be seen as improper.

• Locked thread