Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Dad is so moe that his coworkers have an all-consuming urge to feed him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

This series is super slow paced, and while that isn't necessarily a bad thing given the mood they're going for, I'm wondering how they're actually going to get to all the side character shown in the OP and ED. Actually, how many episodes is this scheduled for?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I thought it was just a pun with his name? Inuzuma->Inazuma

Edit: Technically it's also the girl's name.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

There are several issues: a) kids actually have slightly different tastebuds and are more sensitive to bitterness that adults can't even perceive, b) a lot of people cook vegetables in really, really bad ways, and c) different cultures have different vegetables that kids are "supposed" to dislike. I personally grew up hearing how broccoli and brussel sprouts were supposed to be disgusting (this is a lie, I've always thought they were great) while in Japan it seems to be carrots and green peppers.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Jul 16, 2016

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

There are no bad vegetables, there are only bad vegetable dishes.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Call me crazy, but I find the idea of a 12 year old pretending to be 5 to be still kind of weird. I mean, I respect her as an actress, but it's not all that different from a 30 year old pretending to be a teenager, imo.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Everything Burrito posted:

she's 10, and having an actual child voice a child character adds a lot of authenticity that you wouldn't get having an older actor put on a fake childish voice, it's kinda not really the same thing at all.

10 is still far enough removed from 5 that she'd have put on a fake childish affectation anyway.

I'm not saying using an actual 5 year old would've been practical, but it's the same thing they always do except with a child actor.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Jul 29, 2016

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Safety knives. I have no idea how that works, since I've never heard of them.

I cried watching this episode. And then cut an onion and didn't cry. Something must be wrong with my eyes.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

CryingAthena posted:

I'm also super weirded out by the father calling his daughter "Tsumugi-san" but that might be some Japanese thing I haven't managed to run into in the past ten years.

I figured he was being ironically respectful as some sort of in-jokey roleplay thing. A game he was playing with her, sort of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

The anime also briefly mentions their neighbors in the fish episode (they run into their neighbors, who give them some fish), who got slightly more focus in an earlier manga chapter.

• Locked thread