Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CryingAthena
Nov 12, 2013

a kitten posted:

That's some mighty fine winking there Tsumugi.

Reminded me of my little brothers at that age - couldn't wink properly to save their lives. Kept doing it with both eyes. It was still cute.

We need a gif of Tsumugi sparkling at the piece of raddish that flew into her hands, too! :kimchi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CryingAthena
Nov 12, 2013
As someone who hasn't started reading the manga yet: can we expect to see Tsumugi learning to use chopsticks anytime soon? I keep noticing the spoon and fork for her and I'm admittedly not on the ball about whether chopstick use is taught to Japanese kids at school or home or at what age.

CryingAthena
Nov 12, 2013

Thank you! :kimchi:

I sort of feel weird watching a kid who's so into vegetables, though. Maybe it's a culture thing or I've just been surrounded by kids who did not like vegetables one bit all my life.
Ended up growing into an adult who's picky about vegetables and hence am missing out on some potentially tasty stuff out of a vegetable dislike-instinct. :(

Guess I better get around to cutting little hearts and stars out of carrots or something!

CryingAthena
Nov 12, 2013
I was diagnosed with a condition as an adult that apparently can present itself in the form of a seriously bad tolerance for bitter and spicy things, most commonly coffee. (Can't stand coffee either, unless it's drowned in sugar and cream/milk.) Basically I have the taste palate of a child and to an extent I can't do much about it.

Watching the dad talk about having gotten overwhelmed at the grocery store's vegetable aisle was almost exactly what happens to me in real life. Maybe this anime can give me that kick to go out and try veggie-stuff, don't have a clay pot to work rice and such with but maybe there'll be some delicious dish you can make in a non-Japanese kitchen and without cooking chopsticks. (HAMBURG STEAK HAMBURG STEAK OMURAISU OMURAISU :sun:)

CryingAthena
Nov 12, 2013

Super Jay Mann posted:

I wonder if it's even possible to grow that much hair by age 4.

I'm pretty sure the answer is no.

Well if she was born with a bunch of it and it was never cut even once after she was born...maybe?

A little bummed out that kindergarten drama sucked a bunch of the joy from much waited Hamburg steaks. Kindergarten boys are dumb. :colbert: (Most realistic portrayal of a kindergarten did-too-did-not-did-too fight, though!)

CryingAthena
Nov 12, 2013
This week's episode is a reaction gif goldmine. Poor Tsumugi. But vegetable trauma right after this thread progressed the way it did... :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CryingAthena
Nov 12, 2013
Are my eyes deceiving me or did the animation budget tank with this last episode? Tsumugi was basically twerking at one frame a second... :stare:

I'm also super weirded out by the father calling his daughter "Tsumugi-san" but that might be some Japanese thing I haven't managed to run into in the past ten years.

• Locked thread