Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
boat shoes. we all know and love them. they are versatile, can get wet, durable as hell, pass as dressier than sneakers, and extremely comfortable to boot

obviously best brand is sperry. top of their line is the gold cups. today i am just rocking the very classic tan topsiders that ill post a pic of later when not on my phone but it is by far the most common kind and looks good with jeans and ok w khakis.

just remember this thread everytime you slide into a comforting and welcoming pair of boat shoes but just lol if they aint sperrys what the gently caress are you doin (for a more laid-back, :siren: WEST-COAST :siren: style you could try vans brand boat shoes whatever the gently caress that means)

be sure to include socks or no socks details

thathonkey fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Jul 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

if you wear boat shoes with socks you are functionally braindrain

edit: slipped in no socks

just ray
Jan 3, 2014

by merry exmarx
anyone who wants to is allowed to touch my wiener fyi

sleepness
Feb 9, 2006

I just bought a pair of sperrys that are technically boat shoes but look fancy enough to be considered business casual for work. 10/10 comfiness. Unfortunately I don't have any Lacoste polos to go along with them.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

FuhrerHat posted:

we like to be a bit more accepting around here because although no socks is preferable and the natural way to wear boat shoes sometimes the climate and dress code dictates otherwise :shrug:

PS no sox

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
boat shoe enthusiast checking in. vans for informal, sperrys for formal. socks and topsiders should be an immediate death warrant imo

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

yes these are my formal boatshoes

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i am wearing bilfish 3 eye. 3 holes is a good way to go imo. might wear my gold cups tomorrow but they a little worn out

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

update the op to include vans as acceptable op

LadyAmbien
Oct 22, 2015

FuhrerHat posted:

But,....socks stick out if I wear them...

Also, I'm going to be here a lot because these are my go-to shoes.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

just ray posted:

pretty cool promotion for the boat shoes thread imo

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!
i wear Converse a lot but i have been thinking about getting a pair of boat shoes to be like the cool kids

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I was drooling over some tommy hilfigers but I'm good I got some shoes.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

symbolic posted:

i wear Converse a lot but i have been thinking about getting a pair of boat shoes to be like the cool kids

i suggest vans topsiders for that "laid-back" "west-coast" vibe

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

the great deceiver posted:

update the op to include vans as acceptable op

hrmm ok but i have to run it past the committee first ... hrmm pics might help ?? sorry they are really loving picky

Fishy Joe
Apr 19, 2005
Eat at Fishy Joe's
wearing some right now, i like em

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

thathonkey posted:

hrmm ok but i have to run it past the committee first ... hrmm pics might help ?? sorry they are really loving picky

i have the day off and im still laying in bed so im not taking pictures right now. imagine a pair of sperry topsiders but they say "vans" on them and have more of a "laid-back""west-coast" vibe

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
also feel free to post whatever foot powder you may use (hopefully ??) when going sockless on hot days.

there are lots of no-show socks available that you cant see with sperrys if you have really sweaty and gross feet

mine are of course perfect and smell good and never sweat tho :smug:

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

just ray posted:

oh, I am down for this

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
hmmm nope. didn't put on boat shoes but im still gonna post. gently caress your rules, op. CANT HOLD THIS RETARD BACK.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Iron Prince posted:

hmmm nope. didn't put on boat shoes but im still gonna post. gently caress your rules, op. CANT HOLD THIS RETARD BACK.

that's ok there is always next time dont get deterred or lose hope in topsiders please

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

Iron Prince posted:

do NOT disrespect the boatshoes thread. this is for boatshoe enthusiasts and their fans ONLY

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

i have the day off and im still laying in bed so im not taking pictures right now. imagine a pair of sperry topsiders but they say "vans" on them and have more of a "laid-back""west-coast" vibe

ok fine i put a shout out in for you

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

im sorry i had to be a little harsher there, guess i was the "bad cop" in this situation

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

do NOT disrespect the boatshoes thread. this is for boatshoe enthusiasts and their fans ONLY

sounds like some creepy fetish poo poo.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

thathonkey posted:

ok fine i put a shout out in for you

wait wtf

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

i did my best efforts

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

I AM SORRY i think socks are awful, but you gotta put yourself in my shoes here and imagine you just fell off a boat

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

thathonkey posted:

i did my best efforts

fair enough, i'll take it in the low-key semi-casual way that screams "boatshoes"

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

FuhrerHat posted:

I AM SORRY i think socks are awful, but you gotta put yourself in my shoes here and imagine you just fell off a boat

the one time i did actually fall off a boat i dont believe that i was wearing boatshoes, as a matter of fact no im almost positive i wasnt

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
might wear my gold cuppies tomo

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

or the other day i was pouring water and missed and poured it on my shoes in front of a lot of people
if i had socks on i would have looked like AN IDIOT

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

FuhrerHat posted:

i would have looked like AN IDIOT

this is different from your daily posting how?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
I always do yardwork and gardening in an old pair of sperrys that i decommissioned from my regular work/play rotation. owns. get em wet and who cares dont even have to worry about it. never slip on my deck either -- bonus !!!

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

i would but somebody stole mine and threw them over a telephone wire :(

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

basement jihadist posted:

use a drone to retrieve them for gently caress sake man put your rear in gear and make your own luck gently caress the world

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

basement jihadist posted:

i thikn this means you are dead, rip

LadyAmbien
Oct 22, 2015

thathonkey posted:

might wear my gold cuppies tomo

DANG THOSE SOME NICE SHOES.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
gold cups are exquisite and well worth the extra dough for the amount of styling on suckas that theyll endow you with imho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

thathonkey posted:

gold cups are exquisite and well worth the extra dough for the amount of styling on suckas that theyll endow you with imho

they seem to be made with the skin of the tender baby lamb so its extra soft inside for your sockless foot?

they seem to cost about twice as much so wow it better cuddle my tosies in unicorn farts and etc.

• Locked thread