Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Malikov posted:

this gimmick and angle is poo poo

tna and the irony geeks have killed it

what does YOSPOS have to do with this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

YWCPOS, bithc

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I don't love it ironically

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Still think people would be making GBS threads mercilessly all over this just like every other dumb TNA thing if it was between any other two idiots. But it's THE loving HARDY BOYZZZ so suddenly it's hilarious and great and people claim they enjoy it unironically.

Congrats to TNA for finally cracking the code on how to transcend their lovely image I guess.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Jul 21, 2016

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

no other 2 idiots would have done this. TNA has been a trainwreck right from the start and at some point is going to die a whimpering death, but it's been a sad little boring show lately (moreso than usual, anyway), out of nowhere we get a loving mad scientist with a hologram drone air force and a fireworks fight.

It's still going to die and yeah this angle is either going to vanish or burn out but for now why not watch Matt wild the gently caress out? It's not as if this shitbox promotion is going to do anything else

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Illinois Smith posted:

Still think people would be making GBS threads mercilessly all over this just like every other dumb TNA thing if it was between any other two idiots. But it's THE loving HARDY BOYZZZ so suddenly it's hilarious and great and people claim they enjoy it unironically.

Congrats to TNA for finally cracking the code on how to transcend their lovely image I guess.

Why yes, Illinois Smith, when good actors play roles people tend to enjoy visual media much more.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Malikov posted:

lol

Malikov
Jan 25, 2015
rovert what happened to the TNA sale ?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Malikov posted:

rovert what happened to the TNA sale ?

He can't talk about it. But once everything comes out, it'll confirm that he was right all along.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Still think people would be making GBS threads mercilessly all over Rock promos if they were done by any other idiot. But it's THE ROCK so suddenly it's hilarious and great and people claim they enjoy it unironically.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
"TNA is about to be sold" is the new "Finn Balor is about to be called up to the main roster"

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

ThePariah posted:

Still think people would be making GBS threads mercilessly all over Rock promos if they were done by any other idiot. But it's THE ROCK so suddenly it's hilarious and great and people claim they enjoy it unironically.

Again we return to "yes, good actors can sell poo poo".

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Lady Naga posted:

Again we return to "yes, good actors can sell poo poo".

:thejoke:

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Matt Hardy is the Ian Ziering of wrestling. That doesn't make him a good actor, but it does make The Final Sharknado Deletion fun to watch

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Oh I didn't realize that he was copying the dude's wording exactly, I've seen enough people unironically state such so I figured it was just another case.

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Matt Hardy is the Ian Ziering of wrestling. That doesn't make him a good actor, but it does make The Final Sharknado Deletion fun to watch

I don't think it's fair to call someone a "bad actor" just because they're not capable outside their niche.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
I have no idea what it means to "like something ironically" but The Final Deletion is probably one of the best things TNA has ever done.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Gorgolflox posted:

I have no idea what it means to "like something ironically" but The Final Deletion is probably one of the best things TNA has ever done.

That's a staggeringly low bar but not untrue.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

You either like a thing or you don't, imo, and to hell with whether or not you're maintaining the correct ironic distance from the fact

And, since I have a soft spot for productions with more passion than competence, this entire storyline has entertained me immensely. :allears:

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
This storyline is the most I have cared about TNA in years. I love it.

Unfortunately the stuff in between the Hardy segments confirms that the rest of TNA is boring poo poo not worth paying attention to

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Malikov posted:

if you can't appreciate ranting madmen, terrible hair and fireworks, why are you watching wrestling?

Malikov
Jan 25, 2015

coconono posted:

if you can't appreciate ranting madmen, terrible hair and fireworks, why are you watching wrestling?

oiled up men is skimpy outfits

*sips red wine*

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Davros1 posted:

He can't talk about it. But once everything comes out, it'll confirm that he was right all along.

Yep

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Illinois Smith posted:

I really and unironically like Decay. I really dig Jimmy Havoc and Beer Money. The Wolves are alright. I'm a fan of Abyss even if I can't always remember why. I miss Daffney still. I really miss The Fallen Angel and Kazarian. Both those guys are old but can go like Goldust. The Kevin Nash backstage bit that one of the WWE goons took for his avatar? Freakin hilarious. Aces and Eights? Pretty drat nice. Watching Bully Rae/Bubba go from forever tag teamer to main eventer was great for a while. AJ and Samoa Joe were great in everything they did, both good times and frustratingly wasted times. Big and Little Poppa Pump? Brilliant! X-Division for the fist 6-8 years? Mostly woot.

Yeah TNA has been brutal many times for a long time but not every moment was the Women's Wrestling Special or Drunk Hardy vs Sting or even Joker Sting. WWE fanatics still follow and love WWE in spite of their many faults. Not every album is OK Computer. If someone is irritated at all the new TNA fans? Why? Beats like 5 people making "loltna" in the thread every 6 months or so. I used to browse the thread and hardly said a thing as it just seemed like I was a fly hovering over a dying horse. Final Deletion a retardedly fun angle that has brought some new life to something that seemed as dead as Hitler. If TNA manages to get better then great - if it dies and all this did was help the Hardy's and some other guys that will never make it in WWE a tiny bit more Indie money or a chance at ROH/IWF then still, tres bien. Chill and enjoy the ride. Its the most fun things have been around here in a bit.

Gorgolflox posted:

Agreed. So over the top. I thought Lucha Underground would be the most awesomely camp wrestling show around but lo and behold.

By the way, check out the LU season finale. Pentagon Jr was great and Rey Mysterio VS Prince Puma was bueno.
And in TNA News: Lashley Vs Eddie Edwards tonight for the TNA and X-Division Title. OUR LORD MESSIRE MATT HARDY VERSUS James Storm.

edit:

coconono posted:

Well put sir.

DogsInSpace! fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Jul 21, 2016

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Shut the gently caress up rovert

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/4tzc2y/the_brilliance_of_matt_hardy_is_upon_you_ask_me/

quote:

I have issued an open challenge to Brother Nero Wyatt. I will meet him on either Impact Wrestling, MEEKMaHan's show, the Honorable Wrestling, The New Wrestling in Japan, The Battlefield or the Compound.

Matt Hardy is so loving good.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
If Matt Hardy was really good the last thing he'd want to do is get involved in a miserable heat ending feud with a Wyatt

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

That AMA is amazing and has so much Matt Hardy gold

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Matt, how do you feel knowing you have a lot of fans in the gay community?

"DELIGHTFUL!"

eljackass
May 19, 2004

Caution is a word that I can't understand
Pope always sounds to me like he just drank two 40s of Steel Reserve

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

21 Hoot Salute posted:

That AMA is amazing and has so much Matt Hardy gold

Someone in the thread is roleplaying as Vanguard 1. I don't know if that's the best or worst thing but it is definitely the nerdiest.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

If it wouldn't get him jobbed out for the next year Bray should tweet him, accepting the challenge, but only at the Temple.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Not that I didn't think it before of course, but the AMA proves that he's really put some thought into the character, it's full of genuinely funny jokes and little quirks that would never come up on TV.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
bobby lashley is the x division champion

lol

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I unironically like it because it's fun and wrestling should be fun

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Call Me Charlie posted:

bobby lashley is the x division champion

lol

He wants to win all the singles gold so I really hope he gets a shot at the Knockouts Title next week

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

flashy_mcflash posted:

He wants to win all the singles gold so I really hope he gets a shot at the Knockouts Title next week

Well, he already replaced his real eyebrows with fake ones, so he already grooms himself like a Knockout anyway.

Discount Trombones
Jan 22, 2014
There are some real gems in there:

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

NickRoweFillea posted:

I unironically like it because it's fun and wrestling should be fun

Whoa whoa whoa there buddy. That there is a controversial opinion. Does it take into account workrate or merch sales?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/411mania/status/756318360384573440

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
WHY DOES TNA LIKE LASHLEY SO MUCH

• Locked thread