Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

WHY DOES TNA LIKE LASHLEY SO MUCH

He's the one ex WWE guy who has worked harder there than for WWE. To thank him they are redoing a lovely storyline they used for a WWE guy who tried to work harder than he had for WWE. Unfortunately for that plan his puny body and drugs gave out before he could completely destroy himself.

Also wow Reby that was quite the crazy rant.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Jul 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Discount Trombones posted:

There are some real gems in there:

Styrofoam optional, but recommended.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Who in WWE did the get all the titles gimmick? I know lance storm tried in Wcw and angle in tna right?

That's gotta be a hard gimmick to pitch "yeah I want to be the best and have all the belts, sounds good right? "

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Bigass Moth posted:

Who in WWE did the get all the titles gimmick? I know lance storm tried in Wcw and angle in tna right?

That's gotta be a hard gimmick to pitch "yeah I want to be the best and have all the belts, sounds good right? "

Didn't the 2-Man Power Trip (Austin &, heh, HHH) at one point hold the World, IC, and Tag all at the same time?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Bigass Moth posted:

If you ignore unification matches, Van Dam before he got popped?

Rollins never went after the IC last year

Lethal in ROH had both singles belts for a few months last year too

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

exploding mummy posted:

If you ignore unification matches, Van Dam before he got popped?

Rollins never went after the IC last year

Lethal in ROH had both singles belts for a few months last year too
pfffffffft those sound cute

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Illinois Smith posted:

pfffffffft those sound cute

The J Crown was a unification tournament.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
So? If you hold 2-3 titles you have to win 2-3 matches. Sasuke (who won the J-Crown originally) won four matches and maximized his dividend.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

She fits in the Hardy family so well

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Illinois Smith posted:

So? If you hold 2-3 titles you have to win 2-3 matches. Sasuke (who won the J-Crown originally) won four matches and maximized his dividend.

I said I was ignoring unification deals, where all titles are consolidated into a single defense.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I miss SoCal Val

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

exploding mummy posted:

I said I was ignoring unification deals, where all titles are consolidated into a single defense.
It was only a thing for like a year and Liger even defended (and lost) 1-2 of the belts separately when he had it. After a year Ohtani, the last champ, was contacted by WWF who told him to give them their dumb belt back. He then vacated the remaining six as well.

Also UD, who had it before Liger, even won two additional belts (the NWA one and the WCW one) while he had it, which is why he's wearing more belts than Sasuke in their respective pictures.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Who was the dude who turned all the J Crown belts into belt armor?

EDIT: Of course it would be Mutoh

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

What's The Battlefield? Is that there The Final Deletion took place

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jenny Angel posted:

Yep

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I am still amazed TNA on its death throes has suddenly found the best angle and gimmick in wrestling

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Jenny Angel posted:

It is what Senor Benjamin prepared...

for massacre.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Who was the dude who turned all the J Crown belts into belt armor?

EDIT: Of course it would be Mutoh

That's not the J-Crown:

a) that's not enough belts
b) Mutoh was a heavyweight
c) by the time he started looking like that the J-Crown wasn't a thing anymore.

It's the Triple Crown (All Japan's unified main title), plus the IWGP and AJPW tag belts. I think he held all of those at the same time in 2002.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

So, if and when TNA goes under I wonder if Matt and Jeff could get a slot on Adult Swim.

It would fit weirdly well

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Mel Mudkiper posted:

So, if and when TNA goes under I wonder if Matt and Jeff could get a slot on Adult Swim.

It would fit weirdly well

The Hardys would dominate the Daytime Fighting League imo

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Bigass Moth posted:

If you count unifications, then Triple H managed to smoosh the World, IC, Hardcore, and I think European titles together in like 2003/4?

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

WHY DOES TNA LIKE LASHLEY SO MUCH

Clearly because he's got the look

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Bigass Moth posted:

During the Shield's peak they had Ambrose as the US champ and Rollins and Reigns as the tag champs

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Clearly because he's got the look

That loving headband makes me laugh every time.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

Benne posted:

During the Shield's peak they had Ambrose as the US champ and Rollins and Reigns as the tag champs

Evolution had all the male titles following Armageddon 2003. Triple H with the World, Orton as the IC champ, & Batista/Flair tag team champs.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Havoc904 posted:

Evolution had all the male titles following Armageddon 2003. Triple H with the World, Orton as the IC champ, & Batista/Flair tag team champs.

That's just the Horsemen gimmick though. The question was one dude winning all the singles (or tag in Angle's case) belts.

deep space nein
Aug 25, 2011
I wonder if this is their way of trying to take some of the edge off the fact that they stripped the title off of Lashley for not being white enough and being financed by nazis

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

He's talking about Kurt Angle in tna

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
welp

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/731...-match-behavior

quote:

Jeff Hardy appeared in the main event of Bloodymania 10 Gathering of the Juggalos event, exhibiting some bizarre behavior after his match.

Wrestlezone reader Raymond S. wrote: “I attended Bloodymania 10 tonight at the Gathering of the Juggalos, and Jeff Hardy was involved in the main event. He botched several moves over the course of the match, including one that caused several people to be concerned for his well being. After the match Jeff went on a rampage and continuously set up tables and ladders and began drop kicking or just generally attacking and destroying the chairs and ladders. He also took a cardboard cutout of Arnold Schwarzenegger and climbed up a ladder with it, then pointed to the sky, I assume he thought it was a person he thought was dead. It was just a trainwreck of a moment for him.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHGW8F7b7dk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kopdR_ElYY0

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
One man's bizarre behavior is another man's Sabu tribute.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

"gently caress it up, Matt"

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
When Matt Hardy acts weird people praise him?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
So at this point I'm considering the scenarios- a) Jeff fell off the wagon b) Jeff is deliberately playing hosed up to work the crowds- and both have a significant chance of being true.

This is one hosed up business.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Brother Nero was ordered by his Lord and Master, Sir Matthew Hardy, to put on a performance worthy of the mentality of the Owner Of The Hardy Brand.

So this was done.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
Rip Arnold Schwarzenegger

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

a juggalo posted:

He also took a cardboard cutout of Arnold Schwarzenegger and climbed up a ladder with it, then pointed to the sky, I assume he thought it was a person he thought was dead. It was just a trainwreck of a moment for him
I assume,

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Maxwell Lord posted:

So at this point I'm considering the scenarios- a) Jeff fell off the wagon b) Jeff is deliberately playing hosed up to work the crowds- and both have a significant chance of being true.

This is one hosed up business.

I didn't know Jeff had even got back on the wagon.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

C. Everett Koop posted:

One man's bizarre behavior is another man's Sabu tribute.
Yeah, if anything that seems like he watched some old Sabu tapes.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
From this week's Observer:

quote:

Dixie Carter actually was only at the first day of the last set of tapings, and did all of her stuff for all the shows on that day before leaving to go on a Safari vacation in Africa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

oatgan posted:

I assume,

it turns out it was a cardboard cutout of El Dandy and he thought it was Eddy Guerrero

I'm not joking, that's what WON says about it

• Locked thread