Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

ahahaha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AH390Hljetc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

gently caress yeah dude

Solvent
Jan 24, 2013

by Hand Knit

I want him to have a stroke so bad while he's screaming, but those magic pills he sells work soo much better than :tinfoil:.

E+:Vote 5. This poo poo is gold.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

lmao even they admit it's a pretty good impression

Solvent
Jan 24, 2013

by Hand Knit
I know its kinda tangential, but Tim and Eric seem to be makin the rounds at the RNC. Good Show Ladies!

https://twitter.com/fox8news/status/755595839708532737/photo/1

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Solvent posted:

I know its kinda tangential, but Tim and Eric seem to be makin the rounds at the RNC. Good Show Ladies!

https://twitter.com/fox8news/status/755595839708532737/photo/1

they've been tweeting at steven crowder all week trying to get him to meet up with them lol

Solvent
Jan 24, 2013

by Hand Knit

Karl Barks posted:

they've been tweeting at steven crowder all week trying to get him to meet up with them lol

:patriot::911:

I'm proud to be an American today.

null
Feb 19, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
LOL thanks for posting that. Here's a version with better audio for Tim, although it cuts off the beginning: https://twitter.com/drewmagary/status/755458459999625217/video/1

"Buy my pills...there's nothing in there but powder, nothing in there but baking soda. But believe me, it's gonna make you feel real good."

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

oh my god hahahahah

https://twitter.com/Phil_Lewis_/status/756268658192687105

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

oystertoadfish posted:

is there anybody in american media today who can pull off being the actual hero in network

the guy who talks about optimization

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKkRDMil0bw

This scene made me want to learn control theory. I mean, if the USSR and USA are using these methods, poo poo must kinda work right

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Good lord Cenk almost slugged him.

I was kinda hoping he would.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

people try to tell me Alex Jones is legit and not a :falseflag: but then I see stuff like this

looks like a shady power hungry globalist to me

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

That lady has the same crazy eyes and roiling rage that Jones does when she talks about Obama. Is that contagious or does he just attract people with schizotypal thought patterns?

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

quote:

I'm a pioneer; I'm an explorer.
I'm a human, and I'm comin'.
I'm animated. I'm alive.
My heart's big. It's got hot blood
going through it fast.

I like to fight too!
I like to eat!
I like to have children!

I'm here! I gotta a life force!
THIS is a human! This is what we look like! This is what we act like!
This is what everybody was like before us.
This is what I am; I'm a throwback!

I'm here!
I've got the fire of human liberty; I'm settin' fires everywhere
and humans are turning on everywhere!

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Jack Gladney posted:

That lady has the same crazy eyes and roiling rage that Jones does when she talks about Obama. Is that contagious or does he just attract people with schizotypal thought patterns?
I mean conspiracy theories in general definitely do.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Human

Alex Jones

I'm a pioneer, I'm an explorer
I'm a human, and I'm coming!
I'm animated, I'm alive, my heart's big!
It's got hot blood, going through it fast.
... I like to fight too!
I like to eat! I like to have children!
... I'm here! I've got a life force!
This is a human, this is what we look like!
This is what we act like! This what everybody was like before us.
This is what I am, I'm a throwback. I'm here!
I've got the fire of human liberty! I'm setting fires everywhere!
And humans are turning on everywhere!

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
My rear end in a top hat is tight!

It's got hot cum, going through it fast!

I like to swallow too!

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
https://twitter.com/RealAlexJones/status/762070281238085632

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I always liked how he complained about banks poisoning water but he show sells quack cures

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Alex Jones is maybe the only right wing artist/entertainer who isn't entirely stifled by cowardice and perverse attachment to their own perceived dignity, while also having an earnest and energetic passion for what he does. He's actually saying something pretty valuable about the world, albeit unintentionally. I don't mean all the actual conspiracy BS, the valuable thing about Alex is almost entirely in his act.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

Human

Alex Jones

I'm a pioneer, I'm an explorer
I'm a human, and I'm coming!
I'm animated, I'm alive, my heart's big!
It's got hot blood, going through it fast.
... I like to fight too!
I like to eat! I like to have children!
... I'm here! I've got a life force!
This is a human, this is what we look like!
This is what we act like! This what everybody was like before us.
This is what I am, I'm a throwback. I'm here!
I've got the fire of human liberty! I'm setting fires everywhere!
And humans are turning on everywhere!

This generation's 'Howl'.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

right wing performance art is essentially mainstream now - and I'm not talking about Rush or Milo or Alex, because after all what is Donald Trump if not a performance artist?

what's so valuable about Alex is that he's so much more honest, earnest, and powerful than the rest of them, while still maintaining (only) the most tenuous possible grip on his sanity. that's what the best art is!

alex is good.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Zas posted:

right wing performance art is essentially mainstream now - and I'm not talking about Rush or Milo or Alex, because after all what is Donald Trump if not a performance artist?

what's so valuable about Alex is that he's so much more honest, earnest, and powerful than the rest of them, while still maintaining (only) the most tenuous possible grip on his sanity. that's what the best art is!

alex is good.

Agreed. Alex Jones is good and entertaining and the world is a more interesting place for him being in it. I can't imagine how sad a person you'd have to be to take his gonzo act seriously enough to actually, genuinely despise him.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Cnut the Great posted:

Agreed. Alex Jones is good and entertaining and the world is a more interesting place for him being in it. I can't imagine how sad a person you'd have to be to take his gonzo act seriously enough to actually, genuinely despise him.

Solvent
Jan 24, 2013

by Hand Knit

Wikkheiser posted:

My rear end in a top hat is tight!

It's got hot cum, going through it fast!

I like to swallow too!

Cnut the Great posted:

I'm going to go with people who've had the repercussions of his deluded ideas effect their lives, by means of people who DO take his insane rants as the gospel truth. Personally I'm just as offended by his ideas as I am entertained, offended by every borderline psychotic he gives that tiny little push over the edge. Its all fun and games till someone gets hurt, and while he's not solely responsible for the mainstreaming of insanity, he sure has a hand in it.

Solvent has issued a correction as of 15:18 on Aug 7, 2016

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Zas posted:

alex is good.

Also the whole point of the act is sell quack miracle cures to gullible right wingers.

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

And you, you ridiculous people, you expect me to help you.

Years ago someone had a YouTube doubler with a video of Jones just screaming with some dramatic classical music. There was also one with the same screaming vid synced to "Goat screams like a man". They both made me lol. If anyone could recreate this, it would be much appreciated.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Solvent posted:

I'm going to go with people who've had the repercussions of his deluded ideas effect their lives, by means of people who DO take his insane rants as the gospel truth. Personally I'm just as offended by his ideas as I am entertained, offended by every borderline psychotic he gives that tiny little push over the edge. Its all fun and games till someone gets hurt, and while he's not solely responsible for the mainstreaming of insanity, he sure has a hand in it.

Yeah, this. Interpreting Alex Jones as "Gonzo performance artist, whether he realizes it or not" is funny enough for a bunch of people sitting around an internet comedy forum, same way it's great to laugh at Donald Trump for leading the worst of the Republican party straight into the ditch, but these people and their ideas do have real consequences for real people.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Dolash posted:

Yeah, this. Interpreting Alex Jones as "Gonzo performance artist, whether he realizes it or not" is funny enough for a bunch of people sitting around an internet comedy forum, same way it's great to laugh at Donald Trump for leading the worst of the Republican party straight into the ditch, but these people and their ideas do have real consequences for real people.

That lady he has as a traveling correspondent definitely has something wrong with her and should be in treatment.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Dolash posted:

Yeah, I notice how he emphasizes "speak calmly and be respectful" when talking about interacting with non-believers. Would be curious to know if he picked that up after people like the Boston bombers turned out to be fans.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
alex jones yelling at you, demanding for pictures of spider-man

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

And you, you ridiculous people, you expect me to help you.

http://youtubedoubler.com/M9

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

lol

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Cnut the Great posted:

uh, my good friend who got doxxed and harassed by his shitbird followers after counter-protesting him might beg to differ

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Cnut the Great posted:

alex jones is either a genuine psychopath or pretending to be a genuine psychopath and giving him an audience in either case that isn't 100% cool ironic dudes making fun of him is super dangerous

Solvent
Jan 24, 2013

by Hand Knit
Incoming shitpost:

I think Trump just cornered the market as far as the encouragement of dangerously insane people goes.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/10/us/politics/donald-trump-hillary-clinton.html

Has Jones ever made a veiled suggestion that a political figure be shot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

look obviously right wing crazies are going to exist whether alex jones 'gives them a voice' or whether they 'gave him an audience', it's a real phenomena and we can't pretend it isn't.

I just want to say I very much respect his craft, even if I find the ends horrible

Mia Wasikowska has issued a correction as of 08:07 on Aug 10, 2016

• Locked thread