Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-pB-aOOhCA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solvent
Jan 24, 2013

by Hand Knit

McDowell posted:

If you look closely at Ti and Do's material you can understand how well Jones is crafted as a counterfeit who is boosting Lucifer while boasting of fighting him. That seems to be one reason why I am functioning as a relay - to maintain the balance so there is a glimmer of positive information instead of the materialist programming you are bombarded with constantly. Someone like Alex Jones is completely fallen into ego and error, but he still serves his purpose in this planet's rehabilitative function. Someone consuming volumes of Infowars material might be highly misinformed - but don't condemn them as evil.

Television and the personalities on it are like the devil Jesus warned of - who drives you into submission with threats of physical harm. It seems more objective to be concerned with state of your own mind rather than some nebulous threat to your physical body.
:golfclap:

In the scheme of things, it would be easy to agree that there is some sort of hidden hand in the movement towards globalization, but I would rather not pick up torch and pitchfork myself. To do so would be alarmist, and not at all amusing. I would rather, instead, quietly salute our alien overlords in the guise of irony.

On second thought, you're better at this than I am. Instead, I find my time would be better served by running along to purchase a confection.

:jerky:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
take your meds McDowell

and don't PM me again you creepy gently caress

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

McDowell posted:

If you look closely at Ti and Do's material you can understand how well Jones is crafted as a counterfeit who is boosting Lucifer while boasting of fighting him. That seems to be one reason why I am functioning as a relay - to maintain the balance so there is a glimmer of positive information instead of the materialist programming you are bombarded with constantly. Someone like Alex Jones is completely fallen into ego and error, but he still serves his purpose in this planet's rehabilitative function. Someone consuming volumes of Infowars material might be highly misinformed - but don't condemn them as evil.

Television and the personalities on it are like the devil Jesus warned of - who drives you into submission with threats of physical harm. It seems more objective to be concerned with state of your own mind rather than some nebulous threat to your physical body.

its is known that the (((globalist))) (((sheriffs))) have bought out most of the major electronic manufacturing corps under the thrall of Zuckerberg, Soros and the Rothschilds to send 17mhz subsonic waves in between the propaganda programming to make us subliminally crave their poisonous food and drugged water.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Top City Homo posted:

its is known that the (((globalist))) (((sheriffs))) have bought out most of the major electronic manufacturing corps under the thrall of Zuckerberg, Soros and the Rothschilds to send 17mhz subsonic waves in between the propaganda programming to make us subliminally crave their poisonous food and drugged water.

Deus Ex! The augmentations!

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

His "Totally Not Bill Hicks" surgeries weren't nearly as.good back then. You.can.almost see the seams.

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Solvent posted:

So Alex Jones IS crazy, and just sane enough to inspire paranoid delusions in people who are merely anxious, while giving people who ARE sane a reason to stay the gently caress away. Is that what you're saying here?

If so, this guy REALLY IS dangerous in his role as a demagogue.
Yeah, I'll agree with that. He's the alt-right/paranoid-right version of Ann Coulter, in that he believes a good bit of what he says, but has a strong financial incentive to let the crazy out on a regular basis. It's why those clips are so unnerving to people who don't know him, they look and feel just like real, authentic crazy and actually are on occasion, and he's a good enough showman that it's not really possible to tell which are which. If he was actually completely off the deep end, I'd expect to see his paranoia be far more self-destructive, but he seems to have enough awareness to keep it in check when the cameras aren't rolling.

Solvent
Jan 24, 2013

by Hand Knit
Jesus. There oughta be a law. You don't get to scream fire in a crowded theatre, but the guy would probably stay just shy of the line once again.

Ugh. Sometimes I wonder if free speech isn't part of the reason that we have a mental health crisis in America. Mixed blessing I guess. I'm just sorry that there's no plausible way to troll the Alex Jones network into submission.

As I said before, it's really much less funny when you start a conversation with someone you would otherwise enjoy the company of, and they just unleash the cock and balls out crazy on you. I mean, I'm sure there is a problem with propaganda in the country, and there probably is some high level fuckery going on with the exploitation of workers in less wealthy countries and so on (advertising, propaganda, Walmart, et al), but you can't even discuss it with most people lest the ghosts of Alex Jones/David Ike/Erich Von Daniken emerge. I mean, if Jones actually believes any bit of his tripe, he's really working for the people he's supposedly fighting with his "hot blood.. ect". Poisoning the well to hock placebos. The whole mess of his rhetoric has such a powerful self serving/loathing irony to it...

...oh poo poo. Alex Jones is a Goon! Quick! Everybody! Abandon ship!
To Reddit! To Reddit! The conspiracy is truly vast!

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

There can't be a law because Disinfo agents are on the same.payroll as the lawmakers.

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

Also kinda gross to feel like we should limit free speech because some people bum you out at parties with their crazy.

Solvent
Jan 24, 2013

by Hand Knit
Oh calm down. There is a long history of limiting free speech that's dangerous, I was just setting up a parallel to demonstrate the absurdity of it all. The Oklahoma City bomber(s) was(were) in this infowars vein of crazy. Demagoguery is dangerous, but it also acts like a pressure release valve. Keep it underground and you get poo poo like that David Koresh Waco nightmare.

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

Apart from it being morally spurious to deny people the right to debate whether or not Bush did 9/11, it'd be pretty goddamn retarded to restrict the speech if people whose shtick is that the federal government is iptedsive and wants to take away our rights such as speech.

Solvent
Jan 24, 2013

by Hand Knit

Robotnik Nudes posted:

Apart from it being morally spurious to deny people the right to debate whether or not Bush did 9/11, it'd be pretty goddamn retarded to restrict the speech if people whose shtick is that the federal government is iptedsive and wants to take away our rights such as speech.

Sperg away buddy.

I'm not arguing with your rant about how you missed my point.
Besides, it's our lizard overlords who "did 9/11".
Relax, the global elite has it all figured out. There'll be enough delicious mice and tinfoil hats for all. No need to argue.

By the way, don't forget to check out andro/dna/whatever force, on sale now! :10bux: off with the coupon code "goon"!

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Solvent posted:

Besides, it's our lizard overlords who "did 9/11".

It is a constant struggle in our 'space' between the positive and negative 'minds' - individuals should be prepared for any instructions that come down to them from the Kingdom of Heaven - but that gets twisted into flying planes into buildings and overdriving a cycle of escalating hate. I might be wrong but one way to look at a planet's "recycling" is the idea that no new souls are being "minted" by God - as opposed to the past 6000 years which had more hands-on events, the planet now has a finite number of individual minds being "cultured" for the next thousand years. Individuals still get many chances, but every time the tests get harder in the areas where you "fall".

There's the story of Jesus with the centurion - where the soldier tells Jesus he has a beloved slave who is ill, but his home is unworthy to accept Christ and asks for the miracle to be performed 'remotely'. Now maybe this was the soldier trying to be clever and make a mortal test as a real Godly being would have the powers of action at a distance. Jesus says the centurion has more faith than most people (who needed to see/touch Jesus) and the slave recovers. Modernity has produced a material method of 'astral projection', in addition to many medical 'miracles' - which is part of why Ti & Do and their class can seem so easy to dismiss - that is part of your test in this incarnation and this time. If you know the Kingdom of God you can see how sweet it is and how it is never in aggression - why would it need to be? Alex Jones and his ilk would have you see a 'Star War' - I have reason to see the relationship between God and Lucifer as 'Beauty & the Beast'

Solvent
Jan 24, 2013

by Hand Knit
Ok. Well. You're serious. Um.

As a devout Gnostic I can say that people are sincerely ruled by their illusions. As an amateur scientist I can say that we as individuals are free to explore and define our reality within the realm of ethics. As a mortal man I can say that, well what you say is interesting from a philosophic point of view, it's kinda beyond the realm of a normal sounding viewpoint, and 4.5 posts a day since 2008 is a loving lot of posts for someone with a life outside of Something Awful. I encourage you to seek a world outside of your head. It's not really that bad... annnnnnd all the people I've ever known who have similar viewpoints do a loooooooot of psychedelic drugs.

Does Art Bell still have a show? If so, you should call in. That'd be great radio.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Solvent posted:

Ugh. Sometimes I wonder if free speech isn't part of the reason that we have a mental health crisis in America.

Figures like Jones are more symptomatic of a system in which society is ruled by a class of people, which create a cultural expectation of success which is completely unattainable for the majority of society. Tens of millions are left in the lurch without any kind of support structure when they fail, and they're also denigrated for failure being a manifestation of personal character flaws. Pathologizing failure in this manner naturally leads them to reactively resist that assertion. The problem couldn't possibly be mine, it's a conspiracy of interests which act to keep me and my own a Loser. It also doesn't help that we live in the heart of a global empire, which regularly commits harmful conspiracies against people both domestically and abroad. The government carried out secret biological tests against blacks in the Tuskegee experiments.The CIA was involved in forming various front groups called the "Mighty Wurlitzer" during the 50s and 60s. Municipal governments conspire to cover up the deterioration of public infrastructure which is causing lead poisoning to seep into marginalized communities. COINTELPRO carried out smear campaigns and assassinations against radical leaders. The United States government also conspires with foreign governments to retain autocracies threatened by popular democratic movements, and downplays its military aid to those repressive and reactionary governments.

Yet the real conspiracies which were perpetuated historically and now, just aren't dramatic enough to appeal to the ego of a radically alienated individual. Reality is then downplayed in favor of wild ideas which misidentify the enemy, and assumes an extremely personal malice behind the imagined plot.

Getting rid of free speech would only make the mentally ill harder to exploit for profit. It would also reinforce the paranoia which lies behind their delusional coping response.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

McDowell posted:

Deus Ex! The augmentations!

to our globalist masters, they are augmintations

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Solvent posted:

As a devout Gnostic I

lol

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Don't voluntary celibate shame.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Everyone practicing the same amoral, self-serving relativism of the Archons is just as laughable. A Godless society is highly perishable - which is part of why the USSR no longer exists.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Well if Alex Jones is one of the good guys, then I'm not too sure the archons are the good guys, I mean look what they did to him.

What I'm trying to say is, Hail Satan.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

I thought goons were too mature to mock religion at this point. Especially after r/atheism made it so uncool.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

rudatron posted:

Well if Alex Jones is one of the good guys, then I'm not too sure the archons are the good guys, I mean look what they did to him.

What I'm trying to say is, Hail Satan.

It isn't really an issue of good guys and bad guys, your individual judgement of what thoughts/behaviors are Godly and Satanic is being evaluated. That 'ironic' pledge of loyalty has been bugging me, that definitely isn't drawing mind from The Evolutionary Level Above Human. I just hope people will look more into what Ti & Do had to say, their MO really was unlike any of the counterfeits their arrival stirred up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoVa4KsXT-Q

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7MTTJD3_gU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Jewel Repetition posted:

I thought goons were too mature to mock religion at this point. Especially after r/atheism made it so uncool.

its not mocking religion, it's mocking a guy claiming to be Gnostic

Gnostic is an umbrella term for a diverse bunch of non-Trinitarian early Christian groups which usually have only vague similarities to each other, most of which we only know from surviving screeds from "mainstream" Christian theologians describing their beliefs that may or may not be accurate.

it's playacting being religious, just like neopaganism

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

McDowell posted:

Everyone practicing the same amoral, self-serving relativism of the Archons is just as laughable. A Godless society is highly perishable - which is part of why the USSR no longer exists.

this is word salad

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
'They tell me you're a mad man.'
"Only desultoraly."
'How are you feeling now?'
"I'm as mad as a hatter."
'Who isn't?'

Who defines what beliefs are acceptable? What is your opinion of Raelians? How are they playacting while Anglicans, Scientologists etc are 'legitimate'? Tax exemptions? I'm not looking for that.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

McDowell posted:

'They tell me you're a mad man.'
"Only desultoraly."
'How are you feeling now?'
"I'm as mad as a hatter."
'Who isn't?'

Who defines what beliefs are acceptable? What is your opinion of Raelians? How are they playacting while Anglicans, Scientologists etc are 'legitimate'? Tax exemptions? I'm not looking for that.
You either need to take more or less of what you're on. I can't decide which.

Solvent
Jan 24, 2013

by Hand Knit

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

its not mocking religion, it's mocking a guy claiming to be Gnostic

Gnostic is an umbrella term for a diverse bunch of non-Trinitarian early Christian groups which usually have only vague similarities to each other, most of which we only know from surviving screeds from "mainstream" Christian theologians describing their beliefs that may or may not be accurate.

it's playacting being religious, just like neopaganism

You're a twat.

I'm of the school of thought that the demiurge is a mistaken representation of ones own ideas about reality. This falls closest to the deistic realm of Valentinus. Archons of the world are pretty important to the false creation that we live in, but that's the thing about falsity, or a lie, it's all as real as you want it to be. Of En Sof I can say that there is only that separation which is created by that central, false entity, to use a smashed mirror metaphor, the initial impact site, and is reflected in its smaller versions that exist in fractured apartheid. So many pieces scattered across the ground. This is metaphor is also well reflecting in the parable of the fall of Adam. In the human knowledge of good and evil. In the arms of deity, we are all truly one, and we are all truly gods children. As above, so below and beyond I'd imagine, to quote a song in an album that was inspired by Gnosticism.

I could continue at length, but insulting a person's religion, or religious conviction without grounds is a drat fine way to start a conversation. If I was a better Gnostic, I'd simply accept you as you are, but I'm not.

Go start another rape thread. You'll enjoy it more.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

^what a bunch of stupid nonsense.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Im not-sick of this whatever

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

The demiurge is an alien bioweapon trapped in a derelict spaceship, and powered by an extradimensional consciousness.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The demiurge is an alien bioweapon trapped in a derelict spaceship, and powered by an extradimensional consciousness.

Please do not disparage my word salad religion.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
'Conspiracy against the Human Race' by Thomas Ligotti is a good read if you find the Nag Hammadi to be intimidatiing.

Solvent
Jan 24, 2013

by Hand Knit
Yup. Bag of dicks. This is why it's pointless to babel about religion. In fact, it's probably why Jones sounds the way he does.

It's all word salad if there's no frame of reference.

The demiurge is a concept, it means public worker/builder. Check into some of the works of Jung if any of you are more than failtrolling about it. I think it best represents the fallible human representation of the material world. Frankly, if you want to see X as Y, go ahead. Sure the demiurge is an alien in a spaceship, whatever. It's harmless till you insist that others see things exactly the way you do.

Solvent
Jan 24, 2013

by Hand Knit

McDowell posted:

'Conspiracy against the Human Race' by Thomas Ligotti is a good read if you find the Nag Hammadi to be intimidatiing.

Thanks, I'll check it out. Not that any of the old literature is intimidating, more because differing perspectives add to depth.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

the (((demiurge)))

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Solvent posted:

Yup. Bag of dicks. This is why it's pointless to babel about religion. In fact, it's probably why Jones sounds the way he does.

It's all word salad if there's no frame of reference.

The demiurge is a concept, it means public worker/builder. Check into some of the works of Jung if any of you are more than failtrolling about it. I think it best represents the fallible human representation of the material world. Frankly, if you want to see X as Y, go ahead. Sure the demiurge is an alien in a spaceship, whatever. It's harmless till you insist that others see things exactly the way you do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tc8L-74Ilck

• Locked thread