Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

Knock knock towers down knock knock em down
Knock them towers down knock knock 'em down
I knock 'em dowown
To the ground
With dynamite
Blame 'em on hijacked flights

I'm getting bored with the fighting in the Gaza Strip
I gotta make a new war so we can make profits
Yeah my buddies and me arranged a big false flag
Knock them towers down so we can invade Baghdad

I knock em down-own
To the ground-ound
With dynamite
Blame it on a jijacked flight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

Over and over
The crow cries uncover the false flag

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

I remember listening to him as a young kook. Runs in my family. He was way more sincere back then. He was passionate and overbearing but nothing like he is now. Something snapped. He was.always trying to make a buck sure, but he used to also really believe in fighting the wickets of the world in his own way. Dude got too bug and someone cut him a nice check somewhere along the line because he's always been right wing but he's never been a schill on the level he is now. Good only knows what happened but he definitely changed.

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

His "Totally Not Bill Hicks" surgeries weren't nearly as.good back then. You.can.almost see the seams.

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

There can't be a law because Disinfo agents are on the same.payroll as the lawmakers.

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

Also kinda gross to feel like we should limit free speech because some people bum you out at parties with their crazy.

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

Apart from it being morally spurious to deny people the right to debate whether or not Bush did 9/11, it'd be pretty goddamn retarded to restrict the speech if people whose shtick is that the federal government is iptedsive and wants to take away our rights such as speech.

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

From what little we think we know about the actually existing Gnostics, they were a deeply communal people who ritualized the commons in all things. So unless there's an active community of Gnostics that you're engaging with, you're not anymore "devout" than a Catholic who never attends mass. All you're doing is toying with metaphysical concepts, because there's no meaningful way to even practice your professed religion. It is pure self indulgence.

Seems kind of wrong headed to try to judge the practitioners if a modern religion based on a sketchy incomplete understanding of what its antecedents did 2000 years ago. There are a number of modern Gnostic and Gnostic inspired sects.

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

Gnosticism is cool cause it displays the whole universe as a conspiracy theory. Also Demiurges make way more sense than a good loving creator. Also depending on the flavor you subscribe to you might even get into some sex magick

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Gnosticism is a reasonable reaction to the inescapable conclusion that God is evil, but we're also talking about a people who developed these ideas before knowledge of germ theory and Newtonian physics. The Gnostics were incapable of being able to resist the cosmic manifestation of forces which made their lives miserable, so it was only natural for them to wish an escape from physicality altogether. Rejecting physical reality in favor of an idealized metaphysical state isn't a sensible way to deal with the immediate concern of "real world" suffering. It's ridiculous that modern people would reach the same conclusions after centuries of advancement in science and social studies.

It's cool and neat to learn about for sure, but I draw the line at taking any of it seriously. It's self indulgent fatalism. I don't see why I should respect a 21st Century Gnostic any more than someone who goes stupid from reading too much Schuon. It's esotericism employed to cover up boring ideas.

You got beef with Buddhists too?

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

Speaking as a member of a UFO death cult myself, and an enthusiast of UFO Death Cult discussion, can we get back to Alex Jones and that sort of lookers and save the Space Bros Sci-fi Gnosticism discussion for another thread?

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

I simply cannot abide this much UFO anti-materialism without the promise of SLACK

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

There IS a Demiurge and his name I JHVH-1 and he is an omnipotent alien retard who made a planet of retards and pays us no mind except to amuse his basic rear end brain and the only salvation is to send money to J.R. "Bob" Dobbs and absolve yourself of the sins of the conspiracy, seize hold of your life and gain the ultimate scapegoat.

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

MullardEL34 posted:

Alex Jones and Michael Savage are sharing a shortwave broadcast right now. We have reached the tinfoil event horizon.

Cumming

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

You can be playing a character and still be a goddamn lunatic.

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

It's odd to see people jumping on this lawyer to prove Jones is a fake and ignoring his ex-wife saying he's a goddamn lunatic. As if liberals will ignore the testimony of a woman when it fits their narrative or something.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

I was gonna clean my room but then I ate a big bowl of chili
I was gonna get up and find the broom but then I ate a big bowl of chili
now family court stole my kids and I know why
because I ate a big bowl of chili

• Locked thread