Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.
IPA's are horrible loving garbage. The worst tasting beers in existence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
pop the top off a fresh ice cold ipa then pour it down the sink while intensely staring at anyone watching

then grab a real beer and have a good time

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Ratios and Tendency posted:

What's wrong with IPAs? I like to drink beer but I'm happy with pretty much anything and am not up to date on beer controversy.

Serious Post: There are a lot of them, like A LOT. And every single new micro-brewery or craft beer brand will have an IPA. Most IPA's suck. Thus most Micro-brewry's and craft beer sucks (because most of their beers are IPAs)

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

The Biscuit posted:

lol @ goons out-hipstering people who have a wank over IPAs

Don't tell Portlanders that. We love our lovely IPA's here.

Dzhay posted:

Disappoint nerds who come rushing over to talk about phonetics.

This was too good of a joke for this thread. Nobody got it :(

Kitsunegari
Aug 5, 2013

Professor Shark posted:

I like to drink beer, lots of different styles, it's very very good!

:agreed:

I had an IPA in Florida called Jai Alai and it's my new favorite IPA, but I can't get them in the north east.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

ArbitraryC posted:

Also that image is mostly good but overpriced imports. It's 2016 america has had time to recover from prohibition and has plenty of good domestic micros, if you can't name better beers than those in your region that you could get for a fraction of the price you're probably not as into beers as you think you are.

What are some good American white beers?

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Upton Sinclair's The Jungle but about IPAs instead of the meat industry.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i hope more beer snobs get murdered imho

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
Sometimes on a hot day I like to kick back in the shade with a can of Miller Lite and listen to some dad rock on the radio.

Anyone have any questions? Comments?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Cnut the Great posted:

Sometimes on a hot day I like to kick back in the shade with a can of Miller Lite and listen to some dad rock on the radio.

Sounds fun.

I got some booze here, wanna hang out?

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

notZaar posted:

What are some good American white beers?

That's honestly my least favorite kind of beer so I don't have many I drink (and hoegaarden which is an import would probably be my most generic suggestion so you got me there) but one of the very very few whites I actually like is deschute's chainbreaker, a white ipa.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Cnut the Great posted:

Full Sail has a line called "Session" (not like session beers, though they are kinda that, just called session in general), 12 bottles for ~10 and they're really drinkable for days around the lawn. Look for a plain white pretty flat box (they're stub bottles).

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Macnult posted:

dudes just falling into vats of hops and being incorporated into the beer

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

ArbitraryC posted:

The reason ipas are a popular microbrew particularly among no name breweries that come and go during the current boom in the industry is because they are particularly forgiving, it's easier to mask smaller mistakes with hoppyness.
oh so that's why most ipas are disgusting hop bombs. duly noted

i'll drink the gently caress out of Ithaca Flower Power and Bells Two-Hearted though

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
lol if you dont drink any beer put in front of you

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Y-Hat posted:

oh so that's why most ipas are disgusting hop bombs. duly noted

i'll drink the gently caress out of Ithaca Flower Power and Bells Two-Hearted though

it's also why a lot of people think that as a style of beer it's known for giving headaches or worse hangovers. That's actually just lovely brewing you could put back a 12 pack of deschute's inversion on saturday and not feel it at all on sunday

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

vols bitch posted:

What if it's been sitting out in the sun and it's hot? :colbert:

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

VendaGoat posted:

What if it's been sitting out in the sun and it's hot? :colbert:

man up

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

vols bitch posted:

trust me, I do - beer is great. Untappd says I have had 309 distinct beers. Gonna keep pushing that number higher because I'm a loving turd

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

vols bitch posted:

vols bitch posted:

vols bitch posted:

vols bitch posted:

vols bitch posted:

Macasaurus
Oct 12, 2012

ohhhh nooo this alcohol isnt optimal temperature

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx

vols bitch posted:

E: Slight correction, there was a decade-old bottled beer at one of my old jobs that had stuff floating in it, I probably would not have drunk that

EmperorFritoBandito fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Jul 6, 2016

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Macasaurus posted:

ohhhh nooo this alcohol isnt optimal temperature

I want to pour a boiling hot beer in your mouth.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

- Drink lite beer instead for pennies on the dollar

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

TheShazbot posted:

trust me, I do - beer is great. Untappd says I have had 309 distinct beers. Gonna keep pushing that number higher because I'm a loving turd

Panch posted:

IPAs are okay but it seems like a ton of people only like the adult-Pokemon aspects of craft brews. Let me make a list of all the funky named, colorful labeled beers I've had in my beer-pokedex-app.

You. You're the one that ruins craft beer for me because I can't find one beer I like and drink it until I'm bored with it. They're all one off brews and weird seasonals so you can put it in your dumb app. >:(

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

The Goatfather posted:

- Drink lite beer instead for pennies on the dollar
gently caress light beer. give me regular budweiser instead

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
coors banquet supremacy

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

Panch posted:

You. You're the one that ruins craft beer for me because I can't find one beer I like and drink it until I'm bored with it. They're all one off brews and weird seasonals so you can put it in your dumb app. >:(

Actually no, there are quite a few breweries locally (Portland) who produce the same stuff year-round and don't have as many seasonals. Look up Deschutes, Rogue, Widmer, 10 Barrel, et cetera.

But remember, for a lot of people, this poo poo is an art form, and "not the same old beer" is what gets them off.

Go, explore - find something you like. For me, it's the Chernobyl Stout - found at Tugboat Brewery and that's the only place. So if I want my ridiculous beer, I have to go there.

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

I have an issue with not wanting to drink something with "India" in the name.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Cartouche posted:

I have an issue with not wanting to drink something with "India" in the name.
blame the british. it's called "india pale ale" because they needed to make an extra hoppy beer so that it wouldn't get flat when british ships arrived in india and other overseas colonies

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I like IPAs, and other beers too. And whiskey. And wine.

I think the only kind alcohol I don't like is Tequila. Just never been a fan.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

TheShazbot posted:

This was too good of a joke for this thread. Nobody got it :(

That's very kind of you, but it was actually because my joke was lame.

Sublimer
Sep 20, 2007
get yo' game up

One time I gave a homemade IPA to fellow goon Napolean Bonerfarts and he chugged it. It was funny because I used to think you were supposed to enjoy drinking your beer!

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

vols bitch posted:

What a suprise the SEC booster is a boor.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

double IPS are horrible but im coming back around to a well balanced IPAs that are extremely cold

Heer98
Apr 10, 2009
Hello GBS I am vacuuming up Union Breweries old pro, a delicious salty and tart Gose style beer and it is a 10/10 hot day drinking experience

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
They got tallboys of PBR for a buck seventy nine here. Two for $3. Same price for Miller, too.

IPAs are cool if youve burned out your taste buds with vaping and previous IPAs and need to figure out a way to taste your beer

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

I love reviews of IPAs on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KDBX_ksPn8

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

HAHA I DRINK BEER AND TALK ABOUT IT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Macnult posted:

• Locked thread