Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

it's a shame this cool Portugal team is going to get Pogba'd in the final

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

dex_sda posted:

Not in the UEFA stats isn't it? It's a draw and the penalty contest is simply to decide who goes on (yes I know this is pedantry of the highest order)

True, but only autistic sperglords bring this up and argue that a lesser team progressed.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Hegay posted:

Imo, professional footballers should be able to hit the friggin goal from 11 meters away

well yes, I agree with you that it's retarded but surely you can see why someone would suggest counting it differently.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
Wales are really bad, shambles really

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

mackintosh posted:

True, but only autistic sperglords bring this up and argue that a lesser team progressed.

Sure, but on the other hand the somewhat random nature of penalties cannot be denied. It's basically a coin toss, but without a coin. So basically a toss.

But yes, agreed that by any measure the team that was better in penalties - a key footballing skill - won the penalties and the whole game.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Gigi Galli posted:

well yes, I agree with you that it's retarded but surely you can see why someone would suggest counting it differently.

Yeah I can see the reasoning behind it but 5 years from now it's only IPA drinking hipster with a lisp who'd correct you with his impressive Wikipedia knowledge saying "technically they didn't win"

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
thick lion's mane > male pattern simian

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Congrats on reaching the final of the lovely and fake Copa America Messi, but Ronaldo has just carried his team to the final of the loving Euro, 2nd biggest competition in the world. And made it look easy. Best ever? or "fraud"? UEFA SUPREMACY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Innate
Feb 20, 2003

corn in the fridge posted:

Wales are really bad, shambles really

No Ramsey. :(

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Hegay posted:

Yeah I can see the reasoning behind it but 5 years from now it's only IPA drinking hipster with a lisp who'd correct you with his impressive Wikipedia knowledge saying "technically they didn't win"

I think we are agreeing, friend.

Mean Bean Machine posted:

UEFA SUPREMACY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Congrats on reaching the final of the lovely and fake Copa America Messi, but Ronaldo has just carried his team to the final of the loving Euro, 2nd biggest competition in the world. And made it look easy. Best ever? or "fraud"? UEFA SUPREMACY!!!!!!!!!!!!

this this this THIS THIS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

took it like a bitch but that had to hurt

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Congratulations

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

post your sources

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Not sure wales are going to win this one lads

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

This was hard to watch. I'm hopeful for Swansea and Cardiff after some of the performances here though.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Bale melting down. He knows hes gonna have to go back to Real and Ronaldo will still be the big bro, the alpha male of the locker room, the one everyone looks up to. What a man. What a god. What a legend.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Bad game. Hope they lose 7-0 In the final

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Hell, Wales had a hell of a tournament and they should be proud anyway. Congrats to the Portuguese posters, should be a good final.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Lol, Joe Allen.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Turns out it's tough to get into a Euros final with Jonny Williams and some guy from MK Dons playing.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

CityMidnightJunky posted:

Watching the game in Cardiff. City's gone into complete lockdown mode. I've never seen anything like it.

I really hope we don't lose to loving Portugal.

Wales had a proud run but hell Im glad theyre out if only for this retarded post

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Well, at least Cronaldo still sucks at free kicks

One good thing to take away from this game I guess

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
my belief in it coming home is faltering

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
Congrats Portugal. I'm glad you're in the final. I hope you win.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Portugal owns my friends OWNS OWNS OWNS

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

gg portugal

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Good job Portugal, you did it.

R.S. Gumby
Jul 26, 2007

Utterly useless.
Congrats Portugal on winning a bad game.

I cheered for Wales, mostly because of their underdog status, but they have gotten nowhere.

All I really wanted was for Pepe to do something bonkers and get a red card, as is tradition. And he doesn't even play? Weak, Portugal.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Hahaha we're going to get killed in the final.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
welp gj portugals i guess

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
I'm glad Ronald got zhis groove back

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Bale and Ronaldo :swoon:

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
Portugal is some big time freaking win

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Ronaldo telling his little buddy Gary that he did well and to never give up, what a guy!

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

ephex teach me all the good germany chants and/or marches

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Well it was pretty cool being able to follow Wales through a major competition. Lost to a better team tonight but it has been a lot of fun!!!

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
Portugal won and Ronaldo got kinda close with a free kick, can't do better than that

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

FullLeatherJacket posted:

ephex teach me all the good germany chants and/or marches

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXxkFd3lHaM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Christ these pale blokes' shiny skin

• Locked thread