Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
Today my coat was stolen from work. My wallet keys and cell phone were inside.
I've cut everything off at the knees ( cancelled cards, phone, etc...) But it's still a pain in the butt.
Tomorrow I'm heading to the DMV first, then Verizon, then the bank.
I'll go into more details if requested.

Goons, tell me about the times you were robbed and how it affected your life.

Theif managed to get a meal at McDonald's before I cancelled my cards.

Nice Guy Patron fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Jul 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

are your coworkers reprobates or something

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
tell me about your insurance details

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
Coworker left the backdoor open. We've talked to him about not doing this. Our backdoor opens up to a nature park. We're going to have a serious talk about this tomorrow.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I'm sorry op, that sounds like a huge pain. :(

One time in senior year of high school someone stole my wallet including my debit card and I immediately found out who did it because he bought cigarettes on the way home the day it happened, which I saw him smoking the next day.

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015

s0m3 guy posted:

tell me about your insurance details

Theif has my car insurance card?

He didn't steal the car though. Didn't want Grand Theft Auto I guess?

He doesn't seem to be to clever. Probably a homeless guy. If anything, I'm happy he got a free meal at Micky D's out of this.

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
Sorry you hosed up, op.

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015

CJacobs posted:

I'm sorry op, that sounds like a huge pain. :(

One time in senior year of high school someone stole my wallet including my debit card and I immediately found out who did it because he bought cigarettes on the way home that day, which I saw him smoking the next day.

That sucks. Did you confront him?

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015

Palicgofueniczekt posted:

Sorry you hosed up, op.

Definitely not going to leave all my important stuff in my coat after this. Lesson learned.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

twofive1 posted:

Our backdoor opens up to a nature park.

Question the deer first. They sold my grapes on more than one occasion.

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord
Did you have an Android phone? Google "find my Android" and then track the person down and give them a beatin'.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

twofive1 posted:

That sucks. Did you confront him?

Nah, I didn't have any cash in it at the time and the only thing besides my debit card that was in it was my driver's license and my Gamestop rewards card, both of which are useless to him (the latter is useless to every human being). He bought cheapo cigs with someone else's money like a rube instead of getting expensive ones so I didn't really care. Also I weighed like 100 pounds in high school so I was not going to confront anybody but still

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015

criscodisco posted:

Question the deer first. They sold my grapes on more than one occasion.

Will do this ASAP tomorrow. Can't trust those deer.

Vastarien posted:

Did you have an Android phone? Google "find my Android" and then track the person down and give them a beatin'.

I'm embarrassed to say, but I do not have a smart phone. A friend of mine brought this same thing up too. I just have text and talk so at least he couldn't run up any data.

The thing is, all of this stuff is replaceable (phone, cards, etc..) but I was really attached to that coat. I'd had it for over a decade. Searched all the drainage ditches and dumpsters to see if he'd tossed it. No luck.

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015

CJacobs posted:

Nah, I didn't have any cash in it at the time and the only thing besides my debit card that was in it was my driver's license and my Gamestop rewards card, both of which are useless to him (the latter is useless to every human being). He bought cheapo cigs with someone else's money like a rube instead of getting expensive ones so I didn't really care. Also I weighed like 100 pounds in high school so I was not going to confront anybody but still

I'd like to hear more. Was this someone you went to highschool with or a friend of friends?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It was just some weedy dick in my PE class. I dunno how he got the wallet, I'm guessing he took it out of my pocket after I put on my gym clothes but before I put my real clothes in the locker. I saw him smoking by his car the next day and put two and two together. Obv he couldn't do anything with the card after I canceled it so he never really talked to me and I forgot it happened until just now!

edit: I did want to say something to him about it right after just so he'd know that I knew it was him, but he probably would've put me in a headlock and said mean words to me so live and let live, I say

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Jul 6, 2016

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
Still, what a jerk!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Oh sure, some people will be huge dickheads if they think they can get away with it. I'm just glad I didn't have any cash on me because then I probably would've been more upset.

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
yeah, luckily I didn't have any cash in my wallet at the time. Just cards to cancel.

I was worried he would come back for my car though.

The locksmith was super cool. He changed the chipset in my key so the thief could open the car, listen to the radio, but he couldn't get the engine to start. I've removed anything valuable and parked it at a neighbors house tonight.

4outof5
Nov 10, 2003

Leader of the ULT Right.
Grabbing pussy since April 2, 1994
Let me tell you what's really wrong here: Stolen Valor

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Someone stole my limited edition fallout 3 tin lunchbox from the break room at work. I was p. pissed.

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015

4outof5 posted:

Let me tell you what's really wrong here: Stolen Valor

Right!?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGoJbD-TzG0

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015

Otisburg posted:

Someone stole my limited edition fallout 3 tin lunchbox from the break room at work. I was p. pissed.

What you must have gone through...

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
when do u work???

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
Normally from noon to eight or nine. I'm on the west coast though. This might make it seem late to most.

Or early? It's pretty late here too.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
When I was younger my family was robbed by gypsies.
The phrase "they took everything that wasn't nailed down" could not have been more accurate. They also took several things that had been nailed down including an entire wall. We came back to our house and it looked like the Grinch had been through except even the Grinch left the Whos some bits of wire.

It was traumatizing and we felt very scared and had to sleep in a house open to the outdoors protected only by a tarp on one wall.

Gypsies are a menace and if you ever talk to a European who speaks ill of them he is not "just being racist like Europeans usually are" but actually he's right.

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
sounds like you can legally finger bang your co-workers wife now op

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Why are you wearing a coat in July?

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015

Applewhite posted:

The phrase "they took everything that wasn't nailed down" could not have been more accurate. They also took several things that had been nailed down including an entire wall. We came back to our house and it looked like the Grinch had been through except even the Grinch left the Whos some bits of wire.

It was traumatizing and we felt very scared and had to sleep in a house open to the outdoors protected only by a tarp on one wall.

Gypsies are a menace and if you ever talk to a European who speaks ill of them he is not "just being racist like Europeans usually are" but actually he's right.

Holy crap. We were robbed when I was younger, but nothing like that. They stole an entire wall from your home? I mean... What the hell would they do with one wall? Do gypsies commonly steal walls, and if so why?

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Why are you wearing a coat in July?

Stays cool in the evenings where I'm at, so it's good to have one when work gets out.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

twofive1 posted:

Holy crap. We were robbed when I was younger, but nothing like that. They stole an entire wall from your home? I mean... What the hell would they do with one wall? Do gypsies commonly steal walls, and if so why?

sounds like gyspie on gypsie violence because who else would live in a house with a tarp for a wall

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Applewhite posted:

Was this site sort of mobile home, or did they steal your drywall and leave the studs?

When I was good my older sister's best friend Tracy broke into our house because my sister told people that Tracy liked getting it up the butt in the parking lot after school. She stole my coffee can of birthday money and kicked in a bunch of family pictures while they were still on the wall so there was a bunch of high heel holes in the drywall.

We knew it was Tracy because my old man neighbor watched her climb in through the only window that didn't lock, but he had seen Tracy's car around and thought it was OK.

Also it was totally true about her getting it up the butt in the school parking lot after school. If you're reading this Tracy I still think you're a big bitch because you knew my secret hiding spot for my money and I was saving up for one of those life size Barbie heads where you could do her hair and makeup and I never got one.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
fact of the day: "stolen" means "the chair" in swedish

Alright folks, stay safe out there

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Applewhite posted:

At least your baby wasn't in the house at the time (because they steal babies).

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
A Hispanic kid in high school stole ten bucks out of my bookbag during gym class. I didn't realize I was incriminating him when the teacher asked me to open my bag (I thought I was getting busted for cigarettes) until I noticed my missing money.

Then teacher was like "a yup I sawr him do it from my office" and the kid had to go to the school police. I felt bad because he was a scrawny lil guy with poo poo clothes who prob needed the money more than me. Otoh stealing is bad. Otooh it's only bad when you get caught and there are much better ways to steal things

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Applewhite posted:

Did they catch the culprits?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

twofive1 posted:

Well, we had chained our TV to the wall and anchored the chains with 19mm bolts to prevent it (the TV, that is) from being stolen. So I guess saying "they stole our wall" isn't entirely accurate. They actually just ripped a 6ft by 12ft chunk out of our wall by chaining it to the back of a truck so that they could get at the TV.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

therattle posted:

Did they catch the culprits?

Lol no.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight
many years ago I would lock my car doors so nobody would steal my lovely $30 cd player. Of course, one night someone smashed my window and took my lovely $30 cd player. it cost ~$200 to fix the window.

My philosophy is this: never leave valuable poo poo in your car. if somebody wants to get into your car, they will, so why bother locking it.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

oh dope posted:

many years ago I would lock my car doors so nobody would steal my lovely $30 cd player. Of course, one night someone smashed my window and took my lovely $30 cd player. it cost ~$200 to fix the window.

My philosophy is this: never leave valuable poo poo in your car. if somebody wants to get into your car, they will, so why bother locking it.

At least they weren't gypsies or they would have taken your tires, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
is it normal for americans to walk around with debit/credit cards without pin codes

if so why is america so retarded

• Locked thread