Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

my parents used to jam the handle of a wooden spoon in my eye until they heard a pop and i turned out like poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
Make sure to shove some fingers up your kids rear end while you happen to have it out and are playing with it

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Pot Of Shoe posted:

But she def spanked a palmful of gravel into her baby sister's vagina and got a huge boner from it. How did sister end up?

It was just youthful exploration, idiot.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

oldpainless posted:

(child throws plate on floor and knocks over drink screaming)

We just dont believe in physical violence you understand

(child repeatedly is sent to detention for behavior problems and disrespect)

Spanking is for bad parents

(child steals from family members and is detained by police for tagging and evading arrest)

It's just a phase Judge and he will be given quite the talking to at home

(child burglarizes a home and kills the people inside)

I never could have imagine how he could have done this

DEFENCE: you honor, my client was never spanked as a child
JUDGE: oh good lord, I find you NOT GUILTY and instead demand those HORRIBLE NON-PHYSICALLY ABUSIVE PARENTS to be thrown into the hoosegow for all eternity and then longer

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Nathilus posted:

Make sure to shove some fingers up your kids rear end while you happen to have it out and are playing with it
Shove your entire hand up their rear end and then haul them around town and act like it's your dummy but you can't make it talk and say jokes, just bleed and poo poo and piss all down your arm

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

Lowtax posted:

Shove your entire hand up their rear end and then haul them around town and act like it's your dummy but you can't make it talk and say jokes, just bleed and poo poo and piss all down your arm

hi lowtax, we had a bet where i would be a gbs mod if the blue jays swept the royals and here we are. i don't think you actually agreed to it, but could you give me an eta? i already told my family and we're having cake to celebrate

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

hi lowtax, we had a bet where i would be a gbs mod if the blue jays swept the royals and here we are. i don't think you actually agreed to it, but could you give me an eta? i already told my family and we're having cake to celebrate
Hmmm well I dont remember it but I'll take your word for it, please send me your social security number and credit card info so I can add you.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

now you're all going to wish you never cyber bullied me :smuggo:

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Lowtax posted:

DEFENCE: you honor, my client was never spanked as a child
JUDGE: oh good lord, I find you NOT GUILTY and instead demand those HORRIBLE NON-PHYSICALLY ABUSIVE PARENTS to be thrown into the hoosegow for all eternity and then longer

This seems rather harsh and somewhat unlikely to happen. But I'm going to take your word for it.

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
didn't you people ever watch the dog whisperer? you don't actually have to hit them, you just need to get their attention and snap them out of their current mindset. i recommend putting a pot over the child's head and then repeatedly striking the pot with a large spoon

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Lowtax posted:

That would be cool as gently caress. You could call it achmed the dead terrorist and force it to make racist jokes. Or use it as one of those sports foam #1 hands to wave around.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Can any of you pro-spanking folks explain to me how hitting your kid is going to teach them to not hit people? Seems like they'd tend to learn "hitting is okay as long as I don't get caught" instead

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
A father should be regarded by his children as a grave and terrible god. Spanking is thus possible, but usually unnecessary.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!
"I only got him when he makes me super mad and it's not even that hard!" is done of those magical things that a parent will say to justify spanking but also an offense theyd hit a kid over.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
Can any of you pro-time out folks explain to me how sequestering your kid is going to teach them to not kidnap people? Seems like they'd tend to learn "false imprisonment is okay as long as I don't get caught" instead

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Spanking is bad parenting by itself, but it's fine as a supplement to good parenting. When I was young it was basically the nuclear option. I was always pretty obedient so I don't think I was spanked more than five times or so, never past age 6. They just used one of those wooden paint stirrers, I doubt it really hurt that much physically.

I think there are really two guidelines for corporal punishment:

-It should be done with consideration, not in the heat of the moment. It's like a court sentence.
-Its effectiveness should stem from the symbolism, not the actual physical pain.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Maoist Pussy posted:

Can any of you pro-time out folks explain to me how sequestering your kid is going to teach them to not kidnap people? Seems like they'd tend to learn "false imprisonment is okay as long as I don't get caught" instead

You're supposed to do "time-ins" now, where you talk to the kid about why their behavior is unacceptable and how they can control themselves. It's better because the kid actually learns coping strategies instead of just stewing over how unfair the grownups are being.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
hey guys remember the simpsons? its still on tv

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Pththya-lyi posted:

You're supposed to do "time-ins" now, where you talk to the kid about why their behavior is unacceptable and how they can control themselves. It's better because the kid actually learns coping strategies instead of just stewing over how unfair the grownups are being.

This sounds like a Swedish prison torture.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Jay Leno: So apparently kids can't today get spanked anymore for some reason. The preferred method is through talking and communication which leads to more well-adjusted people who can talk their problems out. Yeah, I know a group of people who do nothing but talk all day and get a lot accomplished. It's called CONGRESS

(shakes his head and laughs in that Jay Leno way)

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Maoist Pussy posted:

This sounds like a Swedish prison torture.

And Sweden has a lower recidivism rate than the US, so ...?

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Pththya-lyi posted:

SO, anyway, how does this teach the kid that it isn't ok to kidnap and interrogate people, is what I want to know.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Maoist Pussy posted:

SO, anyway, how does this teach the kid that it isn't ok to kidnap and interrogate people, is what I want to know.

Because they're actually learning how to deal with the emotions that are causing them to act out, and that their parents are there to help them.

Now you answer my question

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Maoist Pussy posted:

The gently caress kind of time outs were you put in?

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Pththya-lyi posted:

Because they're actually learning how to deal with the emotions that are causing them to act out, and that their parents are there to help them.

Now you answer my question

Spanking helps them learn that the world is shockingly painful and not there to help them, so spanking is a taste of what their world will feel like without their parents' wisdom and authority to shield them.

Namaste. :goleft:

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Maoist Pussy posted:

Cyber Punk 90210
Jan 7, 2004

The War Has Changed
My dad beat the poo poo out of me and my sister as kids (and adolescents). We don't talk to him anymore and I have a lot of problems w/ authority.

It worked out okay.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Who What Now posted:

The gently caress kind of time outs were you put in?

listen I think he's saying we can save untold billions by converting our prison system into nothing but those little electronic pads that beep when the kid isn't sitting on them

https://www.amazon.com/Time-Out-Pad-HD015-Blue/dp/B001IMG5WG?ie=UTF8&ref_=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Has anyone done a study to see if there's a link between being pro child abuse and having a micro-penis? Because I have a feeling the correlation would be incredibly strong.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Maoist Pussy posted:

Spanking helps them learn that the world is shockingly painful and not there to help them, so spanking is a taste of what their world will feel like without their parents' wisdom and authority to shield them.

Namaste. :goleft:

Thank you, and I feel very sad for you. Good day

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*
i will punish my children by making them watch old black and white movies that they cant even relate to because all the technology featured within is obsolete

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*
also i predict language will have changed so much listening to the characters speak will sound as foreign to them as middle english

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

A ILL BREAKFAST posted:

also i predict language will have changed so much listening to the characters speak will sound as foreign to them as middle english
"If ya don't like it, you can leave in a huff. If that's too quick you can leave in a minute and a huff. You know you haven't stopped talking since I got here? You must've been vaccinated with a phonograph needle!" *ashes cigar and raises eyebrows*

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
I will punish my children by turning them into D&D posters.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

A ILL BREAKFAST posted:

i will punish my children by making them watch old black and white movies that they cant even relate to because all the technology featured within is obsolete

I'm going to make mine sit through all my old favorite 100+ hour rpgs when they want to be watching some youtube jackass or bondage or wtf ever kids are into at that point. :commissar:

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
Yall need to learn Love & Logic. That's all.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
I would post a link to it but then I'd be accused of Mangosteening it up again.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

oh that's why you've been capitalizing it? lol

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Pththya-lyi posted:

Lol that you think I'm also going to punish myself by having to talk to the little poo poo when I can just hit him a couple times with a belt and get better results.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

To be fair...
Feb 3, 2006
Film Producer
Spanking kids is for poor folk.

• Locked thread