Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Timboslice
Jan 4, 2008

The whole world must learn of our peaceful ways, by force!
So four of my friends are playing this and have already admitted while they were driving home they were trying to get drive-by captures.

What's the ETA for someone having a serious crash or death while playing this on the road?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timboslice
Jan 4, 2008

I caught a Doduu with a CP of 132 with Aeriel Ace as his special, then I caught a Dorido with 121 CP and Drill peck at 30.

I have 50 Doduo candy, what's the smartest move to maximise my candies/power ratio?

Timboslice
Jan 4, 2008

Willsun posted:

Catch more Doduo to see if you can get one with a higher starting CP level. If you honestly think you already have a pretty high one, then go ahead and evolve it and spend all your stardust on it to power it up.

Thanks, what's the benefit to evolving a higher CP Duodo over just leveling up the Dorido I have?

Timboslice
Jan 4, 2008

Willsun posted:

^ Honestly just start over with Google. I bit the bullet today after PTC login failed to work for the millionth time while Google allowed me in while PTC was down.

I'm totally making up the exact numbers here, but so far an evolution is like maybe a 150-200 CP jump? So if you have a Doduo that started out lovely at like 10 CP and a better one that started out at like 80 CP, they'll be like say 160 and 280 CP after you evolve. However, they'll both have the same limit for number of times you can power them up with stardust. Say you get to do it like 5 times and it nets you +100 CP equally, you'll end up at 260 and 380 CP and you won't be able to power them up anymore until you keep leveling up yourself. So that weak one will be stuck at 260 and there's no way to get it to equal the 380 one no matter how much more stardust you have.

What I'm trying to say is you want to find the highest starting CP Pokemon of the one you want to evolve. Yes, there is a chance you might run into a better one down the road after you evolved the best one you had at the time, but that's how the game goes.

Hey thanks, that clears things up.

Can i upgrade them the 5 times then evolve and upgrade a further 5? Or is it unique to each pokemon?

• Locked thread