Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannedMacabre
Jul 6, 2007

In space, no one
can hear you fart.
The young angry man has boobies on his shirt.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

That is a "get me a BROWNIEH" face if I ever saw one.

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.
I thought she looked familiar but I just couldn't put my finger in it.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Nearly anyone with a famous connection can be a runway model at least once. Beginning designers or designers in need of free publicity do it to get a picture of their show in the press.

She's clearly not sample size, so special measures would need to be taken to prepare for her, measures that most designers wouldn't cater to unless it meant free publicity.

It's like when that guy got flak years ago for claiming Heidi Klum was too fat to be a runway model. He wasn't calling her fat, per se, just too fat for the runway. Designers don't have the time or budget to make a special outfit in anything but sample size just in case one of their models has a big waist, unless it's someone special who will get them attention.

The big names pull Cindy Crawford out of retirement, the little guys get Lena Dunham's doughy sister.

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

Jastiger posted:

she's too skinny for me. wouldn't.

TEAH SYAG
Oct 2, 2009

by Lowtax
There is nothing at all graceful concerning... it...

buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

see its right there in the manual where it says
Grimey Drawer
OH gently caress ITS COMING RIGHT AT MEEE <blam>

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
strange. she could have almost escaped her fate.

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Wilson Phillips cosplay looking good

Furnok Dorn
Mar 30, 2004
SOCIALLY WORTHLESS SHUT-IN NERD
yowza! thats some spicy mulligatawny!

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Runway models always look like they're feeling humiliated and trying to maintain some dignity.

haute_couture.txt

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Grand Prize Winner posted:

haute_couture.txt

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Oh.............. Ohhhhhhh

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
is there a shortage of attractive models?

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

gary oldmans diary posted:

is there a shortage of attractive models?

Attractive models are for print work (ads and billboards and spreads in Vogue). The girls on the runway aren't supposed to distract from the clothing; they're walking clothes hangers.

In the supermodel heyday of the late 80's you saw the gorgeous girls stomping the runway, but that's not done much anymore, and only ever by the really big name designers.

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
When they said androgynous models were popular I didn't think they also meant mannish looking women. Boyish looking women is one thing, she is quite another thing.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

Somehow the music gods blessed me with this incarnation; listening to this poo poo while I'm poo poo posting. Life is Good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZ1JUnxeNBU

Appropriate as I stumbled onto unlabeled NSFW (boss saw, fired, etc).

Also this thread needs some TUNES!

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

This is Rick Owens, right? I just watched it today and I am still embarassed.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Watching a Rick Owens show isn't the most embarrassing thing. Calling yourself out for being embarrassed?

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
I guess so.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

But for real you gotta expect just utter absurdity. What did you think you were getting yourself into?

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
He's also the one who made headlines for having his menswear show nothing but ugly tunics with cutouts for the dongs to dangle out through.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

criscodisco posted:

He's also the one who made headlines for having his menswear show nothing but ugly tunics with cutouts for the dongs to dangle out through.

Art

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
:nws:
https://i.sli.mg/q4t71g.jpg
Anybody know his forums account name

the worst thing is fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Jul 7, 2016

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

^^^ yup that's some art right there

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Nvm.

criscodisco fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Jul 7, 2016

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Man this thread really bummed me out. When is the bubble gonna burst on this bullshit, we're just getting trolled at this point, how are these designers getting their poo poo bought?

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Man this thread really bummed me out. When is the bubble gonna burst on this bullshit, we're just getting trolled at this point, how are these designers getting their poo poo bought?

At this point?

Please explain to me your amazing GBS brail keyboard because you're obvi blind.

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I like how the more social freedom people have, the more they use it to bilk other people out of their time and money and/or parade around in public places with their cock out

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Ehh Lena is hotter by a billion. Good for her sister feeling confident though.

Still crushing on Lena Dunham itt

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

This has been explained in every thread where the conversation turns to runway shows, but here goes:

There are 2 types of runway show. haute couture (high fashion) and pret-a-porter (ready to wear).

Ready to wear shows are just what they sound like: poo poo that actually gets sold and will do in stores.

Haute couture shows are intended as walking art pieces, inspirations from what is influencing the ready to wear line that season. It's never intended to be sold, although occasionally a celeb will want to wear some crazy number to an event and it will be resized and loaned out. But you'll never see it in stores. That's the show that usually make the news.

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
*Taps chin thoughtfully* Walking... fart pieces

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

criscodisco posted:

This has been explained in every thread where the conversation turns to runway shows, but here goes:

There are 2 types of runway show. haute couture (high fashion) and pret-a-porter (ready to wear).

Ready to wear shows are just what they sound like: poo poo that actually gets sold and will do in stores.

Haute couture shows are intended as walking art pieces, inspirations from what is influencing the ready to wear line that season. It's never intended to be sold, although occasionally a celeb will want to wear some crazy number to an event and it will be resized and loaned out. But you'll never see it in stores. That's the show that usually make the news.

Oh no, I get what Haute Couture is, I just don't know how that inspires anyone. It's the same poo poo that gets brought up about abstract art, but at least with that, you don't have the uncanny valley feeling due there being a person under all that poo poo.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
some angsty, bitter tits

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Blacktoll posted:

some angsty, bitter tits

Yeah man, those are the most pissed off tits I've ever seen. It's like they're challenging me to a fight.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Oh no, I get what Haute Couture is, I just don't know how that inspires anyone. It's the same poo poo that gets brought up about abstract art, but at least with that, you don't have the uncanny valley feeling due there being a person under all that poo poo.

I don't know. Some of us just really like it? :milkie:

Also, it costs them money to put on the shows and nothing is for sale so who's it hurting?

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

That looks like my motorcycle racing jacket.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

criscodisco posted:

I don't know. Some of us just really like it? :milkie:

Also, it costs them money to put on the shows and nothing is for sale so who's it hurting?

*sighs disapprovingly* ok, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

• Locked thread