Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
she's all weird about gender and sexuality but that has nothing to do with being hosed by a troll as a child

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Pot Of Shoe posted:

I haven't heard about those, the pebbles in the vagina thing is the only thing that people talk about. Can you post some sources?

A Molester posted:

I shared a bed with my sister, Grace, until I was seventeen years old. She was afraid to sleep alone and would begin asking me around 5:00 P.M. every day whether she could sleep with me. I put on a big show of saying no, taking pleasure in watching her beg and sulk, but eventually I always relented. Her sticky, muscly little body thrashed beside me every night as I read Anne Sexton, watched reruns of SNL, sometimes even as I slipped my hand into my underwear to figure some stuff out.

imagine a male celebrity saying this poo poo

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Pot Of Shoe posted:

Idk, she gives no indication she was thinking about her sister while she was masturbating, nor was she touching her sister while doing it. Again, it's gross, but not in a molestery way. Maybe I'm just defending her because I grew up with two sisters and some of the stuff that happened was pretty awkward. Also, with my female cousins. When you are young and there are other young people around and you are developing mentally and physically sometimes things aren't handled properly by your brain. I also, 100% feel that a man saying similar things about their childhood would be just as gross, but normal.

I dunno, if Justin Timberlake wrote a book where he described playing with his sister's vagina and then rubbing one out while her "sticky, muscly little body thrashed" in bed next to him it would pretty much end his career

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Pot Of Shoe posted:

You seem to be very passionate about this, but context is important. At 7 years old, with no sexual purpose just child curiosity about her own and her sister's body, she pried her sister's labia apart. Her exploration of her sister's genitalia is not sexual, though I understand it's hard to divorce genital touching from sexuality keep in mind that this was at an age where such things are completely normal. At that age you have no idea what sex is, or what the purpose of a vagina is. It should have been up to her mother to explain to her that that is not appropriate using language that a seven year old can understand. Then, in a later incident, she admits that she sometimes would masturbate with her sister sleeping next to her. Her comments on her sister's body don't seem sexual to me, just that it was there and moving around. Again, this happened when she was still a minor, albeit one who should know to take her solo congress to a bathroom, but it's like when I would masturbate when everyone was asleep around me at a sleepover. That is very anecdotal, I realize, but it seems pretty similar in my mind so...idk. Lena also has a way of being blase about her descriptions and perhaps not understanding how the language she uses can put suggestions into people's minds about what went on. Though I don't particularly like how abrasive she can be, nor do I particularly enjoy the preachiness of Girls I cannot find a predatory red-flag or a concrete example of sexual molestation. Given my own childhood and the anecdotes I've gleaned from those both in my family and friends, maybe I am really just a child-molester/molestation-victim/molestation enabler.

whoa lookit that text brick

also it should be pointed out that a bunch of editors and other adults read her book before it was published and presumably were all like "yeah this is good, go with it" which is pretty nuts to me as well so maybe I am the outsider here

still would never ever leave Lena alone with children

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
Cosby's got fungus neck like that one fat chick

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
white people are only allowed to eat mayonnaise on Wonder Bread, anything else and you might as well be a skinhead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

The_Franz posted:

mayonnaise is believed to have originated in spain so unless you're spanish it's off limits.

no it was invented by Napoleon because he wanted a cream-like sauce that wouldn't spoil quickly

• Locked thread