Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

ElectricSheep posted:

Guess it's really all about who you know

Having rich artist parents isn't a networking success story

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
You know who else thought forward-thinking artistic displays were offensive and degenerate? Morons.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
If it wasn't for Lena I'd have never known drat Daniel was gay.

Also she got super triggered by Kanyes music video Famous, which is funny

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
It would be hilarious if Kanye puts a wax figure of Lena (that's redundant, lol) in his next video.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
I watched season one of Girls and even enjoyed it but the worst part is far and away the selfish behavior shown as acceptable.

I recall episode one focusing on Lena getting cut off financially, and this being a development we the audience should sympathize with.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Pththya-lyi posted:

Why can't Rachel Bloom be the chubby millennial JAP comedy queen? She tells the same kind of jokes WHILE singing and dancing AND she hasn't molested anybody AFAIK

I mean, check out this :nws: ear worm:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gONl3jXrzBE

Otoh musical comedy bits often fail at both ends

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Pvt.Scott posted:

Sure. There's also plenty of incredibly pleasing women near me, and not in the Jastiger sense. I think people just forget that the vast press of humanity is just plain goddamned unattractive since all we see in books and movies and the Internet are generally curated pretty people. It's not just morbid obesity or whatever obvious ailment, a lot of people just have asymmetrical features or features set at weird loving angles, weird limbs, unpleasant body shapes, hair in strange places, lazy eyes,lovely skin, bald patches, blemishes and a billion other things. There's an even more insidious truth. A lot of people look relatively ok once they leave their late teens and might even become quite attractive in mid/late twenties. Unless you won the genetic lottery though, your pleasing form will quickly fall apart into nightmare of collapsing flesh and failing organs. Count yourself lucky if you even find yourself a woman to marry who could be generously called "handsome." Embrace oblivion. gently caress 4s

pump your brakes goon

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

SpaceAceJase posted:

She goes by Simon now,

https://twitter.com/simongdunham/status/529316552840314880

And a little extract from her website:

Woof. Do you ever meet someone who is well read and intelligent, but only in a narrow field of study to the detriment of their general knowledge (aka every engineer I've ever met)

quote:

. I have an intimate relationship with a black trans activist, Reina, who by being in a public collaborative relationship with me validates my perspective and—despite my whiteness, my class, and my proximity to fame—makes my critique of power seem legitimate in ways it otherwise might not

How dumb

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
me reading Jastigers posts irl:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
That's just Oberlin being Oberlin. Everyone I've met from that school either buys into the new social justice, or half heartedly supports those who do.

Hint: they're all rich kids with awareness but no struggle

• Locked thread