Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shaquin posted:

*Taps chin thoughtfully* Walking... fart pieces

haha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pot Of Shoe posted:

You seem to be very passionate about this, but context is important.

• At 7 years old, with no sexual purpose just child curiosity about her own and her sister's body, she pried her sister's labia apart. Her exploration of her sister's genitalia is not sexual, though I understand it's hard to divorce genital touching from sexuality keep in mind that this was at an age where such things are completely normal. At that age you have no idea what sex is, or what the purpose of a vagina is. It should have been up to her mother to explain to her that that is not appropriate using language that a seven year old can understand.

• Then, in a later incident, she admits that she sometimes would masturbate with her sister sleeping next to her. Her comments on her sister's body don't seem sexual to me, just that it was there and moving around. Again, this happened when she was still a minor, albeit one who should know to take her solo congress to a bathroom, but it's like when I would masturbate when everyone was asleep around me at a sleepover. That is very anecdotal, I realize, but it seems pretty similar in my mind so...idk. Lena also has a way of being blase about her descriptions and perhaps not understanding how the language she uses can put suggestions into people's minds about what went on.

Though I don't particularly like how abrasive she can be, nor do I particularly enjoy the preachiness of Girls I cannot find a predatory red-flag or a concrete example of sexual molestation. Given my own childhood and the anecdotes I've gleaned from those both in my family and friends, maybe I am really just a:
  • child-molester
  • molestation-victim
  • molestation enabler

EDITed to MAKE it easier to read

what the gently caress tell me you didn't write this out yourself

• Locked thread