Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Man this thread really bummed me out. When is the bubble gonna burst on this bullshit, we're just getting trolled at this point, how are these designers getting their poo poo bought?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

criscodisco posted:

This has been explained in every thread where the conversation turns to runway shows, but here goes:

There are 2 types of runway show. haute couture (high fashion) and pret-a-porter (ready to wear).

Ready to wear shows are just what they sound like: poo poo that actually gets sold and will do in stores.

Haute couture shows are intended as walking art pieces, inspirations from what is influencing the ready to wear line that season. It's never intended to be sold, although occasionally a celeb will want to wear some crazy number to an event and it will be resized and loaned out. But you'll never see it in stores. That's the show that usually make the news.

Oh no, I get what Haute Couture is, I just don't know how that inspires anyone. It's the same poo poo that gets brought up about abstract art, but at least with that, you don't have the uncanny valley feeling due there being a person under all that poo poo.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Blacktoll posted:

some angsty, bitter tits

Yeah man, those are the most pissed off tits I've ever seen. It's like they're challenging me to a fight.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

criscodisco posted:

I don't know. Some of us just really like it? :milkie:

Also, it costs them money to put on the shows and nothing is for sale so who's it hurting?

*sighs disapprovingly* ok, I guess.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Lot more misogynistic alt right poo poo heads in GBS lately, that is true. But Lena Dunham is like the most self indulgent terrible hill to die on in the defense of women.

I agree that a lot of the criticism is bullshit and based on the same old gamer gate angry white dude poo poo, but she sure does make it easy to fall into that. It's a good litmus test though.

And u even watched girls. I think it's an ok show, but Lena is the worst part about it. Maybe she's triggering ME

• Locked thread