Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Vanilla Sky was... unfortunate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
He was bafass in Collateral, awesome movie

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Serious Frolicking posted:

i think it is good when actors are completely loving nuts

same and he should play a villain more because he's real good at it

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Jose posted:

same and he should play a villain more because he's real good at it

When did he play a villain?

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Cartouche posted:

Collateral

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
When a gay man goes out looking for other gay men to have sex with he calls it cruising. Makes you think.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
arent all hollywoodians at least a lil bit gay

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Hahaha, I bet you thought Nicholson was a villain in A Few Good Men too. :smug:

You clearly cannot handle the truth.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Cartouche posted:

Hahaha, I bet you thought Nicholson was a villain in A Few Good Men too. :smug:

You clearly cannot handle the truth.

Sly edit. Maybe villains and heroes can be as one sometimes. Maybe what's right and wrong aren't always crystal clear. Just like Tom Cruise in A Few Good Men.

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

King of Bees posted:

Sly edit. Maybe villains and heroes can be as one sometimes. Maybe what's right and wrong aren't always crystal clear. Just like Tom Cruise in A Few Good Men.

Truth suffers from too much analysis.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Cartouche posted:

Truth suffers from too much analysis.

IKR. Sometimes ya just gotta call a code red. Beltway bandits be damned.

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer
More like Tom Bad!!!!!

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR

Cartouche posted:

thats just him do not confuse the man on the screen with his real life presence which must be respected.

reported for being anti-actor

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I saw a magazine cover the other day claiming Tom Cruise had met a new woman and was leaving scientology.

I hope it's true but I doubt it.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
He'll never leave. If he did the church would make public every terrible thing he's ever done. They'd go scorched Earth on him. That's also why John Travolta hasn't left even though he's wanted to for decades.

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

I didn't want to see Edge of Tomorrow bc he was in it but good lord that movie was loving great.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

psychokitty posted:

I didn't want to see Edge of Tomorrow bc he was in it but good lord that movie was loving great.

Every Tom Cruise movie is fuckin great.

LadyAmbien
Oct 22, 2015
His off centre teeth make me go mental. I also remember reading Rob Lowe's autobiography which includes stories about Tom Cruise when they were making The Outsiders together and he sounded like a weirdo even as a teenager. Isn't he not allowed to see his child with Katie Holmes because he basically kidnapped her for years?

psychokitty posted:

Also - agreed. That was probably one of the only movies that I'm able to watch with him in it.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
I hope he never loses his faith, it's the reason he believes he has super powers and does insane stunts n poo poo, if he ever got deconverted he'd be all lame and afraid of dying

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

he's always gonna be the crazy dude that bought into dianetics for me. He is a fair actor and makes some good films, but just let them expose whatever it is you are ashamed of and stop letter the crazies control your life.

He must be a child fucker or a true believer... what else could keep someone in lock step with a group of insanes for over a decade? The mail must be quite black.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

LadyAmbien posted:

Also - agreed. That was probably one of the only movies that I'm able to watch with him in it.

He is quite capable of and has made some amazing films but I question the motive and his sanity! I'm totally sane.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

Wendigee posted:

He must be a child fucker or a true believer... what else could keep someone in lock step with a group of insanes for over a decade? The mail must be quite black.

It is really mostly likely literally just because he is gay, which makes it more sad and funny with every passing year

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

The Protagonist posted:

It is really mostly likely literally just because he is gay, which makes it more sad and funny with every passing year

yeah that would just be loving sad.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
I'm the homoerotic volley ball scene from Top Gun ITT.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQFzHrridw8

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

A very pro click

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Jukeboxblues posted:

More like Tom Bad!!!!!

:shittypop:

Whoa!

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
gonna watch edge of tomorrow tonight and watch that chick do planks

HP Hovercraft
Jan 1, 2006

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
i'd say Eyes Wide Shut is his best performance because he fits playing that privileged manchild so well and his wooden acting works well with Kubrick's style.

also Risky Business is still fun and has a kickass Tangerine Dream soundtrack to boot!

Dr Dracula
Oct 30, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Grimey Drawer
a correct op (possibly a scarce thing but perhaps i don't read enough threads)

the fact that kubrick, a man who couldn't do less than top tier life-affirmation if he tried, cast him in such a prominent role should be all anyone needs to know about whether cruise is talented

Superior Bastard
Jun 5, 2004

I wanna be on you.

Tom's best performance was when he played a heterosexual male in love with Katie Holmes while on Oprah.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
All I know about Tom Cruise is that his movies are reliably entertaining, and his crews don't say lovely things about him.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

psychokitty posted:

I can't even imagine what level of hosed up you'd have to be to not want to watch a movie because Tom Cruise was in it.

Drad_Bert
Jun 26, 2013

by Smythe
Tom gay

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
My buddys nickname is Tom Cruise he got it from a clown who had recently watched Top Gun

SD87
Jun 7, 2011
Tom cruise in tropic thunder is the greatest cameo of all time.

verdigris murder
Jul 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Every year, he spends some quality time alone on his private island being hunted by a pack of gay black dudes.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

what happens if tom cruise and will smith are in the same movie

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

since theyre the same scientology robot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001
Tom Cruise was awesome with Christian Slater in Broken Arrow

• Locked thread