Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

This is probably controversial, but when police nationwide are just murdering people and escalating to the use of deadly force when it's entirely unnecessary, I think they should be afraid of reprisal. The same kind of reprisal. The kind where they're shot and killed just like so many police are shooting and killing people who don't deserve to die. They should not feel invincible. Being a police officer should be a civic duty. It should be a burden. It should be something that when you wear that badge you represent the best of your city and the best in america, acting for the safety of all people, and those who abuse that badge, or use it to get away with shooting black people who were already on the ground and in a non threatening position- they should absolutely be afraid for their own lives. They should fear reprisal. They should have sleepless nights with a gun under their pillow waiting for someone with a mind for vengeance to come and return the favor for their murder.

I like police. They do a good job, but when one cop abuses the badge it reflects on the whole force, especially since nothing ever gets done to the abusers, and their failure to handle this properly themselves. The failure of the justice system to properly handle them, means the only recourse left is the hope that society will hit them back, and make them afraid to clock in every morning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

lovely jobs that paid respectable wages used to exist a lot more. They are called manufacturing and industry jobs, and they still exist, in declining numbers. I've worked for tyson and el monterey shovelling their garbage into boxes for several bucks over minimum wage, el monterey's parent company is actually pretty good too, but we gave the majority of these away because 'service jobs are representative of a modern economy' because clearly those industry workers are psychologically, culturally fit for a corporate work space. The buying power of minimum wage is way down, factually, this is true, and if minimum wage had the same buying power it did in the 70s we'd probably have starting wages somewhere in the $20s but i dont remember the actual number.

So here's the deal, I shovelled poo poo in retail for a long time, and even did a call center job that still gives me nightmares, and I've been much happier in factory work, even though it's less dignified or whatever, because I do not get along with corporate settings or people at all and its dehumanizing nature. I was literally a cog in a machine, my job easily replacable by robots, the person giving me orientation even candidly admitting he didn't know why the company hadn't automated like half its work force like his previous employers did, because it's actually more profitable that way.

Maybe they saw some kind of merit in employing people in the area their factory operated? Who knows, but I know my job and the job of 90% of my co workers are something a machine can and does do in other companies, it was a weird patronizing courtesy i was being paid a livable wage with nice benefits to do a redundant task, while people shovel poo poo for minimum wage in call centers and retail and service jobs, ostensibly doing work that's not so easily replaced, and therefore more essential than what I did there.

Anyway the point is the value of labor is arbitrary and lovely jobs exist so that people capable of doing complex tasks don't have to waste their time with the menial labor their projects generate, but this is a two way street and there's no reason to devalue the rear end in a top hat taking your money behind the counter just because you're A Very Important Hiring Manager For A Very Serious Company. Maybe you deserve more pay, I don't know, but you don't have the right to dictate what another person's job is actually worth. And yeah, any job is worth more than 7.25 an hour.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Darth123123 posted:

lol found ur issue and your incorrect, I do get to set what someone works for me gets paid. Above minimum at least. And it's 10$ here. We reg pay call center people 12.

most I ever made was $8 taking calls. Nobody ever acted like a human being above us grunts. Very personal, anecdotal thing but my factory jobs felt like I was actually doing something, even if it was some loving redundant task that should've been automated, and my co workers and bosses, did not act like robots, and Everywhere I've had a job that was business casual instead of bluejeans and work boots was insufferable in that way. If you don't see it you're part of the problem and should probably be first against the wall

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Construction is weird. My uncle does construction surveying, half the year he is in north dakota or some shithole and other times he's in the rear end end of dallas, and he loves it but he's that kind of guy. I have no love for the north dakotas of the world. most people don't.

I don't know if all construction work is that migratory, but I do have the basic understanding that if you get hired on for building some major project like a highway renovation that's behind deadlines, you're not being hired for the career, and idk like I said happiness is important to me and stability is part of that, knowing i'll be out of work or moving to follow the work would be lovely and stressful, dealing with cost of living changes chasing work between states and economic situations would be weird and lovely too.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

The WPA still exists, legally, and just needs to be funded. The WPA could literally be reformed with congressional budget appropriations, and an appointment from the president or something.

Labor is dead in this country, everyone wants to bitch about the lack of jobs and crumbling infrastructure then congresspeople give the contract to someone with the lowest bid who will do it with the least amount of overhead meaning the least amount of people are being hired.

The WPA could just exist, and things like the interstate could have more workers fixing that poo poo than the government would know what to do with. People would be digging holes and filling them back up for pay, and it would be awesome. I would dig holes for $15 and govt benefits.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Dubplate Fire posted:

Why didn't black people vote for Bernie Sanders? Why did Spike Lee have to make that video urging minorities to vote for Bernie?

i find it unthinkable that conservative states with conservative minorities would favor the more conservative candidate that they are more familliar with. Then, white people over analyzed this and discussed it in disgusting ways, pissing off black people who would otherwise probably be on board in more liberal states.

Also apparently antisemitism is a bigger thing than i realized in the u.s.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Dubplate Fire posted:

You don't have to be a dick I was really asking.

im sorry then, D&D broke me after having this discussion a million god drat times iwth 100% insincere shitheads.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

i live in a low income town in the cheapest part of the state without literally living in the west texas wasteland where there are literally no jobs unless you want to rustle cattle like an old timey villain and risk being hung in the town square by the county marshal. The ghettos of dallas are actually more expensive, but no 40 hour minimum wage does not meet my cost of living, and yeah there's no republican gay rear end stereotype to fall on here, rent a center is poison, i don't have tv, i have the cheapest internet that's available, i have a loving landline and pay as you go burner phones i've collected over the years to compensate for the times when i frequently still can't afford to pay internet/phone that month. Hope this helps you loving delusional retards.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

DrPlump posted:

The rich would just bury the money in the desert I have already seen a show about this.

we've got some pretty sweet civil forfeiture laws police use to rob poor ppl that cant afford to hire attorneys who can wrangle the bizarre legal poo poo that's grown up around it, and we could really stand to weaponize that on wall street type criminals to line the coffers of the treasury maybe take property away from investors and return it to a proper citizenry for example or sieze things like factories and resume operations for public benefit producing goods at material cost to create a price ceiling, also some rent controls would be good bring those back, like i said the wpa is still there on paper, technically. we have everything we need to fix this honestly.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

There are certifications you need for operating a lot of equipment although im sure things like highway and poo poo maybe still require dumb grunt labor running in work convoys but honestly i doubt its a free for all its just rear end kicking real rear end hard labor with skin cancer and broken bones and workmans comp and making sure your pee will never be dirty from the joint you smoked over the weekend when you get hurt becomes a thing instead of being a waiver you sign to forfeit.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

george w bush spoke at a service in dallas today & i just wish he never ran against ann richards because he kind of rules as a retarded old grandpa

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

How would a pawn shop be able to determine an item was stolen in every case. Also, couldn't you scam pawn shops by faking burglaries

it relies on pawn shops self reporting, there is software, and police can run stuff sold at pawn shops against stolen items and potentially match something to a license. and usually they do, especially firearms and expensive electronics, but they may not always, idk what they have to do versus what they mostly do.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I'm glad people are cooking up baby's first scam ITT but they should know they might get away with that once tops before someone involved gets arrested and lol if you use a friend, you should sell something like an older television to what is clearly a crackhead, note the serial number, and report it stolen. It will show up at a pawn shop sooner than later. You better make it look like a break in happened so make sure the cost of repair and poo poo is such that you're still making a profit ofc.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I just see a devout dude digging the hymns sorry bout your blasphemous sodomite lifestyle.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Nobody in texas but astroturfing California carpetbaggers give a gently caress about guns in texas. Even right now. Hope this helps.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Some walmarts are loving seedy & crowded and dangerous. See the one i frequent. I don't wanna take pics but its kind of hosed up how much poo poo goes down there with cops and parents still bring kids lol

My grandma had a diversion scam run on her there and her purse got lifted.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Young Freud posted:

You live in Dallas, right? I'm wondering if it's the same one I go to. They just put in uniformed guards inside the store a few months ago and it's the only Walmart I know that closes at midnight.

Im pretty north of dallas these daya and so you can figure it's one of two or three probably

I miss my dfw suburb walmart tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I bet walmart is pretty reich about it but for every customer i noticed walking out the door in my retail job my co workers basically stole hundreds or thousands of percent more in straight up cash and not an individial chip bag sold by the box of boxes we ordered in bulk

Edit: management was aware and didnt give a gently caress lol

• Locked thread