Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I was honestly hoping all of these shootings would end with the de-militarization of police and with a change in how they are trained (no more military style training and anti-terror training). But poo poo like this just gives them an excuse to militarize even more and will end with the deaths of more innocent people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

Via Zero Hedge:
According to Breaking 911, the Dallas gunman has been described as a black male wearing green ballistic vest with a long gun. Fox adds that 3-6 officers have been injured, while according to the International Spectator there is an active situation at the Omni Hotel in Dallas.

edit: A witness is now saying that the shooter was in the parking garage, likely with a sniper rifle shooting the police below. Initial shots had a delay between shots, then police returned fire rapidly in unison. That story syncs up with the 'holy gently caress' video recording the sound of the shots.

Sophy Wackles fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Jul 8, 2016

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

Young Freud posted:

Looking at those photos in dress uniform, doesn't look like there's anything special. His rank insignia says he's a Private First Class, the ribbons are Army Service and National Defense Service Medal, pretty standard participation ribbons, so it doesn't look like he spent time in Iraq or Afghanistan. Can't see a Combat Infantryman Badge. I can't make out the badge underneath the ribbons, I want to think it's an Expert Sharpshooter badge, but I would need a better quality image.

The news is saying he was a reservist who did a stint in Afganistan as a construction worker, building bases. Also general guard duty whatever that means. No combat.

• Locked thread