Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

:hfive: bruvs be4 luvs

Minimalist Program posted:

USA is a country where civilians walk around in the streets with fully automatic assault rifles.

noone does that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

OfficialGBSCaliph posted:

Yeah check out that idiot gun not-knower

There is a huge difference between automatic and semiautomatic weapons. Automatic weapons are not legal in the United States, I'm the HUGEST PRICK.

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

Do you guys think semi automatic is like a 3 round burst like in a videogame or something?

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

Also, every single cop is a bad cop. When one cop does hosed up poo poo, even the "good" cops cover for them. I don't think they should be shot, they should have a fair trial with the robot bomb.

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

mlmp08 posted:

Yes, they are. They're just highly regulated and stupid expensive as a result.

They are basically illegal, they made a whole convoluted regulation system so that the second amendment wouldn't be broken.

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

I live in the US and I've never seen anyone open carry. I do know people that conceal carry handguns though.

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

lol an unironic bootstraps post, fuckin hell.

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

spacetoaster posted:

You mean killers.

Murder, by definition, would have to have been illegal. :smuggo:

Do you even know your family history? I'm pretty sure everyone had to come from somewhere unless you're royalty. But I suppose a dumpster baby like you probably wouldn't know. :shrek:

Maybe they should just stop being so black. Irish people like you and I have been considered white for like 50 years now.

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

Ork of Fiction posted:

Racial prejudice is a result of economic inequality. U can't solve racial prejudice until you get ppl to stop being poor.

People are too dumb for this. The poor like having even poorer people to poo poo on.

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

Jeff Sichoe posted:

Of course opportunities are less for people living in the loving ghetto

here is a top tip, move out of the ghetto to somewhere you DO have opportunity for advancement

Use that $150 you were going to spend on a new pair of Nike Air Jordans and buy a bus ticket to the country.

Work hard during the day, for minimum wage. Relax at night in your own safe house with your family.

Your kids will come home from school filled with knowledge, and curiosity, instead of yeezy and gangster worship.

Perhaps one day you will be able to see your grandchildren also growing and learning in the nurturing environment you have provided.

haha yeah right

Where the gently caress can you live on minimum wage?

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

Jeff Sichoe posted:

What even is poor

poor used to be 'cannot feed childs must sell body to make ends meet'

now poor is 'oh man I can't buy that stupid poo poo I don't need'

idiots

How much money do you make a year?

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

Jeff Sichoe posted:

Minimum wage in NZ is 11.0190 USD

Minimum wage in the US is anywhere from 7 bux to 11.50 USD

http://www.raisetheminimumwage.com/pages/minimum-wage-state

That's like $82.5 for a days work.

Yeah, ok, if you want cable TV and loving cell phone plans and poo poo then that's not enough

guess what? Minimum wage is a LIVING wage for FOOD AND SHELTER

if you want more - get a better job

how do you get a better job?

WORK AT A poo poo JOB FOR YEARS AND YEARS

and hence the problem... poor people don't want to be poor for years and years, they want some magical loving fairy to come along and give them MORE money for nothing.

Do you live in New Zealand? minimum wage is like 7 bucks in most places in the US, 11 is an outlier. Also there arent better jobs, you moron. Wages have been stagnating forever. Do you know how housing costs in the US? You're out of your league here.

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

If you work 40 hours a week you shouldn't be struggling. Your solution is retarded. Work really hard at your lovely job, until u become CEO and then you don't have to do jack poo poo and you get paid on the back end.

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

Jeff Sichoe posted:

Yeah ok so barely making ends meet is now the worst thing that can happen to a person?

gently caress you got mine.

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

Moridin920 posted:

uh working 40+ hours a week at 2 jobs because neither will hire you 'full time' and still barely being able to pay your bills and not being able to really participate in our economy/society because you're some underclass cook/server/salesperson and then not being able to afford medical bills or expenses when they arise is not THE WORST thing that can happen to you, but if you think people deserve to live like that in the richest nation in the history of the world just so some other people can have that 6th house then you're a piece of poo poo

I think he lives in New Zealand, which means he has no loving clue what he's talking about when it comes to the US.

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

He figured it out.

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

Jeff Sichoe posted:

Quite honestly I had no idea employers in your country are allowed to get away with paying a minimum wage which is below their living costs.

Umm

so, what would you do to fix it?

You need to raise minimum wage, but employers are freaking the gently caress out. I forsee more jobs being automated and outsourced. We're basically hosed.

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

Moridin920 posted:

Honestly as someone whose family came to this country after the collapse of the USSR when I was ~2 and worked from low income housing all the way to owning businesses and properties: we def worked hard but we also got lucky AS gently caress and also depended on a already pre-existing community of immigrants from our country to fall back on and help us out and get us business connections. Plus we're white. Plus my dad had a decent nest egg due to what amounts to 'Chance' cards when the USSR fell (he had friends in some government office that funneled money at us).

The average immigrant is nowhere near as lucky and your argument is dumb.

This may be an unpopular opinion, but poor white immigrant communities tend to support each other much better than poor black communities. After MLK got killed, their communities went to poo poo real fast.

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

Jeff Sichoe posted:

Right ok so you raise the minimum wage to meet the local costs, right? So in Harlem you'd raise it juuust enough so people (if smart) have a little money left over each month, for training, school for their kids, whatever?

Then the average rent just goes up because suddenly there are more people around with the available funds.

So you have the exact same problem just in 2 or 3 years once the market catches up?

Nah the market is super hosed in Harlem because Bill Clinton put his office their and the rent skyrocketed as white people slowly moved in.

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

Moridin920 posted:

They COULD go live somewhere nicer, they just spend all their money on Air Jordans and Nikes!

Oh I see what you're saying. It happens. There's also a weird cultural thing in poor black communities though where leaving the ghetto is somehow seen as selling out.

It's just not by itself enough to do anything about the problem in general. But yeah as an individual there's usually always *something* you could do. A lot of people end up joining the army.

A lot of people get fooled into thinking dealing drugs is their way out and then they get put in prison.

Like I said, there are huge problems in their own community, and they really need to work that poo poo out and they kinda have to do it on their own.

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

Moridin920 posted:

There are def problems in their own community they need to fix. HOWEVER, at the same time, there are problems being dumped on them they have no power over. For example, the US drug policy creating a black market organized crime ridden system while floods of immigrants escaping from narco states compete with the jobs they would be trying to get.

The system is hosed, do you think the drug war is going to end any time soon? Realistically, what are the solutions?

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

Moridin920 posted:

I mean look man ofc there are gently caress ups and poo poo but all I'm saying is I don't think black people are just fundamentally different compared to white/latinos that they can't get out of the ghetto ever so surely there must be other factors to consider.

Here's the thing; when a black dude is born, society as a whole doesn't think they are going to amount to poo poo. Literally zero expectations. The best case scenario is you graduate high school and don't end up in jail. Chances are tho that you will end in prison, because why wouldnt you sell drugs instead of working at McDonald's and struggling. Even the one bootstraps dude said his grandfather was a bootlegger. We need to hold the black community to a higher standard.

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

Cartouche posted:

"We" could easily do so, if they didn't have their community "leaders" drumming it into their heads from birth that it's all whiteys fault.

Fair enough. The black community has some lovely leaders.

Doesn't change the fact they are disadvantaged by the system.

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

Why didn't black people vote for Bernie Sanders? Why did Spike Lee have to make that video urging minorities to vote for Bernie?

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

hemophilia posted:

i find it unthinkable that conservative states with conservative minorities would favor the more conservative candidate that they are more familliar with. Then, white people over analyzed this and discussed it in disgusting ways, pissing off black people who would otherwise probably be on board in more liberal states.

Also apparently antisemitism is a bigger thing than i realized in the u.s.

You don't have to be a dick I was really asking.

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

Ork of Fiction posted:

IMO, ppl w/o much feel like they can't afford taking risks on the unfamiliar. Clinton is known, and she paid all the right guys to say she's good.

If this is true then the system is broken.

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

Somehow this thread gets worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

spacetoaster posted:

Nope. But I can't imagine the government being able to produce, sell, and regulate drugs leading to a drop in price.

They would just need to regulate them, like any other potentially dangerous product.

• Locked thread