Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Can't 1v1 the XJohnson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

lol

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Hahahaa I remember that guy did he really off himself because of cop fear?!

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Kajeesus posted:

Useful for what? If anything, those charts are just gonna show that blacks aren't inherently criminal due to genetic inferiority or a culture of violence or whatever malice I attribute to them. What good would that do?

Do you think it's possible that culture plays a contributing role to crime in the black community alongside poverty and racism?

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

???

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Tai posted:

Looking at that household net worth chart, do blacks etc suffer from the white man keeping them down or is it a case of them having a chip on their shoulder and moan about being poor and doing nothing about it?

I lived in the states in various places for a few years. Granted the 'roughest' place I went to was Harlem but of my non white friends, they didn't mention anything about being 'kept down' and all of them had well paid jobs. I'm just curious if it's a similar thing to people in the UK where a good chunk of people who are poor spend more energy moaning about it then doing something about it. Hopefully this doesn't come off as too inflammatory. It's more curiousity then anything.

its hard to get ahead when starting at a negative or zero. black schools suck and there are typically no good jobs in the area.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

hemophilia posted:

most I ever made was $8 taking calls. Nobody ever acted like a human being above us grunts. Very personal, anecdotal thing but my factory jobs felt like I was actually doing something, even if it was some loving redundant task that should've been automated, and my co workers and bosses, did not act like robots, and Everywhere I've had a job that was business casual instead of bluejeans and work boots was insufferable in that way. If you don't see it you're part of the problem and should probably be first against the wall

Yep. Best job I've had to date was in a furniture warehouse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

You can still sue the city itself for the officer's actions right?

• Locked thread