Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I think its pretty metal they killed him with a robot. Is there any aggregation of 'best of Dallas' clips somewhere? 451 pages is too many.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I don't get why he let the KillerBot get so close to him. I'd blast that fucker

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Blazing Zero posted:

negotiator probably told him it was bringing water or something

that's loving awesome

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
First time police have ever executed someone by Bombot.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/tasneemnashrulla/heres-what-we-know-about-the-bomb-robot?bftwnews&utm_term=.pgGY6Qg43#.ifd8wbR9v

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/dallas-police-ambush/dallas-police-used-robot-bomb-kill-ambush-suspect-mayor-n605896
"If someone is shooting at the police, the police are, generally speaking, going to be authorized to eliminate that threat by shooting them, or by stabbing them with a knife, or by running them over with a vehicle," Stoughton said. "Once lethal force is justified and appropriate, the method of delivery — I doubt it's legally relevant."

fuckin drones are coming

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

these douches bringing guns to airports/etc are just attention whores, nothing more.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Lol what's up with the av/title brother.?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Yes, Mossad was a big fan of the remotely detonated cell phone bomb back in the day.

You don't really need a large explosion due to the immediate vicinity of the target's head so there's a minimized risk of collateral damage, in theory.

Cell phones continue to be the bane of mankind

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Minimalist Program posted:

Hm, that's weird because in the US it's actually normal for people to walk around with assault rifles in public.

How do you know this? A random Facebook post you saw?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Hamelekim posted:

Not sure if this is true or not, apparently it is.

https://twitter.com/ShaunKing/status/751897424889782272

Twitter is truth

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Cthulu Carl posted:

This is some kinda meta poo poo with a video within a video. What a time to be alive.

I was confused too. But who is yelling gently caress! gently caress! Midway through? Hope it was a cop. Not a passerby. And poo poo that 4 yr old :(

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

reallivedinosaur posted:

would be nice to see some diversity in the mods though, the whites only rule for mods is a bit dated if you ask me

Black mods matter

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

genesplicer posted:

Look in the lower right corner of any reply. See the little button marked "Report"? Use it. It calls the attention of the mods and admins to jokers like this. Otherwise, we often miss stuff. I don't read every thread. You help out by pointing out the idiots.

Fun fact: Over 95% of the people I ban/probate were reported to me. I don't generally prowl the forum looking for people to ban. I read it for the same reason you do. Because I like it.

I see report is available on your posts :/

So anyways, how many local cops around goons have issued a "statement", mine has. They seem kinda scared.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I think they should protest on streets with sidewalks. It'd be safer for them.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

They have a lot of sherrif in that town.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

speng31b posted:

The plural of sheriff is sheriffs

I didn't even use proper punctuation and I thought they were deputies?!11!

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
They used a whole pound of c4? Like just use a quarter and blow his legs off jfc

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Top City Homo posted:

the state is the embodiment of terrorism

i am a huge prick

Wow that non word filter

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

squidgee posted:

remember:

run - hide - fight

This is actually good advice, and they teach this to my grade school children for active shooter drills. Idiot

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

WorldsStrongestNerd posted:

And that's why poo poo isn't changing. The idea that non-violence is a good thing is a myth put out by the ruling class to help keep people in line, and progressives have convinced themselves that violence is a bad thing that only the bad people like those evil conseratives use. The most often cited examples are Martin Luther King and Ghandi,

Every major social shift is helped along by the tool of violence. The only reason King and Ghandi were able to get their non-violent programs to work was because of the threat of violence from other groups. Society in America was given the choice of doing things King's way, or doing them the Malcom X / black panther way.

The idea is "We want to do this peacefully, and will use violence only as a last resort". Not "We will always be peacefull, no matter what, and hey please listen to us out of the goodness of your heart since we have no way of forcing the issue because violence is icky and bad".

Fbi guy, I'm not with him. tyvm

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Brannock posted:

lmfao at someone actually getting upset over "first, flee the situation" "if you can't, find cover" "if you can't do either, defend yourself"

your leftist intelligentsia

I don't know leftists, but what are u supposed to do besides that?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

reallivedinosaur posted:

he should have shot them

Patience

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Frankly it takes less time/effort to just sell some crack.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

hemophilia posted:

lovely jobs that paid respectable wages used to exist a lot more. They are called manufacturing and industry jobs, and they still exist, in declining numbers. I've worked for tyson and el monterey shovelling their garbage into boxes for several bucks over minimum wage, el monterey's parent company is actually pretty good too, but we gave the majority of these away because 'service jobs are representative of a modern economy' because clearly those industry workers are psychologically, culturally fit for a corporate work space. The buying power of minimum wage is way down, factually, this is true, and if minimum wage had the same buying power it did in the 70s we'd probably have starting wages somewhere in the $20s but i dont remember the actual number.

So here's the deal, I shovelled poo poo in retail for a long time, and even did a call center job that still gives me nightmares, and I've been much happier in factory work, even though it's less dignified or whatever, because I do not get along with corporate settings or people at all and its dehumanizing nature. I was literally a cog in a machine, my job easily replacable by robots, the person giving me orientation even candidly admitting he didn't know why the company hadn't automated like half its work force like his previous employers did, because it's actually more profitable that way.

Maybe they saw some kind of merit in employing people in the area their factory operated? Who knows, but I know my job and the job of 90% of my co workers are something a machine can and does do in other companies, it was a weird patronizing courtesy i was being paid a livable wage with nice benefits to do a redundant task, while people shovel poo poo for minimum wage in call centers and retail and service jobs, ostensibly doing work that's not so easily replaced, and therefore more essential than what I did there.

Anyway the point is the value of labor is arbitrary and lovely jobs exist so that people capable of doing complex tasks don't have to waste their time with the menial labor their projects generate, but this is a two way street and there's no reason to devalue the rear end in a top hat taking your money behind the counter just because you're A Very Important Hiring Manager For A Very Serious Company. Maybe you deserve more pay, I don't know, but you don't have the right to dictate what another person's job is actually worth. And yeah, any job is worth more than 7.25 an hour.

lol found ur issue and your incorrect, I do get to set what someone works for me gets paid. Above minimum at least. And it's 10$ here. We reg pay call center people 12.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Moridin920 posted:

They COULD go live somewhere nicer, they just spend all their money on Air Jordans and Nikes!

Oh I see what you're saying. It happens. There's also a weird cultural thing in poor black communities though where leaving the ghetto is somehow seen as selling out.

It's just not by itself enough to do anything about the problem in general. But yeah as an individual there's usually always *something* you could do. A lot of people end up joining the army.

A lot of people get fooled into thinking dealing drugs is their way out and then they get put in prison.

Not before they shoot a lot of black folks in turf wars, likely getting killed themselves. By cops!

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Moridin920 posted:

Here's a hint for the super cheap seats: if you go through the visa process and can afford to pay it odds are you weren't poor in Mexico either and you aren't arriving in the USA with absolutely nothing. Double triple hint: THEY AREN'T GIVING VISAS TO UNSKILLED UNEDUCATED WORKERS DIPSHIT thus your comparison of legal latino immigrants to broke as gently caress kids growing up in compton is meaningless

Just goes back to what I said earlier: my family were immigrants but you're loving retarded if you think our success has nothing at all to do with blind luck or that everyone could do the same.

Do you have friends irl?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

hemophilia posted:

i live in a low income town in the cheapest part of the state without literally living in the west texas wasteland where there are literally no jobs unless you want to rustle cattle like an old timey villain and risk being hung in the town square by the county marshal. The ghettos of dallas are actually more expensive, but no 40 hour minimum wage does not meet my cost of living, and yeah there's no republican gay rear end stereotype to fall on here, rent a center is poison, i don't have tv, i have the cheapest internet that's available, i have a loving landline and pay as you go burner phones i've collected over the years to compensate for the times when i frequently still can't afford to pay internet/phone that month. Hope this helps you loving delusional retards.

Sorry about your lot in life. I like your AV tho

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
3 cops dead in Baton Rouge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

EX250 Type R posted:

unconfirmed tho

Confirmed
http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/17/us/baton-route-police-shooting/index.html

Suspect dead, possibly two more. He was wearing a mask.

E: mm, didn't see the OTHER cop shot dead thread. We should just have one mega to avoid confusion!

Burt Sexual fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Jul 17, 2016

• Locked thread