Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

but funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Moridin920 posted:

Well you keep mentioning his drug price hike and Daraprim but that's not what he was indicted for at all is what I'm saying. He literally committed securities fraud over the course of years and was under investigation long before the Daraprim thing happened because that's how those investigations are done.

The indictment specifically mentions Retrophin, where he was the CEO before Turing.

I mentioned it because that's all anyone knows about him and it's almost always factually incorrect. The general public and media doesn't care about the securities fraud thing even though it's the only thing that matters, all they know is the media told them "he's the guy who killed all the aids people by stealing their medicine". My point was he most likely won't get a completely fair trial.

Anyway, he has explained repeatedly why what he did with Retrophin isn't/wasn't a crime, but people like you would never be convinced even if you listened to what he had to say.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Murphy Brownback posted:

Anyway, he has explained repeatedly why what he did with Retrophin isn't/wasn't a crime, but people like you would never be convinced even if you listened to what he had to say.

Has he tried telling the feds???

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
dies to removal

the removal is AIDS

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Murphy Brownback posted:

My point was he most likely won't get a completely fair trial.

Surely he can take a few of his millions and hire a legal team that will ensure the jury selection process is as fair as possible. No one who knows who he is or what he did is going to be a juror, not even the prosecution would want that because it could be grounds for a mistrial later.

Murphy Brownback posted:

Bro I listened to it but it wasn't very convincing to me nor to the SEC nor to the FBI who are indicting him and taking him to trial with evidence they have accumulated over years of investigating.

Climb up off his dick. SEC charges are civil and not even subject to a jury anyway - he must really be hosed if the FBI is also levying criminal charges.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
holy poo poo don't respond to mordin. In fact, kill him... where the gently caress are the mods on this

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

gently caress the ROW posted:

holy poo poo don't respond to mordin. In fact, kill him... where the gently caress are the mods on this

sorry I make accurate statements that people get angry about because it challenges their world view I guess

in any other situation you'd admit that when the SEC and the FBI go 'we've been investigating you for 5 years and we are now filing charges against you' the odds of escaping a guilty verdict are pretty much nil but because it is Shkreli it's just the big bad public opinion machine against him? pff definitely because they realized the public would hate him half a decade after they initiated their investigation

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i'll wait a little longer before unloading my old poo poo i guess

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

AugmentedVision posted:

guys guys guys get this

buttcoin :smug:

heh, good gone

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

shkreli gonna buy soap shoes n a new found glory album next

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Moridin920 posted:

sorry I make accurate statements that people get angry about because it challenges their world view I guess

in any other situation you'd admit that when the SEC and the FBI go 'we've been investigating you for 5 years and we are no filing charges against you' the odds of escaping prison are pretty much nil but because it is Shkreli it's just the big bad public opinion machine against him? pff

Yeah, the feds have never, ever brought a case to trial against an innocent person, right. The whole daraprim thing pushed them against a wall and it was either throw the book at him or let him go and suffer the public abuse for being "soft on crime". Maybe he goes to prison, but I highly doubt it will be because of the facts.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
fuckin' Bernie Madoff 2.0 over here says 'i'm innocent i swear ppl just hate on me bc i'm an unrepetant douche' and that's good enough lol

Murphy Brownback posted:

Yeah, the feds have never, ever brought a case to trial against an innocent person, right. The whole daraprim thing pushed them against a wall and it was either throw the book at him or let him go and suffer the public abuse for being "soft on crime". Maybe he goes to prison, but I highly doubt it will be because of the facts.

you don't know what you're talking about. the DoJ has a 91% conviction rate on white collar crime because they have the luxury of investigating the poo poo out of you for years before you realize what is happening (and then it's far too late)

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Moridin920 posted:

you don't know what you're talking about. the DoJ has a 91% conviction rate on white collar crime because they have the luxury of investigating the poo poo out of you for years before you realize what is happening (and then it's far too late)

Conviction rates are extremely high for pretty much every crime. That doesn't mean everyone who gets brought to trial (or convicted) is guilty dumbass. Otherwise what's even the point of having the trial?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Murphy Brownback posted:

Conviction rates are extremely high for pretty much every crime. That doesn't mean everyone who gets brought to trial (or convicted) is guilty dumbass. Otherwise what's even the point of having the trial?

Because as much as the USA court system sucks and convicts innocent people sometimes, odds are that if the state takes you to court they pretty much have you dead to rights.

So yeah Shkreli might be the 1 in 10 that gets away because he was actually innocent but I very much doubt it.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
And your entire defense of him just seems to be 'he has been slammed in the court of public opinion so hard that I don't think he is really guilty of anything because the FBI/SEC only responded to public outcry.'

Which is dumb because a) he wouldn't be under investigation in the first place for 5 years if everything was on the up and up. They also indicted his legal counsel during that time and

b) he is innocent because people hate him so much? That doesn't follow.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

ya cool not a waste of anyone's time

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
NICE loving MELTDOWN BITHC

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Hahahhahha. Skimmed through. Anyone post the guy doing the monk pose with the fat asscracks in the background? I didn't see him but he rules.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Moridin920 posted:

And your entire defense of him just seems to be 'he has been slammed in the court of public opinion so hard that I don't think he is really guilty of anything because the FBI/SEC only responded to public outcry.'

Which is dumb because a) he wouldn't be under investigation in the first place for 5 years if everything was on the up and up. They also indicted his legal counsel during that time and

b) he is innocent because people hate him so much? That doesn't follow.

I think he is innocent because I've talked to him directly a lot and heard his version of events (which is out there if you would look beyond the CNN blurbs about it), and feel that ultimately his intentions were good, and if you heard what actually happened with Retrophin it does not sound anywhere remotely criminal. I question whether you actually know what the term ponzi scheme even means.

People like you are the problem with our legal system. You have the presumption of guilt and need to be proved that the accused is innocent, rather than the other way around like it is supposed to be.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

King of Bees posted:

Hahahhahha. Skimmed through. Anyone post the guy doing the monk pose with the fat asscracks in the background? I didn't see him but he rules.

Here it is: Grand Prix Richmond Crackstyle https://imgur.com/a/SjcgE maybe NSW???

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Where are the card games

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Murphy Brownback posted:

I think he is innocent because I've talked to him directly a lot and heard his version of events (which is out there if you would look beyond the CNN blurbs about it)

lol oh well then if he says he didn't do nothing wrong and he's a genial guy surely he's innocent.

Murphy Brownback posted:

and feel that ultimately his intentions were good, and if you heard what actually happened with Retrophin it does not sound anywhere remotely criminal.

okay even if true that doesn't mean much in a court of law except maaaybe lighter sentencing

Murphy Brownback posted:

People like you are the problem with our legal system. You have the presumption of guilt and need to be proved that the accused is innocent, rather than the other way around like it is supposed to be.

lol, no. I fully support innocent until proven guilty but dude this guy has been dancing with the SEC since he was 17 while dealing with multiple lawsuits from previous companies and investors alleging fraud and I feel like at some point I'm going to call it like I see it.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

it seems some of you are physically incapable of communicating, even about funny events, without turning it into a platform for an argument about your retarded beliefs

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

According to the indictment, MSMB Capital experienced huge losses in 2011 and stopped trading, but still sent newsletters to investors touting profits of nearly 40%. He used those false profits to solicit another $5 million from his investors.

Besides that isn't subject to 'he said she said.' Did he do this or not, and if he did then he is guilty. Should be an easy thing to verify imo.

satanic splash-back posted:

it seems some of you are physically incapable of communicating, even about funny events, without turning it into a platform for an argument about your retarded beliefs

i don't post to entertain and amuse you bitches I post for me and if you don't like it then post something funny to change the direction of posting instead of just whining that there's nothing funny

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

i believe that planeswalkers ruined my childhood

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

but anyway idk if this matters to you but you've convinced me that I might not be correct so I'll look into it some more before really continuing this discussion because yeah, you might be right :shrug:

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Moridin920 posted:

Besides that isn't subject to 'he said she said.' Did he do this or not, and if he did then he is guilty. Should be an easy thing to verify imo.

i don't post to entertain and amuse you bitches I post for me and if you don't like it then post something funny to change the direction of posting instead of just whining that there's nothing funny

i posted a joke and you tried to argue with my joke?? what is wrong with you?

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
american and english poetry loving SUCKS it doesnt even rhyme

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Moridin920 posted:

but anyway idk if this matters to you but you've convinced me that I might not be correct so I'll look into it some more before really continuing this discussion because yeah, you might be right :shrug:

All I'm saying is I really believe if he was as honest and not on edge like he is when he's on that "blab" thing or whatever with the media and the people trying to put him in prison they'd be a lot less gung-ho about nailing him to the wall. He seems to be physically incapable of doing that and has to spit in their faces just because that's the kind of person he is that thinks he's smarter than everyone and if they can't see the truth it's their problem. Which obviously is not a good attitude to have heading into a trial.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
im smarter than he

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Murphy Brownback posted:

All I'm saying is I really believe if he was as honest and not on edge like he is when he's on that "blab" thing or whatever with the media and the people trying to put him in prison they'd be a lot less gung-ho about nailing him to the wall. He seems to be physically incapable of doing that and has to spit in their faces just because that's the kind of person he is that thinks he's smarter than everyone and if they can't see the truth it's their problem. Which obviously is not a good attitude to have heading into a trial.

yeah I mean if he responded to Hillary's tweet with 'low income ppl get it for free actually' instead of just 'lol' it might have gone better for him at least in the media/public

Takes a certain personality to do what he does though, I don't think he'd be as successful if his personality was more humble.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

AugmentedVision posted:

american and english poetry loving SUCKS it doesnt even rhyme

Wikipedia posted:

The limerick packs laughs anatomical
Into space that is quite economical.
But the good ones I've seen
So seldom are clean
And the clean ones so seldom are comical.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
im tapping a bunch of mana right now wait till u see what i've got

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

i posted a joke and you tried to argue with my joke?? what is wrong with you?

it it's not funny it's hard for me to tell that it's a joke versus just another 'dammit moridin stop serious posting'

my bad

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
[quote="TrixRabbi" post="""]

We can't say for sure why Shkreli is asking about buying these cards. We do know that they are expensive. An original Alpha edition Black Lotus recently sold for $27,302 on eBay and even beat-up, late printings can go from $4,000 to over $10,000.
[/quote]

Half an ounce of just terrible weed.

Is when I traded two of those long baseball card boxes full of Alpha addition magic cards for, sometime in 1998 or 1999.

Seemed like a really good deal at the time.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
I loving wish I got weed for my majick cards

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Moridin920 posted:

it it's not funny it's hard for me to tell that it's a joke versus just another 'dammit moridin stop serious posting'

my bad

Here's a joke for you to get: you are a terrible poster and I wish you would stop posting forever, ha ha.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
thats not a joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Minimalist Program posted:

Here's a joke for you to get: you are a terrible poster and I wish you would stop posting forever, ha ha.

lol

• Locked thread