Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

I like how he has fallen from speculating on loving medicine and causing people to die of treatable illness or whatever. Now he tries to ~dominate the market~ on overpriced nerd garbage. Surely the humiliation is punishment enough if he had any self awareness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Tapping all my mana to summon a horde of massive dorks *throws down card with a picture of this thread*

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Sure are a lot of people "completely not interested in a kids card game but reading the thread and making sure we all know they *definitely* don't play" in this thread.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Strategic Tea posted:

I like how he has fallen from speculating on loving medicine and causing people to die of treatable illness or whatever. Now he tries to ~dominate the market~ on overpriced nerd garbage. Surely the humiliation is punishment enough if he had any self awareness

he's cornering a market on angry 11 paragraph reddit OPs, nothing more

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Strategic Tea posted:

He's not dumb, that's for sure. Nickel and dimeing nerds on overpriced garbage to further clutter up the bedroom is becoming a new market. It's why EA got away with making the DLC for Battlefront like ten bucks less than the game itself.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
he should be trumps running mate, imo

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Is magic the gathering the one with all the dice and the dragons and the dungeons and things, y/n?

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Tears In A Vial posted:

Is magic the gathering the one with all the dice and the dragons and the dungeons and things, y/n?

Yea and you win the game if ur trap card is activated

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Murphy Brownback posted:

My point was he most likely won't get a completely fair trial.

good.

he is rich so he was never going to get a fair trial anyway, at least this bias is closer to justice

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

martin shkreli to buy every dark lotus album in order to corner the market and raise the price for TRUE juggalos woop woop

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Tears In A Vial posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4hAM7dVjqw

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

Rutibex posted:

good.

he is rich so he was never going to get a fair trial anyway, at least this bias is closer to justice

too bad there was no justice for hillary :(

Unity Gain
Sep 15, 2007

dancing blue

Return Of JimmyJars posted:

Yea and you win the game if ur trap card is activated

*deploys Bailey Jay*

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Strategic Tea posted:

The guy owns and manages e-sports teams

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
How do people even know who is cornering the Magic card market? I don't even pay attention to the regular news. I can't imagine living a life where you follow the exploits of some gently caress munch who does nothing but buys and sells Magic cards. Christ.

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

TrixRabbi posted:

he could unravel two decades of Magic: The Gathering tournament culture.

TrixRabbi posted:

Magic: The Gathering tournament culture

:airquote:

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

It hasn't got six strings, but it's a lot of fun.
this is what happens when you let millenials have money

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

gnarlyhotep posted:

How do people even know who is cornering the Magic card market? I don't even pay attention to the regular news. I can't imagine living a life where you follow the exploits of some gently caress munch who does nothing but buys and sells Magic cards. Christ.

The only other case where we know someone is doing this is again because they are telling everyone they are doing it (as part of their market manipulation tactics). He is in competition with any number of shops who keep pretty close tabs on this stuff, because Magic cards are what keep hobby shops in business at this point. All those D&D books and other games are loss leaders.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
You know that wiznerds can just reprint these cards at any time, right?

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

gannyGrabber posted:

nope

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
With 3 cards you can summon a creature with power/toughness equal to one million.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Tom Gorman posted:

this guy rules

I mean as long as he isn't cornering the market on things that should be public goods, I say more power to him.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

gannyGrabber posted:

nuh uh, they pinky sweared that they would not!

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
If I was a wizard guy I'd print a black lotus each month and sell it off to some dork and consider it part of my salary

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

amityville anus posted:

With 3 cards you can summon a creature with power/toughness equal to one million.

i cast summon frieza

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

This dude is a douche bag and him suffering and prolonged, painful death would not bother me in the slightest.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

The only other case where we know someone is doing this is again because they are telling everyone they are doing it (as part of their market manipulation tactics). He is in competition with any number of shops who keep pretty close tabs on this stuff, because Magic cards are what keep hobby shops in business at this point. All those D&D books and other games are loss leaders.

I honestly don't understand how/why this is a thing because nerd poo poo is super overpriced. Like there's no way someone isn't making money hand over fist for how overpriced buying a settlers set or a phb for whatever the newest edition of dnd is.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
can't you just take a piece of paper and write the same card stats on it and stuff and use it when you play "magic the gathering". Or is there a rule that you may only play using cards you've purchased with coin

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Zzulu fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Jul 9, 2016

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

That guy owned.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Yeah he's dead now

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
He overdosed on crack

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

amityville anus posted:

He overdosed on crack

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

amityville anus posted:

He overdosed on crack

:eyepop:

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Nostratic posted:

This dude is a douche bag and him suffering and prolonged, painful death would not bother me in the slightest.

lol, you're a stupid person

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.
Shkreli buying up rare cards is just the opening gambit. His true goal is the Millenium Eye.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

wait what how the gently caress do you play a game where a certain combination of cards gives your stats infinite power, that sounds retarded

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
let me let you in on a secret bud

*leans in real uncomfortably close*

it is retarded

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doug Sisk
Sep 11, 2001
I've got a box of old magic cards from when an ex hosed off, is there an easier way to check for value than finding a local nerd? Some kind of app which used the camera would be the best, if not then I'm sure someone here can invent one and let me know.

• Locked thread